MSFS Integration / Bug reports / Discussion

aivlasoft

I ran into a strange issue this evening that I've never had before. Was flying the Bonanza G36 from KCMA to KSAN. Been flying all day without any issues until after installing the beta update. The flight lasted about 1.25 hrs; however, as the flight progressed I noticed that my frames began to drop. When landing at KSAN, my frames had gone from 60+ to less than 15. 

At first I thought this was maybe a bug with the mods I had installed. So I uninstalled the mods and ran vanilla. I completed the same flight and found yet again, when I used the EFB to import my flight plan, the frames started to drop after about 20 minutes.

Lastly, I did a third flight without using EFB at all and noticed my frames stayed around 50-60. So I'm wondering if there is something that it doesn't like when creating your FP in the EFB and it merges over to the G1000. I didn't try any other aircraft... only the Bonanza. 

My flow: Started sim. On the main menu, opened the server followed by the client. Created my FP in the EFB and it merged over to the G1000 without any issues. I'm definitely not limited by hardware (See below).

My setup: Intel i9 9900k 5GHz - NZXT Kraken x72 cooler w/ 3x120mm fans on the radiator - ASUS Maximus Hero XI -32GB Trident Z 3200MHz - ASUS ROG Strix 2080ti OC 11GB - NZXT H710i Case -Corsair HX750 PSU

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

15 hours ago, lonewulf47 said:

With the newest version of FSUIPC7 you should be able to start EFB before launching the Sim. I have tried many times and it should be ok.

Hi

Thanks for the answer. I downloaded a new copy of DSUIPC but it is still the same version 7.0.0b

I also upgraded the sim to 1.9.5.0

Still the same. It hangs on "Applying Profile". (this is the last plane I used, but it did the same on the default profile the first time)

2020-10-14_10h18_58.jpg

34 minutes ago, DuvalM said:

Hi

Thanks for the answer. I downloaded a new copy of DSUIPC but it is still the same version 7.0.0b

I also upgraded the sim to 1.9.5.0

Still the same. It hangs on "Applying Profile". (this is the last plane I used, but it did the same on the default profile the first time)

Just one more question: at what point do you start FSUIPC7? I have seen the same at earlier versions, however for quite some time I use the start sequence: FSUIPC - EFB Server - EFB Client - Simulator - GoFlight without any problems. It may also be dependend on the installation location. As the installation location for FSUIPC7 is free, it should at no time be installed into the simulator path.

BTW, on the Dowson's webpage it is clearly mentioned that there will be no change in the version numbering during Beta. There will be an announcement only whenever a new version is available.

1 hour ago, aivlasoft said:

@DuvalM Did you download and install the latest pre-release for both Client and Server?

Hi,

It is difficult to tell as I cannot see the timestamp on the files, but I just downloaded a version from a most made on Monday and on the first load it worked.

2 hours ago, lonewulf47 said:

Just one more question: at what point do you start FSUIPC7? I have seen the same at earlier versions, however for quite some time I use the start sequence: FSUIPC - EFB Server - EFB Client - Simulator - GoFlight without any problems. It may also be dependend on the installation location. As the installation location for FSUIPC7 is free, it should at no time be installed into the simulator path.

BTW, on the Dowson's webpage it is clearly mentioned that there will be no change in the version numbering during Beta. There will be an announcement only whenever a new version is available.

I start FSUIPC before anything else to be sure.

Anyway, going half blind on the versions for both products, I installed what I think is the latest versions and on the first load, it worked.

I then shut down everything and restarted it all and it worked again.

It seems resolved to me.

Thanks for the fast help.

On 10/13/2020 at 2:41 PM, Sparrawk said:

To All,

The MSFS Steam version is on my F:\ disk. 

So this path works fine for me:

F:\users\MyName\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft Flight Simulator\Package\Official\Steam

Grtz. Sparrawk

Thank You - that was the trick I got my DbBuilder to work!

Rolf

10 hours ago, Chase said:

I ran into a strange issue this evening that I've never had before. Was flying the Bonanza G36 from KCMA to KSAN. Been flying all day without any issues until after installing the beta update. The flight lasted about 1.25 hrs; however, as the flight progressed I noticed that my frames began to drop. When landing at KSAN, my frames had gone from 60+ to less than 15. 

No idea whether this could also be an aircraft specific issue. I'm presently running a flight for 2hrs+ with the TBM930 (IMHO the only almost unlimited flyable A/C of MSFS) without any FPS drops, while using all the available trimmings (EFB2, FSUIPC7, MSFS, GoFlight Module). all running on a networked system with EFB2 Client on a second computer.

