MSFS Integration / Bug reports / Discussion

aivlasoft

Hi, Big thank you for bringing EFB to MSFS 2020, have really missed using this having previously been a user for a couple of years with P3D.

I have the MS Store version and all installed today ok with no issues ( and I was prepared for hours of tweaking and swearing!). As stated, the Flightplan holds up well in the EFB display and also the A320neo panel display, but nothing shows in the FMC. I did update the EFB flightplan on Approach which seemed to wipe out what was in the (hidden) FMC plan and the plane went off course.

I then flew using HDG  with the EFB plan as a guide and managed an ILS landing (the ILS freq had remained in the FMC) so all ok in the end. Will try a few more flights - but keep up the good work. Hopefully Asobo will get around to fixing their end at some point and make your life easier!

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi ??? (please sign your post with your real name according to our Forum Rules)

Please check on this thread on page 5 my answer to user PeterMaxKoller: https://forum.aivlasoft.com/topic/4676-mfs-integration-bug-reports-discussion/page/5/

This is the exact description how to use a flight plan within MSFS. DO NOT use any of the inputs in the "FMGS" or G1000/3000 of the MSFS aircraft but handle any flightplan changes in EFB. Any change will automatically be transferred into any MSFS default aircaft. One single exception to this rule is the A320neo where you need to insert the ILS in case the landing is intended following an ILS approach. This is unfortunately the only means to use the appropriate ILS frequency. The commonly used method via EFB's "Radio" button does not work with the A320neo. All the rest is described in my answer posted to the use above as mentioned.

You can even create a so called Z (zulu) Flight Plan to change from VFR to a IFR Approach and Landing. This works well and has been used by me personally many times.

Please also observe my comments regarding visibility of waypoints in GPS, NavDisplays and "FMGS". Please also note that the MSFS flight log will remain empty.

10 minutes ago, Brit128 said:

Is there a way to import flight plans from MSFS to EFB?

No, presently not. But to be honest: why would you want to do that? The planning utility of MFS is by far not a ideal. Personally I do all the planning in SimBrief (always without procedures), and then complete the plan according to the present situation in EFB2. Thereafter the plan is automatically transferred into the default GPS and you can use it in FMS/NAV mode. Unfortunately the Flightplan is not shown completely in the G1000/3000 NAV displays, but you will see  that the A/C is perfectly following the planned route.

29 minutes ago, lonewulf47 said:

No, presently not. But to be honest: why would you want to do that? The planning utility of MFS is by far not a ideal. Personally I do all the planning in SimBrief (always without procedures), and then complete the plan according to the present situation in EFB2. Thereafter the plan is automatically transferred into the default GPS and you can use it in FMS/NAV mode. Unfortunately the Flightplan is not shown completely in the G1000/3000 NAV displays, but you will see  that the A/C is perfectly following the planned route.

I tried it out in a C172 w/out G1000. It seems to load the flightplan, but it does not show up in the GPS. Then I tried the CJ4. Doesn't show in the FMS. But I didn't fly, so I don't know if it works. But if it does it would be perfect. Question: If I change the approach in EFB during flight, doess it also change in the aircraft?

3 hours ago, Robsi60 said:

I tried it out in a C172 w/out G1000. It seems to load the flightplan, but it does not show up in the GPS. Then I tried the CJ4. Doesn't show in the FMS. But I didn't fly, so I don't know if it works. But if it does it would be perfect. Question: If I change the approach in EFB during flight, doess it also change in the aircraft?

Yes, every change is automatically applied to any aircraft's FMS. The fact that the EFB Flightplan does not show up in the FMS and only partially in the NAV displays is unfortunately not in our hands. This is the way MSFS handles internal FMS data. You will also not see anything in the MSFS Flight Log. But again here: you will have the complete flight log in EFB2.

You can also use it for creation of a so called Z-flightplan: Fly under VFR and set up a flight inflight into an IFR controlled airport. Everything will again be transferred automatically into MSFS FMF and can be joined by using FMS NAV.

BTW, this function is not new. It exists already since the first day of EFB, unfortunately not many people are using it...😉

• aivlasoft changed the title to MSFS Integration / Bug reports / Discussion
34 minutes ago, aivlasoft said:

Hello ??? (please observe the forum rules and sign your posts with your real first name. Thanks).

Difficult to say what's the cause for this issue. It seems to be related to the network installation/configuration which is unknown to me and also beyond the scope of EFB.

Hello, thanks for this fast answer.

