MSFS Integration / Bug reports / Discussion

aivlasoft

Hi Jordaan,

I'm afraid I know what went wrong with your database. I take it that you use the Navigraph (beta) database and might have updated it for the most recent AIRAC Cycle 2012.

The thing is - and I presume that this went a bit unnoticed - that for this Navigraph database - once you have created a MSFS database - you don't run the "update navdata" function but the "update simulator" function for an AIRAC cycle update. The reason is that this Navigraph database is handled the same way as an AddOn, thus to use the updated AIRAC cycle you have to run it the same was as if you hat added a new AddOn airport. it is mentioned in the "https://forum.aivlasoft.com/topic/4655-microsoft-flight-simulator-msfs-integration/ thread, however we might need to point out this difference a bit more clearly.

So, as a conclusion, just run the "update simulator" each time you install a new AIRAC cycle as if you had added/updated an airport and you're done.

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, lonewulf47 said:

I'm afraid I know what went wrong with your database. I take it that you use the Navigraph (beta) database and might have updated it for the most recent AIRAC Cycle 2012.

Hi Oskar ... thank you so much for the clarification. I've updated the sim last night to the latest version, is there any other way to 'update simulator' if there is no official update for FS2020 ...?

In the meantime I will uninstall the Navigraph app and reinstall maybe it will then be the latest version.

Thanks for your help.

Regards

Terblanche

13 minutes ago, Terblanche said:

Hi Oskar ... thank you so much for the clarification. I've updated the sim last night to the latest version, is there any other way to 'update simulator' if there is no official update for FS2020 ...?

Not sure what you mean. "Update simulator" just means that you run the DbBuilder to read the latest data packages, whatever is within the two folders \Community and \Official. Whenever something has changed within those tow folder, an "Update Simulator" must be run to reflect the latest changes. This is to read all data from MSFS. On the other hand you have the "Update Navdata", which updates the EFB's Navdata if you have a new AIRAC cycle installed (in EFB). The Navigraph Database is a very special issue within the whole complex of EFB/MSFS, because due to the nature of MSFS' packages system you need to treat it like any other AddOn and NOT like a database.

The Navigraph update service should provide you with the lastest (beta) AIRAC cycle 2012. It will replace the old database in the \Community folder.

2 minutes ago, lonewulf47 said:

The Navigraph update service should provide you with the lastest (beta) AIRAC cycle 2012. It will replace the old database in the \Community folder.

Got it. Will uninstall and reinstall Navigraph and then update EFB2 DbBuilder and then take the sim for a spin to see if everything displays as it should.

Hello, I have this error message since a couple of days, is the problem on my side or what can I do? I have the latest (4th November) version of the server/client. The thing is, that everytime this error happens, the server screen pops up to the front overlapping the client window. Thank you

2020-11-20 00_05_10-AivlaSoft EFB Server.png

2 hours ago, Airman05 said:

oh, I did not see this. Thank you very much.

Yes, but be aware that the information in this link applies for an ActiveSky installation for P3DV4 or 5. For MSFS you need NOAA atm.

You might of course also try the following and it should work as an alternative source:

- Enter the location for ActiveSky into the MSFS field identical to any other simulator (in this example I used the ActiveSky for X-Plane)

AS_01.png.653d1ce54943df9f591aba16dfdcc72a.png

- select under "settings" ActiveSky as your weather source

- run the respective ActiveSky program along with MSFS

Just be aware that also this method only injects weather into EFB2. MSFS weather is still supplied by MeteoBLUE.

Hello Oskar

All I wanted to do is adding a profile to an aircraft mod (Longitude). I created one out of the existing, added the suffix Fix to to the "Shown as" and saved it under a different file name. It worked once, but by trying to do another flight EFB2 always loads default profile. I did some more efforts with no luck. So I restored a backup of the whole EFB folder. Bevore I start all over again I'd like to ask you if I did anything wrong and if so, what. Your help would be much appreciated.

serverLogfile.txt

2 hours ago, Robsi60 said:

Hello Oskar

All I wanted to do is adding a profile to an aircraft mod (Longitude). I created one out of the existing, added the suffix Fix to to the "Shown as" and saved it under a different file name. It worked once, but by trying to do another flight EFB2 always loads default profile. I did some more efforts with no luck. So I restored a backup of the whole EFB folder. Bevore I start all over again I'd like to ask you if I did anything wrong and if so, what. Your help would be much appreciated.