Hi Oscar

I also suffert this FPS drop with the A320neo flying from Zurich to Lisbon, just about half an hour before landing. Today I made the same flight today (real weather / FSUIPC / EFB2 client also networked on a laptop) and the FPS remaining stable. What I did before the flight, I took back my graphic settings so that the GPU never was more than ca 80% of use. I do not know why, but it worked.

Peter

Do you know a possibilty to direcly export a flightplan from EFB2 to the MCDU/FMC of the A320neo in MFS?

Peter

9 hours ago, petermaxkoller said:

Do you know a possibilty to direcly export a flightplan from EFB2 to the MCDU/FMC of the A320neo in MFS?

Peter

Hi Peter,

There is nothing specific that you have to do. All MSFS aircraft are behaving as default aircraft, i.e. whatever flightplan you prepare in EFB2, they will automatically be transferred into the default FMS, provided the respective field "forward flight plan to default GPS" is ticked in the Aircrafts profile "Options" Tab. The A320Neo is no exception to that rule. It will fly exactly the route prepared in EFB2 with SIDs, STARs and Procedures. So far the goos news. The "FMGC" of the A320Neo is nothing but default as well.

Now the main restrictions to that use:

- do NOT transfer any flightplan into the aircrafts "FMGC" (load plan function in the GUI)

- to make sure the flightplan is properly transferred, be sure that you make the last modifications (eg. entering the STAR or similar) when the aircraft is fully loaded. It is not yet known, at which point the automatic flightplan transfer is triggered.

- You will NOT see all waypoints in the "FMGC"

- you will not see any waypoints in the MSFS Flight Log
- You will NOT see the complete routing in the NAV display

- as long as you enter all procdedures in EFB2, they will be exactly followed when flying in NAV mode
- do NOT add any procedures in the "FMGC" flight plan, as a mix of these two entries will most probably destroy the internal FMS flighplan

- tracking of the flight plan can only be properly followed on the EFB2 Client display

- one exception to that rule: if the flight ends with an ILS, you need to enter this final approach into the "FMGC". Otherwise the autotuning of the ILS will not work, and no ILS tuning is possible via EFB2's standard "Radio" procedure

Those last limitations are not tested yet. I have only done one flight to verify proper default flight plan transfer into the A320Neo. You will certainly understand that after several thousand real life flight hours in real Airbuses, I will barely touch this "MSFS A320-derivative" ever again 😀. So far I have only found the TBM930 to be  somehow satisfactory with regard of cruise performance and flying accuracy.

All the above procedures/restrictions also apply for the default FMS in the G1000/3000 displays. Auto-GoArund and Z-Flightplans work in the same manner.

Hello,

if anyone is else having trouble building the database using MFS2020 the store edition, if you have the aircraft livery pack installed in your community folder, you have to unzip the files with winrar. I don't know why but 7zip does not work. The liveries would install but for some reason it messes with the database builder.

On 10/10/2020 at 11:07 PM, Charles Tucker said:

Hi there,

I have the same 2 errors despite the fact that my installation is the standard Microsoft store installation.

The UserCfg.opt file mentioned is in: AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache,

the database builder defaults to: AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache\Packages.

I have tried both paths and I get errors with both.

Error   : The specified path, file name, or both are too long. The fully qualified file name must be less than 260 characters, and the directory name must be less than 248 characters.     at System.IO.Path.LegacyNormalizePath(String path, Boolean fullCheck, Int32 maxPathLength, Boolean expandShortPaths)   at System.IO.Path.InternalGetDirectoryName(String path)   at System.IO.FileSystemEnumerableIterator`1..ctor(String path, String originalUserPath, String searchPattern........

and 

Error   : Could not find file 'C:\Users\simon\Documents\AivlaSoft\EFB2\Server\DbBuilder\Base\Mfs\comservices.bin'.     at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)   at System.IO.File.InternalCopy(String sourceFileName, String destFileName, Boolean overwrite, Boolean checkHost)   at f.f.z.p.f(SimulatorTypes A_0, NavdataTypes A_1, String A_2)

Hello,

if anyone is else having trouble building the database using MFS2020 the store edition, if you have the aircraft livery pack installed in your community folder, you have to unzip the files with winrar. I don't know why but 7zip does not work. The liveries would install but for some reason it messes with the database builder.

This is fixed for me. Thanks for every suggestion.

5 hours ago, Airman05 said:

I am using the STORE Version of MSFS (Latest Patch) and I have very often a terrain display like you see in the attached image. Is there something I can do about it?

Thanks and btw outstanding work so far..

