MSFS Integration / Bug reports / Discussion

aivlasoft

I must add my thanks for making the EFB compatible for MSFS, I’m totally lost, literally, without it.  I do have one question: I’m try to make a profile for Carenado Mooney Ovation (M20R), I know how to add profiles, but in this case I cannot find the necessary *.air file.  Clearly not a big issue, but any guidance would be very much appreciate.  Once again thanks so much for your continued support for our community and for your brilliant EFB.

Steve Prowse

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Steve,

thanks for your good words on EFB.

In MSFS many things have changed. There is no *.air file anymore. Instead of the name of the *.air file it should be the ICAO type designator. Currently the ICAO page 8643 seems to be unavailable due to a technical issue but most probably the code is M20R. But to be honest, I don't know whether this Carenado aircraft will provide the ICAO code properly. I don't like to advise "just try it" but for this I simply don't know another way.

31 minutes ago, sprowse said:

I must add my thanks for making the EFB compatible for MSFS, I’m totally lost, literally, without it.  I do have one question: I’m try to make a profile for Carenado Mooney Ovation (M20R), I know how to add profiles, but in this case I cannot find the necessary *.air file.  Clearly not a big issue, but any guidance would be very much appreciate.  Once again thanks so much for your continued support for our community and for your brilliant EFB.

Steve Prowse

Usually MSFS uses the official ICAO Code. This would be m20p for the Mooney Ovation (observe no capital letters required in EFB profiles). Alternatively you could have a look at the aircraft.cfg. It should have an entry "icao_type_designator = "XXXX".

1 hour ago, Guenseli said:

The official one from Microsoft is "MSFS" ... I do not want to be too picky, but in Germany we connect the abbreviation MFS with "Ministerium für Staatssicherheit" of the DDR, which will awake some very bad memories for some ;)

I know, that makes it so easy to call the new Simulator STAndard SImulator. Nevertheless it must also be said that at the very beginning it was pointed out that the official abbreviation would be MFS and alternatively MSFS. But we will of course be polite to our German neighbours...😇

27 minutes ago, lonewulf47 said:

Alternatively you could have a look at the aircraft.cfg. It should have an entry "icao_type_designator = "XXXX".

Unfortunately the aircraft.cfg (Cfg.fsarchive) is an encrypted file now for aircraft sold on the marketplace or for the aircraft in the above standard version. 

I have a feeling Carenado may have this wrong and called it m20r. Give both a try it should show up when you get it correct. 

28 minutes ago, ronprice46 said:

For the ones having issues making the data base i found out you need to look for the Packages folder and select that but dont open it. 

Yes, correct, however for Steam users there is another problem within the \Official folder as the next sub-path is \Steam iso \OneStore. This will be corrected with the next update.

40 minutes ago, Andydigital said:

Unfortunately the aircraft.cfg (Cfg.fsarchive) is an encrypted file now for aircraft sold on the marketplace or for the aircraft in the above standard version. 

I have a feeling Carenado may have this wrong and called it m20r. Give both a try it should show up when you get it correct. 

If there is an aircraft.cfg, EFB2 will use the entry there. Some (only some basic default A/C I guess) do not have an aircraft.cfg but a Cfg.fsarchive. EFB2 then uses an alternative method to retrieve the code.

2 hours ago, aivlasoft said:

Hi Steve,

thanks for your good words on EFB.

In MSFS many things have changed. There is no *.air file anymore. Instead of the name of the *.air file it should be the ICAO type designator. Currently the ICAO page 8643 seems to be unavailable due to a technical issue but most probably the code is M20R. But to be honest, I don't know whether this Carenado aircraft will provide the ICAO code properly. I don't like to advise "just try it" but for this I simply don't know another way.

Thanks guys for all the help, I've now tried a few variations of m20p, m20r, m20p ovation etc but to date no joy.  Anyhow I've asked Carenado what code they used.

Thanks again 

58 minutes ago, sprowse said:

Thanks guys for all the help, I've now tried a few variations of m20p, m20r, m20p ovation etc but to date no joy.  Anyhow I've asked Carenado what code they used.

Thanks again 

Did you check the aircraft.cfg? There should be an entry for the ICAO Code. The aircraft.cft can be found in the following path (this example for the A320Neo😞

...\asobo-aircraft-a320-neo\SimObjects\AirPlanes\Asobo_A320_NEO. Within the aircraft.cfg it's the line: "icao_type_designator = "A20N"

19 hours ago, lonewulf47 said:

Gentlemen, before running the DbBuilder, you need to manually select the proper path for the Simulator. That's true for every installation.

I just do it, and my version is the MSFS Microsoft Site purchase, but i receive 2 errors due to a"too long name or too long place" as per attachet log file.

dbBuilderLogfile.txt

34 minutes ago, Andydigital said:

Just had a look at it now in little navmap and it looks like they just called it "ovation".

Yes, I just found out something similar on the trial-and-error method. I started with some names followed by the asterisk "*" and ended up by seeing that "ovation*" finally worked. So i'll give it a try without the asterisk 😀

1 hour ago, Andydigital said:

Just had a look at it now in little navmap and it looks like they just called it "ovation".

Thanks Andy “ovation” did the trick, you saved me a lot of restarts , so once again many thanks for your help.

stay safe one and all

steve

36 minutes ago, Brit128 said:

I tried this path C:\Users\NAME\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft Flight Simulator

But still comes up with error when trying to build it.

Well, in this path you will certainly not find the airport database. What installation do you have? MS Store Download? If it does not find the path automatically, you have to point to the folder containing the \Community and the \Official folders. Tha path you mentioned is created by some installers to place documents in. For a default installation the path for the database is usually: "C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache\Packages". But as mentioned this is only for a standard installation of MS Store download version.