MSFS Integration / Bug reports / Discussion

aivlasoft

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey, I hope it´s not already answered - as I don´t found it.

1.)
Should I install the "normal" 2011 Rev.1 Airac into the EFB or do I need to install the Beta 2011 Rev.7 Airac which is running in MSFS into the EFB?

2.)

I red all the posts of loading flight plans, THANKS.

One small understanding thingi ... is there any restriction in FIRST do the flightplan in the EFB and SECONDLY start the sim?!
Or doenst matter?! (I understoff that we can change the plan all the time during flight - I mean the first startup)

Thanks in advance!

Best,

Florian

Hi Florian,

27 minutes ago, FieselWiesel said:

Should I install the "normal" 2011 Rev.1 Airac into the EFB or do I need to install the Beta 2011 Rev.7 Airac which is running in MSFS into the EFB?

EFB is using the procedures data from the "normal" AIRAC cycle 2011, rev. 1. It has nothing changed in this regard.

The "new" MSFS Beta cycle 2011, rev. 7 provides MSFS with new navdata (procedures, ILS data, COM frequencies, other navaids, markers).

So you have to install both.

27 minutes ago, FieselWiesel said:

is there any restriction in FIRST do the flightplan in the EFB and SECONDLY start the sim?!

The flight plan cannot be set/updated in the simulator as long as the simulator is not running. It is recommended to create/update the flight plan in EFB while the simulator is running.

However, you may do your flight planning work before the simulator is running, but then you have to make at least one change to the flight plan as soon as the simulator is running to enforce loading of the flight plan into the simulator.

21 minutes ago, aivlasoft said:

Hi Florian,

EFB is using the procedures data from the "normal" AIRAC cycle 2011, rev. 1. It has nothing changed in this regard.

The "new" MSFS Beta cycle 2011, rev. 7 provides MSFS with new navdata (procedures, ILS data, COM frequencies, other navaids, markers).

So you have to install both.

The flight plan cannot be set/updated in the simulator as long as the simulator is not running. It is recommended to create/update the flight plan in EFB while the simulator is running.

However, you may do your flight planning work before the simulator is running, but then you have to make at least one change to the flight plan as soon as the simulator is running to enforce loading of the flight plan into the simulator.

Thanks!

Hi,

16 hours ago, aivlasoft said:

Thanks for the updates so far, the program works better and better, however i noticed two things:

1. Since the last update, I can't start EFBv2 any more before the simulator is running. It always hangs at "Applying profile: C172S Skyhawk". After starting the sim it continues sometimes but sometimes it's necessary to restart both the server and the client to get it working. The logfiles are attached.

2. Sometimes I need to or want to restart a flight and then the flight plan is not sent to the Airplane. I always do the workaround you suggest and make a small change to the flight plan and then it's synchronized again. However this seems like a rather hacky workaraound..

Could you maybe add a dedicated "Resend flight plan" button somewhere (maybe in the flight plan editor dialog)? I think this would be much cleaner and shouldn't be too much work, right?

And one more thing, although that's probably quite a bit of work and something for after the MSFS integration is finsihed:

The limitation that the terrain-data is only available around selected airports is somewhat annoying and frankly doesn't look nice. I understand that reloading the terrain all the time would be CPU intensive so having it on the map all the time independent of some reference position is not an option.

But would it be possible to add either

- A button that allows reloading the terrain arround the current airplane position.

- Or, even better, a function (maybe as a toggle-button at the bottom that's only enabled when the moving-map is enabled) that automatically reloads the terrain around the airplane-position whenever the map is shifted by a certain distance depending on the zoom-level.

Otherwise, thanks for the program, it's literally a game-changer for me and i really like the clean and touch-friendly user experience!

regards,

Sebastian

serverLogfile.txt clientLogfile.txt

Hi Sebastian,

thank you for the good words on EFB and for this report.

1) Did you already update to the latest version of FSUIPC7 (2020-10-30)?

2) I will check this

3) Please bear in mind that EFB is built as an IFR tool and therefore terrain data is only needed to be visualized when you come closer to your destination airport, or when you leave your origin airport. Changing this logic would result in a rewrite of major parts of the source code. However, I also have some thoughts about terrain data visualization, but to be honest, this would be stuff for a new version 3, if ever ...

Hi Urs,

3 hours ago, aivlasoft said:

1) Did you already update to the latest version of FSUIPC7 (2020-10-30)

I was using the 2020-10-28 version. Now upgraded to 2020-10-30 but it still hangs at "Applying profile". It only continues once MSFS is started and a flight is started (most of the time anyways).

This information brings me a step forward, thanks.  Now I see the difference between your system and mine. I will have to figure out why and how this difference can happen. For further investigation, could you please upload the current aircraft profile "CESS 172"? If you don't want to share it you also may send it to support@aivlasoft.com. Thanks.

On 11/4/2020 at 11:14 AM, aivlasoft said:

Thanks Sebastian!

Meanwhile I could locate the bug and have fixed it. New installers are being tested internally and should be available soon.

Hi Urs,

I downloaded the new version and the problem did not happen again even after restarting the client 👍

Thanks for fixing the issue.

Sebastian

Is anyone else getting this error after updating to Navigraph 2012 data in the database builder log.

2020-11-06 08:35:43.226   Debug   : Reading Navigraph FMS Data, cycle 2012 Rev 1 ...
2020-11-06 08:35:44.902   Debug   : Reading MSFS data ...
2020-11-06 08:35:55.540   Error   : Unable to read beyond the end of the stream.
2020-11-06 08:35:55.543   Debug   : --> Merging simulator and navdata MSFS/NG
2020-11-06 08:35:55.544   Debug   : COM services and airspaces copied
2020-11-06 08:35:55.550   Error   : Object reference not set to an instance of an object.     at y.y.o.g.f()   at y.y.o.g.y(SimulatorTypes A_0, NavdataTypes A_1, String A_2)

After completing the client still shows the yellow AIRAC Cycle warning.

I'm running the latest version of server and client from the forum thread, installed it just now to confirm the problem is still present.

dbBuilderLogfile.rar

OK did a little more digging. I removed the MSFS database in the builder and recreated it. No errors were reported, but the AIRAC yellow warning was still present.

I then had to start the builder again and update the Navdata again, this time it completed without the error in the previous post, and the yellow warning is gone. Everything appears OK again now ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

FSUIPC 7 is released as a payware addon meanwhile that is even not very cheap (friendly spoken!). Will it be possible using it as an unregistered version like it was before or do I have to buy it for using EFB furthermore?

Maybe it will be possible using EFB with simconnect in the future?

Kai

3 minutes ago, KaiUweWeiß said:

FSUIPC 7 is released as a payware addon meanwhile that is even not very cheap (friendly spoken!). Will it be possible using it as an unregistered version like it was before or do I have to buy it for using EFB furthermore?

Maybe it will be possible using EFB with simconnect in the future?

Kai

I dont think you need the registered version 

Missing Airports and ILS Frequencies -

I've rebuild the database a few times but the same problem persists ...

For example:

1. Although PAVD (Valdez Pioneer) is in FS2020 and you could land and take-off from the airport, the EFB says 'no airport found'
  2. At EFHK (Helsinki) all the ILS frequencies display 'NO LOC FOUND' and therefore you have to look up the ILS frequencies from your Jepp plates, and they all work at the airport

What and where does the DataBuilder misses when it writes the data file ... or am I doing something wrong somewhere?? Above mentioned are only two examples, there are many more.

PS: Aivlasoft and FS2020 are up to date.