Hi Henri,

There is nothing wrong with this display. Terrain is displayed in a 50NM radius around the active airports at a zoom level below 40NM. The actual zoom level is defined by your settings in the aircraft's profile. If you fly low level and have the landing airport activated so early, it will exactly look that way. While the first two figures (50NM radius below 40NM zoom level) are fixed values, the activation distance and the auto zoom level during flight are custom settings for each aircraft, to be defined in the respective profile. Refer also to the respective information in the manual.

2 hours ago, Airman05 said:

I am confused, are there any later files than 120.0 ? 

Please read the latest announcement here (particularly the second para): https://forum.aivlasoft.com/topic/4655-microsoft-flight-simulator-mfs-integration/ There will be updates published, defined by the time stamp. the version number will NOT change. Make sure that you always have the newest update installed. No harm will be done if you install the same update multiple times.

35 minutes ago, lonewulf47 said:

Hi ??? (please observe the Forum Rules and sign your post with your real name)

OK, found out how to do this, sorry for that.

35 minutes ago, lonewulf47 said:

There is nothing wrong with this display. Terrain is displayed in a 50NM radius around the active airports at a zoom level below 40NM. The actual zoom level is defined by your settings in the aircraft's profile. If you fly low level and have the landing airport activated so early, it will exactly look that way. While the first two figures (50NM radius below 40NM zoom level) are fixed values, the activation distance and the auto zoom level during flight are custom settings for each aircraft, to be defined in the respective profile. Refer also to the respective information in the manual.

Hmm, this is too bad, then EFB is pretty much sub-optimal for VFR planing /  flying, especially in the Alps and other mountains. Is it not possible to show the complete terrain on the complete map if within that certain zoom level? 

I actually like how detailed the terrain is shown (within the circle), and I am sure, that others would love too that the terrain is shown on the entire map (within the 40nm zoom level)

3 hours ago, Airman05 said:

Hmm, this is too bad, then EFB is pretty much sub-optimal for VFR planing /  flying, especially in the Alps and other mountains. Is it not possible to show the complete terrain on the complete map if within that certain zoom level? 

In the first place EFBv2 is an IFR tool. Therefore you don't need to see terrain information unless you are going to land into the active airport.

Depicting terrain data is using a lot of CPU time and therefore it is restricted to this 50 NM radius.

3 hours ago, Airman05 said:

OK, found out how to do this, sorry for that.

I actually like how detailed the terrain is shown (within the circle), and I am sure, that others would love too that the terrain is shown on the entire map (within the 40nm zoom level)

It seems that you didn't understand the things that I explained. If you reduce the activation distance for your landing airport, then you will have the terrain depicted around the closest airport as usual. This is up to you. If you're flying VFR low level you don't need the landing airport to be activated more than 20-30NM ahead. In your screenshot you are obviously using around 80NM. As Urs explained already, EFB2 is primarily an IFR tool and the aircraft profiles have a default setting which reflects those needs. In an IFR lfight you will cruise at a higher altitude, thus the terrain depiction is inhibited anyway. During descent for landing the autozoom will reduce the zoom level and when closer to the ground the terrain will show up. That's the way it has been all the time. This is not an MSFS complaint and therfore does not belong here. Changing the aircraft profile for your VFR needs is up to you. Please don't blame EFB for your inadequate profile settings.

6 hours ago, lonewulf47 said:
It seems that you didn't understand the things that I explained

I think that I did understand perfectly, what you said. Forgive me for not being the expert in EFB2 yet, since I bought the app just some days ago.

As Urs explained already, EFB2 is primarily an IFR tool

Well, then maybe it would be better to mention that in the description of EFB2.

Even in all the relevant screenshots on the site terrain is displayed on the complete map, so I had the impression, that this is normal display, and since I am a Newbie in EFB2, I am still learning.

This is not an MSFS complaint and therfore does not belong here. 

Since I am on MSFS and I really thought, that it was a bug, that the terrain was not shown in the complete map display (as it is in the screenshots on the site), forgive me again.

Please don't blame EFB for your inadequate profile settings.

I do not blame EFB2 for whatever, since I was just trying to be helpful and then expressed my disappointment that it is "meant to be like this", but was it really necessary to address a 62 year old PPL-A pilot like this? Well...

Thank you

P.S.: I really love EFB2 and I am still learning a lot every day. Still I should be able to say, if I don't like things...

Just now, Airman05 said:

I do not blame EFB2 for whatever, since I was just trying to be helpful and then expressed my disappointment that it is "meant to be like this", but was it really necessary to address a 62 year old PPL-A pilot like this? Well...

Well, maybe a 73 year old ex-airline pilot may be allowed to do so...😀

Of course you are allowed to address things that you don't like. However you will certainly also understand that if those things can be corrected by applying changes described in the manual, they become a bit different...