MSFS Integration / Bug reports / Discussion

aivlasoft

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello,

The version of Aivlasfolt is only available for Windows Edition?

I have this error:

image.thumb.png.c2761771cb7e02fd36a22b98734e6f03.png

My path is D:\Microsoft Flight Simulator\Packages\Official\Steam\fs-base and not D:\Microsoft Flight Simulator\Packages\Official\onestore\fs-base

6 minutes ago, Harry06_ said:

Hello,

The version of Aivlasfolt is only available for Windows Edition?

I have this error:

image.thumb.png.c2761771cb7e02fd36a22b98734e6f03.png

My path is D:\Microsoft Flight Simulator\Packages\Official\Steam\fs-base and not D:\Microsoft Flight Simulator\Packages\Official\onestore\fs-base

I have the same problem.

Hello,

i have a other issue with the Microsoft Store product.

977432485_2020-10-0918_49_14-Databasecreation.thumb.png.7d45864934d00b0d5e9f0d929fc2a9f9.png

this is my FILE-PATH " D:\WpSystem\S-1-5-21-1529050574-7739771-3756827710-1001\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache\Packages "

Hi Andy,

That indeed sounds a bit weird. Yo you are telling me, that even in the \Official path there is a sub-path \steam? Does that mean that all packages (.i.e. Default Aircraft, default Airports etc) are in that sub-path? And the path for the \Community folder would then be  H:\MSFS\Community ? So it seems that the "normal" \OneStore path is replaced by \Steam ? Can you confirm?

This might indeed need some modifications to the installer. So far we haven't been aware of that...

13 minutes ago, lonewulf47 said:

Hi Andy,

That indeed sounds a bit weird. Yo you are telling me, that even in the \Official path there is a sub-path \steam? Does that mean that all packages (.i.e. Default Aircraft, default Airports etc) are in that sub-path? And the path for the \Community folder would then be  H:\MSFS\Community ? So it seems that the "normal" \OneStore path is replaced by \Steam ? Can you confirm?

This might indeed need some modifications to the installer. So far we haven't been aware of that...

Here is a Screenshot of what it looks like for the Steam version:

1610178457_Screenshot2020-10-09203616.thumb.png.5019ba1b555df179596238df6b32bd40.png

5 minutes ago, Andydigital said:

Yes that is correct on all counts, there is no onestore folder on a steam install, it's called steam instead.

Ok, that will - as it seems - call for an update to the present installer. Do you have any idea whether there might be a third notation for the boxed version? It seems that we need to be prepared for everything...

Hello I found the right folder: it must be the folder conatining the "Official" folder: For me:

E:\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator\LocalCache\Packages

Don't go further and it works, find the correct one if you use Steam

Regards

14 minutes ago, Andydigital said:

If you can get someone with the boxed version to enable the Developer mode and then look in the virtual file system, they should be able to find their community folder etc in there. I'll keep looking though.

Well, that will obvioulsy be the main problem. To-date I'm not aware of anyone using the Boxed Version. But maybe some further investigation may reveal the missing information. Thanks for your efforts anyway, Andy!

Hi Andy,

Thanks very much for your valued help!

To find an initial path, EFB is looking for the file 'UserCfg.opt'. For the MS Store version the path to this file is: %LOCALAPPDATA%\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache

This file contains a line starting with "InstalledPackagesPath". At least for the 'MS Store (download)' version this points to the installation folder of MFS. Could you please check whether there is a similar information for the Steam version? Thanks.

Good morning Andy,

thank you for your reply.

Is the 'UserCfg.opt' also located in the folder "%LOCALAPPDATA%\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache"?

11 hours ago, Andydigital said:

OK according to the Spad.neXt dev its %LOCALAPPDATA%\MSFSPackages for the boxed version.

Is there really a folder called 'MSFSPackages' and not just 'Packages'?

Hello Urs,

many thx that we have EFB now in the MSFS also!

I'm still installing, but a first little, very tiny bug has cought my attention:

During the installation there is a question for what sim it should be installed, and the abbreviation in EFB2 is currently "MFS"

The official one from Microsoft is "MSFS" ... I do not want to be too picky, but in Germany we connect the abbreviation MFS with "Ministerium für Staatssicherheit" of the DDR, which will awake some very bad memories for some ;)

thx

7 minutes ago, aivlasoft said:

Is there really a folder called 'MSFSPackages' and not just 'Packages'?

According to Ulrich yes that is so for the boxed version.

7 minutes ago, aivlasoft said:

Is the 'UserCfg.opt' also located in the folder "%LOCALAPPDATA%\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache"?

No for steam it is located at  C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft Flight Simulator.

Like I said it's great fun for developers of MSFS products lol.