In the first Version of the #120 Build it works fine. I don´t changed my Network installation/configuration. 😕

On 10/25/2020 at 5:07 PM, lonewulf47 said:

Yes, every change is automatically applied to any aircraft's FMS. The fact that the EFB Flightplan does not show up in the FMS and only partially in the NAV displays is unfortunately not in our hands. This is the way MSFS handles internal FMS data. You will also not see anything in the MSFS Flight Log. But again here: you will have the complete flight log in EFB2

This works for the A320 Neo and its mod too?

I always create a flightplan in simbrief, downloaded it for FS2020 and loaded it in the welcome screen of MSFS. How is the right way to load a flightplan from EFB? Importing from simbrief, completing it with procs and after that push the button "save FPL"? Is that the right way? (Sorry, I didn't read the whole manuals completely yet).

3 minutes ago, KaiUweWeiß said:

This works for the A320 Neo and its mod too?

I always create a flightplan in simbrief, downloaded it for FS2020 and loaded it in the welcome screen of MSFS. How is the right way to load a flightplan from EFB? Importing from simbrief, completing it with procs and after that push the button "save FPL"? Is that the right way? (Sorry, I didn't read the whole manuals completely yet).

It works for ALL default A/C. The manuals have not been adjusted yet. For MSFS the procedure you mentioned does not work. You need to do EVERYTHING in EFB. The only exception is that for the A320 you need to insert the inal ILS if you need an ILS as final approach aid. Not sure about all features of the A320neo's "FMGS". If there's a possibility to enter the ILS frequency manually in the MCDU, then this will work most probably too. But DO NOT USE any inputs in the MCDU, as this will not be transferred into EFB.

Just create a flightplan in SimBrief and transfer it into EFB and complete it there with all procedures. That's the way it works.

As long as the option 'Forward flight plan to default GPS' is ticked in the current aircraft profile, any changes to the flight plan in EFB will automatically be saved to the file 'EFB_current_gps.pln'. This file will be loaded automatically into any MSFS default A/C.

Details about this see this post in the 'Announcements' subforum (scroll down to the known issues):

https://forum.aivlasoft.com/topic/4655-microsoft-flight-simulator-msfs-integration/?do=findComment&comment=25568

Hm..

I just created a flightplan with simbrief and imprted it into EFB. Here I set the SID, saved the plan and started MSFS with the A320 Neo mod from github. At the gate I powered up the plane so I can see the CDU but my flightplan is not loaded. How can i get it into the CDU please?

42 minutes ago, KaiUweWeiß said:

Hm..

I just created a flightplan with simbrief and imprted it into EFB. Here I set the SID, saved the plan and started MSFS with the A320 Neo mod from github. At the gate I powered up the plane so I can see the CDU but my flightplan is not loaded. How can i get it into the CDU please?

You can't ! Simply ! There is no interface at present to load external FMS plans into an active FMS except the old fashioned way already used in FSX. Why it doesn't load into a "FMGC" or similar device is unknown. The same applies for the MSFS Fligthlog. It s obviously only stored internally. Nevertheless the A/C will follow the flightplan (in NAV mode) exactly as shown on the EFB map display. Maybe later (in a year or so) MS/Asobo will find out that there are also other means of loading flightplans. maybe not... Who knows. We have absolutely no influence on that. We are at the end of the food chain. We have to take the crump that is left over...

6 minutes ago, KaiUweWeiß said:

Okay, good to know. So I didn't anything wrong.

So the bus will make navigation with an empty CDU and Navigation display but steered nethertheless via the EFB, is it right?

That's correct. You will see that nevertheless a few waypoints will show up on the NAV display, as they do on the default GARMIN Nav Displays. But no Procedures or waypoints therein. it's all steered by the internal flightplan provided by EFB. Even changes inflight are allowed. So your master navigation display is the EFB map. It's better and bigger anyway...😇 All this is valid for EVERY default MSFS aircraft.

What are thoughts on implementing the radio functionality? Pilot2ATC can change frequencies in MSFS, is there some issue with the way EFB does it making it (currently) not compatible?  

This is the only thing stopping me from returning to VATSIM, the radio functionality in EFB is fantastic... i miss it.

Hi Damian,

EFB is depending on the functionality of FSUIPC which (to my knowledge) is partially depending on SimConnect. The current version of the MSFS-SDK (7.0) unfortunately does not yet support setting COM frequencies. At least this is the information which I have read. I apologize not having as much insight as it seems that Pilot2ATC has.