MSFS Integration / Bug reports / Discussion

aivlasoft

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess that the installation folder was not properly set.  The installation folder is the folder 'above' the folder "Official" and the folder "Community".

e.g.

D:\MSFS  <--- this would be the installation folder

Official

Steam

Community

The log you posted above showed you as selecting the root folder of your D drive

2020-10-12 18:22:27.153   Debug   : Installation path given: d:\
2020-10-12 18:22:27.156   Debug   : Path official: d:\official\steam
2020-10-12 18:22:27.160   Debug   : Path community: d:\community
2020-10-12 18:22:27.163   Debug   : Path fs-base: d:\official\steam\fs-base
2020-10-12 18:22:27.166   Debug   : Path fs-base-nav: d:\official\steam\fs-base-nav
2020-10-12 18:22:27.197   Warning : Could not find d:\official\steam\fs-base\en-US.locPak

You need to supply a log after trying the D:\Steam\MS2020 folder so Urs can see what is going on.

Thats is so weird it's still not showing that its looking in the D:\Steam\MS2020 folder.

This is what it looks like when I add a database for Flight Simulator.

1956539942_newdatabase.png.84d23385cb7de8528c227646ccd53dee.png

And this is what the log looks like for the same section.

020-10-11 12:01:46.492   Debug   : Creating list of BGL files to scan
2020-10-11 12:01:46.493   Debug   : Installation path given: h:\msfs
2020-10-11 12:01:46.494   Debug   : Path official: h:\msfs\official\steam
2020-10-11 12:01:46.494   Debug   : Path community: h:\msfs\community
2020-10-11 12:01:46.495   Debug   : Path fs-base: h:\msfs\official\steam\fs-base
2020-10-11 12:01:46.495   Debug   : Path fs-base-nav: h:\msfs\official\steam\fs-base-nav
2020-10-11 12:01:46.495   Debug   : Path Navigraph Navdata: h:\msfs\community\navigraph-navdata
2020-10-11 12:01:47.802   Debug   : Reading files and folders to be excluded

Ok I see what's going on but ATM I haven't the remedy. Urs need to have a look at that. For any unknown reason the InstallationFolder is still set to "d:\". At DbBuilder runtime the the Installation path given is "d:\ms2020"

Both paths are wrong. They should (obviously) read "D:\Steam\MS2020"

Urs will need to analyze why those paths are overwritten by a wrong path. There's definitely something odd going on.

I´m having a different problem. The client can´t connect to the server in a network setup. It always worked before the MSFS 2020 update. I have FSUIPC 7 installed, made sure that the firewall isn´t the problem. Other programs like vpilot have no trouble communicating via the network. WideFS is not needed, correct?

The database is correctly built without any error message, the server starts without any trouble. Could it be a port issue? I can´t check, if the correct port is set in the client, because it won´t let me open the settings tab while trying to connect to the server.

Any advice or suggestion would be great!

57 minutes ago, ingoke said:

I´m having a different problem. The client can´t connect to the server in a network setup. It always worked before the MSFS 2020 update. I have FSUIPC 7 installed, made sure that the firewall isn´t the problem. Other programs like vpilot have no trouble communicating via the network. WideFS is not needed, correct?

The database is correctly built without any error message, the server starts without any trouble. Could it be a port issue? I can´t check, if the correct port is set in the client, because it won´t let me open the settings tab while trying to connect to the server.

Any advice or suggestion would be great!

Hi ??? (please follow the Forum Rules and sign your posts with your real first name)

Please post a set of Support Files. I do not have the problems you describe. I'm working on two different systems of which one is also networked, withou any problems.

11 hours ago, lonewulf47 said:

Hmm, thinking it over I have one more idea: How did you enter the Path "D:\Steam\MS2020" in the DbBuilder? Did you write it into the field or did you do the selection via the "...." Button? In any case you should use the selection field "...." to enter the path.

I used the .... to enter the path.

Hi,

Just want to say that I am not experiencing any troubles with the Beta version at this time. I have a digital copy of fs2020 and all went fine at configuration time.

There is only one thing that threw me off for a short while even though it is not technically a bug, is to have to wait for the flight to be ready before the interface finishes to load. If forces the flight to be on before I can enter the information in the interface.

The happened the first time when I added the profiles in the zip files and didn't stop when I removed them.

I can get used to that, but I usually prefer to prepare my flight before I launch the sim.

5 hours ago, DuvalM said:

Hi,

Just want to say that I am not experiencing any troubles with the Beta version at this time. I have a digital copy of fs2020 and all went fine at configuration time.

There is only one thing that threw me off for a short while even though it is not technically a bug, is to have to wait for the flight to be ready before the interface finishes to load. If forces the flight to be on before I can enter the information in the interface.

The happened the first time when I added the profiles in the zip files and didn't stop when I removed them.

I can get used to that, but I usually prefer to prepare my flight before I launch the sim.

With the newest version of FSUIPC7 you should be able to start EFB before launching the Sim. I have tried many times and it should be ok.