MSFS Integration / Bug reports / Discussion

aivlasoft

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Oskar, apologies if this has been answered elsewhere but is it possible to use Rex Weather force 2020 with EFB?

I've tried selecting  Rex sky force in the settings but of course there is no way to change the folder location so this doesn't work.
Thanks for a great program 

2 minutes ago, Briant said:

Hi Oskar, apologies if this has been answered elsewhere but is it possible to use Rex Weather force 2020 with EFB?

I've tried selecting  Rex sky force in the settings but of course there is no way to change the folder location so this doesn't work.
Thanks for a great program 

Hi Brian,

We don't have any information on Rex Weather Force 2020. Presumably it is not working the way we are used with weather programs for FSX/P3D or X-Plane. With MSFS things are pretty much different. As long as the SDK does not give enough clues as to how external weather is being injected into MSFS, we have no chance to include such Weather Sources into EFB. So as a conclusion, at present you will have to rely on "real weater" selection in the respective settings window.

37 minutes ago, lonewulf47 said:

Hi Brian,

We don't have any information on Rex Weather Force 2020. Presumably it is not working the way we are used with weather programs for FSX/P3D or X-Plane. With MSFS things are pretty much different. As long as the SDK does not give enough clues as to how external weather is being injected into MSFS, we have no chance to include such Weather Sources into EFB. So as a conclusion, at present you will have to rely on "real weater" selection in the respective settings window.

Understood. thanks for looking into it though. Maybe one day 🙂

Hi,

thanks for the update to make the EFB work in MSFS!

I have read the instructions on how to get the aircraft (mainly the TBM930) to fly the flightplan. This works ok but not for SID or STAR. I make my flightplan with SimBrief (without procedures), load it into EFB with the aircraft ready to taxi in MSFS. The moment I hit "finish" on the flight plan menu in EFB, the plan goes into the FMC. And then I have no chance to get a SID and/or STAR into the plan as it is never changed. So how can I get a SID or STAR in the flight plan? Do you import the plan WITH the procedure? I'm certainly missing something here....

Thanks for any help!

53 minutes ago, Viking01 said:

And then I have no chance to get a SID and/or STAR into the plan as it is never changed. So how can I get a SID or STAR in the flight plan? Do you import the plan WITH the procedure? I'm certainly missing something here....

No, the SIDs and STARs are not displayed in the GPS, but the Autpilot will neverthelss follow it ! Just let the Autopilot fly in GPS mode and you will see that it follows the Routing exactly as depicted on the EFB map...😀 The GPS is obviously not able to display the user waypoints, but stil will fly the routing. That's how it is described. This is valid for all A/C with defaut GPS.

2 hours ago, Viking01 said:

Thanks Oskar, I'll give it another try! So far it did not work in the TBM930. The STAR into 14L at Cologne was never startet, the airplane flew directly towards EDDK, not to the STAR-points or the FAF. 

Gunter,

I've done certainly a zillion of such flights with almost all default GPS equipped A/C. I strongly assume that you forgot to add the selected STAR to the flightplan (Set FPL Button). This would result exactly in what you describe. Here's the selected STAR for RWY 14L at EDDK. It's been following exactly that routing.

EDDK_14L.thumb.png.1796e0f5d1213491d6b78204d5ad9c11.png

Thanks Oskar, you are probably right. I just found it a bit strange as the STAR and the SID were outlined with their waypoints in the flight plan window. The aircraft followed the SID but not the STAR.

Anyway, I made another flight and it worked again, so it most probably was my fault. The EFB is certainly the best possibility to get IFR flights done in a proper way in MSFS.

26 minutes ago, Viking01 said:

Thanks Oskar, you are probably right. I just found it a bit strange as the STAR and the SID were outlined with their waypoints in the flight plan window. The aircraft followed the SID but not the STAR.

Anyway, I made another flight and it worked again, so it most probably was my fault. The EFB is certainly the best possibility to get IFR flights done in a proper way in MSFS.

Gunter,

Thanks for the nice words on EFB. You might note during Procedures setup, whether a certain procedure is connected or not: as long as the connecting line (e.g. for s STAR) between last waypoint and ARP is still present, then the Procedure is not yet connected.

EDDK_14L_01.thumb.png.2239126971f91c118a8618e322d6f1f8.png

Thanks, I will check that.

What I couldn't find out is, if a later change will be transferred to the aircraft, i.e. when a RWY change requires a different approach. But I will know pretty soon as I just fly from EDDH to EDDK and changed the RWY to 24 from 14L with a new approach and STAR. In the EFB flight plan everything seems to be correct...

Yes, it works, the AP follows the new STAR!

2 hours ago, Viking01 said:

What I couldn't find out is, if a later change will be transferred to the aircraft, i.e. when a RWY change requires a different approach. But I will know pretty soon as I just fly from EDDH to EDDK and changed the RWY to 24 from 14L with a new approach and STAR. In the EFB flight plan everything seems to be correct...

Each change will instantly be transferred as soon as you press the "Set FPL" Button or the "DCT TO" Key. All you need to do is - if required - to  tune a new ILS frequency. There is no difference to P3D/FSX handling.