Hi ??? (Please sign your posts with your real name according to our forum rules)

The logfile does not give any clue as to why the default profile is being loaded. Please submit your modified profile for the Cessna Longitude. There must be somthing wrong in that profile.

7 hours ago, lonewulf47 said:

Hi ??? (Please sign your posts with your real name according to our forum rules)

The logfile does not give any clue as to why the default profile is being loaded. Please submit your modified profile for the Cessna Longitude. There must be somthing wrong in that profile.

Hi Oskar
I think it has something to do with the airfile name.
Regards Robert

serverLogfile.txt Longitude Fix.profile.xml

Hi Robert,

Could you please also sent the respective clientLogfile? Nevertheless it looks a bit strange to me that the modification of the Longitude ist properly recognized by the default profile, but not by the modifies profile, although the latter also contains the proper airfile name "c700"...? Can you confirm that the Longitude Mod is really recognized by the default profile?

To anwer your second question: the air file name is usually found in the aircraft.cfg under the entry: "icao_type_designator =". In some default A/C however the aircraft.cfg is key-coded as "Cfg.fsarchive" and thus not readable anymore for us. In this case we have no other chance than to make the "best guess" and use the "try-and-err" method...

23 minutes ago, lonewulf47 said:

To anwer your second question: the air file name is usually found in the aircraft.cfg under the entry: "icao_type_designator =". In some default A/C however the aircraft.cfg is key-coded as "Cfg.fsarchive" and thus not readable anymore for us. In this case we have no other chance than to make the "best guess" and use the "try-and-err" method...

Thanks Oskar. It was the air file. Now it recognizes the aircraft. I could read it in the aircraft config of the mod - luckyly.
Regards Robert

35 minutes ago, Robsi60 said:

Thanks Oskar. It was the air file. Now it recognizes the aircraft. I could read it in the aircraft config of the mod - luckyly.
Regards Robert

Hi Robert,

Sounds great! And what do they use as "icao_type_designator" in their mod? Might be interesting for other users as well...😀

3 minutes ago, lonewulf47 said:

Hi Robert,

Sounds great! And what do they use as "icao_type_designator" in their mod? Might be interesting for other users as well...😀

"Longitude". If someone wants to fly a more or less decent Longitude if one owns the delux version of the sim I recommend a go at https://flightsim.to/file/3655/asobo-cessna-citation-longitude-flight-dynamics-modifications-project-version-1-0#

Regards, Robert

• 4 weeks later...

Hi, am having an issue with the latest MSFS Navigraph Beta update with the latest Airac cycle - 2013/1. ILS approaches are not located. Prior to updating, all was ok with Avialsoft and the previous Navigraph beta.

I uninstalled the previous Beta from Community Folder and then completely unistalled the Beta program. Re-downloaded the latest (Navigraph beta 1.0.0-beta.19) and installed the Airac Cycle 2013 Rev.4.

I run the DB builder updating the 'Update Simulator' (not Navdata, although I did that as well later to see if that has any effect).

Open a flightplan in Avialsoft and all Localisers are missing with '! No Loc available' displaying in Arrival/Procedures.

Have rerun this a few times, rebooted etc and still the same.

If I remove the Navigraph Beta and rebuild - then all OK, but presumably it's not using the Navigraph data.

I'm presuming this is a Navigraph Beta issue, and will raise there, but intrigued if anyone else here has experienced this when using the latest Navigraph Beta & Avialsoft EFB? Any tips or something I've missed?

Thanks

John Turp

47 minutes ago, Jayteauk said:

I'm presuming this is a Navigraph Beta issue, and will raise there, but intrigued if anyone else here has experienced this when using the latest Navigraph Beta & Avialsoft EFB? Any tips or something I've missed?

Thanks

John Turp

Hi John,

I'm still using the package version 0.1.408 (as per manifest.json) and do not have the problems you describe. I must also add that I'm very hesitant to update a normally working cycle so this might be the problem with this newest beta-release.

We will have to check what kind of surprise Navigraph has come up with. We do not get any infomation from them, unfortunately.

Thanks Oskar, no joy on the Navigraph Beta forum - asked if they had an old installer for previous cycle. The reply was a 'no', so i'll just uninstall navigraph beta for now. Looks like they had a bunch of issues with this latest beta and presumably fixing those has screwed something.

John