aivlasoft

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 hours ago, Andydigital said:

Ā 

5 hours ago, Enzon said:

Thank you Andy for your help, but I did it, restarted the PC, tried to make Database Builder.....same error. :(

dbBuilderLogfile.txt 2.77 kB Ā· 1 download

Ā 

Same here, tried both (Registry and Group Policy) methods,Ā but its still the same outcome.

Hi there,

I have the same 2 errors despite the fact that my installation is the standard Microsoft store installation.

The UserCfg.opt file mentionedĀ is in: AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache,

the database builder defaults to: AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache\Packages.

Ā 

I have tried both paths and I get errors with both.

Ā 

Error Ā  : The specified path, file name, or both are too long. The fully qualified file name must be less than 260 characters, and the directory name must be less than 248 characters. Ā  Ā  at System.IO.Path.LegacyNormalizePath(String path, Boolean fullCheck, Int32 maxPathLength, Boolean expandShortPaths) Ā  at System.IO.Path.InternalGetDirectoryName(String path) Ā  at System.IO.FileSystemEnumerableIterator`1..ctor(String path, String originalUserPath, String searchPattern........

Ā 

andĀ 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā Error Ā  : Could not find file 'C:\Users\simon\Documents\AivlaSoft\EFB2\Server\DbBuilder\Base\Mfs\comservices.bin'. Ā  Ā  at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath) Ā  at System.IO.File.InternalCopy(String sourceFileName, String destFileName, Boolean overwrite, Boolean checkHost) Ā  at f.f.z.p.f(SimulatorTypes A_0, NavdataTypes A_1, String A_2)

Ā 

17 hours ago, aivlasoft said:

Hi Andy,

Thanks very much for your valued help!

Ā 

To find an initial path, EFB is looking for the file 'UserCfg.opt'. For the MS Store version the path to this file is: %LOCALAPPDATA%\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache

Ā 

This file contains a line starting with "InstalledPackagesPath". At least for the 'MS Store (download)' version this points to the installation folder of MFS. Could you please check whether there is a similar information for the Steam version? Thanks.

Ā 

Hi, that's the path I used and I'm still getting the same 2Ā errors. I have a standard Microsoft store installationĀ 

8 minutes ago, Charles Tucker said:

Ā 

Hi, that's the path I used and I'm still getting the same 2Ā errors. I have a standard Microsoft store installationĀ 

Hi Charles,

This sounds somewhat strange, as the default path should be read without any problems. the length is far below the limitations and we have it running here with a default installation as well. Could you post the "serverSettings.txt" file, to be found in the EFB (standard installation) documents folder: "C:\Users\<username>\Documents\AivlaSoft\EFB2\Server\Settings"

15 minutes ago, lonewulf47 said:

Hi Charles,

This sounds somewhat strange, as the default path should be read without any problems. the length is far below the limitations and we have it running here with a default installation as well. Could you post the "serverSettings.txt" file, to be found in the EFB (standard installation) documents folder: "C:\Users\<username>\Documents\AivlaSoft\EFB2\Server\Settings"

Ā Thanks for the quick response, please find attached the serverSettings.txt file

serverSettings.txt

18 minutes ago, Charles Tucker said:

Ā Thanks for the quick response, please find attached the serverSettings.txt file

serverSettings.txt 4.15 kB Ā· 1 download

Thanks Charles for the file. At first sight I do not see anything abnormal. Path length is well within limits. We might need to have a close look at that tomorrow. You certainly run the Server with full admin rights, do you? Here it's 02:00 a.m. and I need an eyeful of sleep...šŸ˜€ Getting back to you tomorrow.

2 minutes ago, lonewulf47 said:

Thanks Charles for the file. At first sight I do not see anything abnormal. Path length is well within limits. We might need to have a close look at that tomorrow. You certainly run the Server with full admin rights, do you? Here it's 02:00 a.m. and I need an eyeful of sleep...šŸ˜€ Getting back to you tomorrow.

Its 1am here and I'm off to sleep as well. Was not expecting such a quick response. Posted hoping to get answered by morning.Ā 

And yes, I always run everything flight simulation with full admin rights

16 minutes ago, DarkBasic86 said:

I made a discovery about the error with the long path/file name.

Ā 

I tried to build the DB with an empty Community folder and it worked.

So one of my mods is causing this.

Ā 

I will try to pinpoint the exact mod and will report soon.

Oh, that's brilliant. Please report back your findings. I only have the flybywire and the aircraft liveries mod installedĀ 

Hi all / Just as info.

I am runing EFB2 with the MFS Integration without any problems together with FS2020 Premium Deluxe Version downloaded from MS-Store. Using FSUIPC7, the Navigraph MFS.NG-2011/R1 update and the EFB NG-2011/R1 with the EFB-Server on the flightsim PC and the EFB-Client on a remote (WLAN) laptop with touchscreen.