Question: I have 3 programms running which have influence to the track. All have navigraph AIRAC. The Sim (Navdata Beta), Pilot2ATC and EFB2. EFB2 transfering data to the sim I have disabled, but it matches more or less the track of P2A which is good. But the plane has completely diffrent approaches a.s.o. USR Waypoints instead of real ones. Without SID, STAR and APPR the track is the same. I'm not quite sure why because the plane should have SID, STAR and APPR the same as EFB2. If not I enable transfering data to GPS again. I wanted the plane to show the path that's why I'm doing this manually. It would be much easyer to fly, though not realistic. What I can't use is transfering frequencies a.s.o. otherwise P2A messes up. I must use P2A but is almost as simple. But why has the plane different waypoints? I have been told that they should be the same. Did I do something wrong. Update simulator and create new database is all I did since the official release of EFB2.

Hallo Oskar und Urs
Ich schreibe in Deutsch und das mit Absicht. Ich flog heute zwei Flüge und das hinterste und letzte funktionierte. Ich hatte viele, viele Probleme bis es soweit war.
Ich habe noch Wünsche und das erste ist eine Szenerie vom Birrfeld. Flylogic wird irgenwann eine liefern. Dann sind meine Wünsche erfüllt. Ich war oft dort und lebe 2km Luftlinie entfernt. Jets fliege ich nur dem Wetter geschuldet.

Nun zum Wesentlichen: Ich möchte mich bei Euch bedanken und wünsche Euch und Euren Familien einen guten Rutsch und ein gesundes, erfolgreiches 2021!

Liebe Grüsse Röbi

EDIT by admin (Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version))

I am writing in German on purpose. I did two flights today and everything worked down to the last detail. I had many, many problems until it worked.
I still have wishes and the first is a scenery from Birrfeld. Flylogic will deliver one sometime. Then my wishes are fulfilled. I have been there many times and I'm living 2 km away from there as the crow flies. I fly jets only due to the weather.

Now to the essentials: I would like to thank you and wish you and your families a happy new year and a healthy, successful 2021!

Hi guys and happy new year!

Today I performed my 1st flight with a320n flybywire in fs2020 and efb2 (fsuipc 7.0.2 free version).

When I set SID or STAR in EFB it modified my MCDU in the aircraft too. Is it a new feature? Is it possible to disable it?

Maybe I could like if my entries in mcdu take effect in EFB but not viceversa.

Can you help me?

Best regards

Fabrizio

1 hour ago, klisura said:

Hi guys and happy new year!

Today I performed my 1st flight with a320n flybywire in fs2020 and efb2 (fsuipc 7.0.2 free version).

When I set SID or STAR in EFB it modified my MCDU in the aircraft too. Is it a new feature? Is it possible to disable it?

Maybe I could like if my entries in mcdu take effect in EFB but not viceversa.

Can you help me?

Best regards

Fabrizio

Hi Fabrizio,

The basic flightplan is transferred into the MCDU, whenever an action is done in EFB. This system is equal to what has been used throughout FSX/P3D. SIDs and STARs are transferred into the MCDU, but only for Autopilot Navigation, not for display. I'm using the A320neo flybywire mod extensively. One thing should however be observed: SID's and STARs should NOT be entered into the MCDU. Only the ones provided by EFB should be used. Using procedures simultaneously in the MCDU and EFB can lead to navigation errors. SID's and STARs DO NOT Show up in the Airbus' ND, nevertheless they are accurately followed biy the 'Bus in NAV mode. MSFS obviously uses two different data layers for the ND and the Autopilot. We have no influence on that setup. What I can say from my own experience (>20 flights) is that tue 'Bus follows the route displayed in EFB accurately. Whenever an ILS is used, the frequency must be manually entered into the MCDU's RAD NAV page. That's all we can say about this kind of operation.

But I have never experienced flight plan transfert from efb to Aerosoft A320 in P3d.

I'd like to continue to program my mcdu and have no influence in EFB and viceversa. I use to set first mcdu and then set the same settings in efb.

If I set a DIR TO in my mcdu then I go to my efb and set the same.

Now in FS2020 is it different?

1 hour ago, klisura said:

But I have never experienced flight plan transfert from efb to Aerosoft A320 in P3d.

No, this feature is for default nav systems only such as the default GPS in FSX or P3D. To avoid data transfer uncheck the "Forward flight plans to default GPS" checkmark in the Aircraft's Options tab. It's all written in the manuals.

47 minutes ago, lonewulf47 said:

No, this feature is for default nav systems only such as the default GPS in FSX or P3D. To avoid data transfer uncheck the "Forward flight plans to default GPS" checkmark in the Aircraft's Options tab. It's all written in the manuals.

Thank you very much lonewulf

I just updated to 2.2 and found the new "Terrain Mode" Function.

Since that was on top of my wishlist I would like to specifically thank you for this. Well done... 

I could convince some of my guys in my VA to switch to EFB2 and they love it...

Keep up the good work !!