Ā 

Everything working fine. Also using in the community folder a lot of liveries and the A320neo mod from FlyByWire A32NX (Develop mode 0.4).

Ā 

Peter

Ā 

7 hours ago, DarkBasic86 said:

Ā 

Ā 

Hi all,

thank you for your brilliant intuition. Now is working!

You supposed right!

Ā 

šŸ‘

13 hours ago, DarkBasic86 said:

This limitation of 255 characters is imposed by Microsoft's .NET Environment. Now think of the basic path for MSFS which has - depending on the username - already a length of close to 100. Then think of a simple addon like a default airport using up another 50 or 60 Characters with all its subpaths. So a minimum of around 150 Characters is already used up.

I have seen basic installations paths using much more than the initial 100 chars due to a specific location. Same applies for the username.

it's simply not an extremely good idea by MS/Asobo to produce this kind of path constructions with characters adding up unnecessarily. That's why I have installed MSFS onto a separate drive. The basic path remains the same, but the installation path for AddOns is short, like e.g. "D:\MFS". See the difference? šŸ˜‡

Ā 

10 minutes ago, lonewulf47 said:

This limitation of 255 characters is imposed by Microsoft's .NET Environment. Now think of the basic path for MSFS which has - depending on the username - already a length of close to 100. Then think of a simple addon like a default airport using up another 50 or 60 Characters with all its subpaths. So a minimum of around 150 Characters is already used up.

I have seen basic installations paths using much more than the initial 100 chars due to a specific location. Same applies for the username.

it's simply not an extremely good idea by MS/Asobo to produce this kind of path constructions with characters adding up unnecessarily. That's why I have installed MSFS onto a separate drive. The basic path remains the same, but the installation path for AddOns is short, like e.g. "D:\MFS". See the difference? šŸ˜‡

Ā 

So what does this mean? I have removed every addon in the community folder and got it to work too, does this mean we can't have any addon if we wish to use the efb? Or would it continue to work now that the database has been built ifĀ we put the addons back in

1 hour ago, Charles Tucker said:

So what does this mean? I have removed every addon in the community folder and got it to work too, does this mean we can't have any addon if we wish to use the efb? Or would it continue to work now that the database has been built ifĀ we put the addons back in

Well, I can't answer your question. I don't need to remove any AddOns to have the DbBuilder working. If it doesn't work on your side with some AddOns, it might be adviseable to look for any AddOns with extremely long names and long subpaths creating this kind of havoc. I'm sorry that I can't be more specific on that as I don't know what kind of packages you have installed. On our side we don't have any of those problems with the presently installed AddOns. I will investigate a bit deeper into this limitation. In any case it is - as already pointed out - a .NET limitation which is beyond our reach.

My guess is that after having run the DbDuilder without any AddOns, EFB will run normally with the AddOns back in place, however the Ground Layouts will correspond to the Default Airports and not to the AddOns.

Ā 

Ā 

41 minutes ago, lonewulf47 said:

Well, I can't answer your question. I don't need to remove any AddOns to have the DbBuilder working. If it doesn't work on your side with some AddOns, it might be adviseable to look for any AddOns with extremely long names and long subpaths creating this kind of havoc. I'm sorry that I can't be more specific on that as I don't know what kind of packages you have installed. On our side we don't have any of those problems with the presently installed AddOns. I will investigate a bit deeper into this limitation. In any case it is - as already pointed out - a .NET limitation which is beyond our reach.

My guess is that after having run the DbDuilder without any AddOns, EFB will run normally with the AddOns back in place, however the Ground Layouts will correspond to the Default Airports and not to the AddOns.

Ā 

Ā 

Thanks, I have found putting the addons back after the database has been built works. I only have the flybywire A320 neo and the aircraft livery pack installed. Nothing more. I haven't got any airport mod at the moment so ground appears to be working fine. Trouble is when I start installing addon airports.Ā 

first of all I want to say "Thanks" for the prerelease version.

Ā 

Up to now everything seems to be running fine.šŸ™‚

Ā 

I've installed the MSFS Premium Deluxe version from the MS store. The MSFS content is installed on drive D.

Ā 

I'm not sure, but it seems that FSUIPC7 causesĀ some performance problems at the moment.

Ā 

Patric

11 hours ago, Charles Tucker said:

Thanks, I have found putting the addons back after the database has been built works. I only have the flybywire A320 neo and the aircraft livery pack installed. Nothing more. I haven't got any airport mod at the moment so ground appears to be working fine. Trouble is when I start installing addon airports.Ā 

Hi Charles,

Could you please upload the Database-Builder's logfile which contains the errors mentioned earlier in one of your posts. To locate this in the source code I need the entire message. Thanks.