aivlasoft

EFB version 2.0 status

Hi all,

this is a rough overview of the current status of development for version 2.0:

- Supports FSX, FS9, P3D

- Interface to the simulators will be FSUIPC (no longer SimConnect)

- DataProvider (new name DataServer) is 98% finished

- DisplayUnit is 60 - 70% finished

- Beta tests has not yet started

- Still a lot of features to program and even more to test

- Entire documentation must be written

- Installer must be programmed

- Tutorial must be written, videos must be produced

From the today's point of view I doubt whether it will be released this year

1. I'm curious, do you do this in your spare time or is it a full time profession?

2. Are you considering offering this as a free update to previous owners or as a reduced fee update?

Thanks,

Toby

Hi Toby,

I'm working on EFB since more than five years (more or less 7 days a week and 10 to 12 hours a day). Currently I'm taking a break since my batteries are a bit too low powered in the meantime ... :shock:

Version 2 is a completely re-write of the code base with new features, a new and redesigned user interface and much more. Therefore it will not be a free update. Existing users will get a discount on the retail price. Currently no price is defined and also no discount.

Thanks for the update Urs, I'm really looking forward to it whenever it's finished.

I would consider EFB one of my absolute favourite addons and now being used to it I wouldn't fly without it !!

Version 2 is a completely re-write of the code base with new features, a new and redesigned user interface and much more. Therefore it will not be a free update. Existing users will get a discount on the retail price. Currently no price is defined and also no discount.

Urs, I am sure the majority of the existing users appreciate what's going on behind the scenes and, I for one, will be more than happy to part with some cash, as the only possible token of appreciation for the time you are dedicating to what is being (for me at least) a much anticipated upgrade of an add-on I could not live without during sim-flying :D

Yes, EFB is a very professional add-on for FSX... and with luck, for other flight simulations in the future. :)

Let's hope so, Travis ;)

Hoi Urs,

Nice to read all about the new version 2.0.

A lot of work. It's a nice and great programme. It gives me nice support for planning a lot of flights.

Do you thing that there is/comes also a solution for the crash with the name:

HRESULT: 0xC000014B

Thanks in advance.

Henk Scheffer :D

Hi Henk,

I just added two more lines to my post at the top of this page. The second one is interesting to read as an "answer" to your question.

Salut Urs,

[...] Interface to the simulators will be FSUIPC (no longer SimConnect) Fine ! but what kind of FSUIPC ? registered version or not ?

What about WIDEFS, required or not ?

Just hope your batteries are now at high-level...

Bon courage pour la suite.

Cordialement

Salut Jean-Louis,

the batteries are reloaded at around 80-90% ;-)

what kind of FSUIPC ? registered version or not ?
Unregistered version

WIDEFS, required or not
Not required

Hi Urs,

Although you say WideFS is not required I hope EFB can be run via WideFS on a separate PC? That will be how I wish to run it once I have FSX installed.

EFB 1 comes with its own networking solution to link the machines together, Urs certainly isn't going to remove features when he moves to version 2, don't worry.

Ray, is that a photo of you as your Avsim avatar??? It reminds me of the Scottish gentleman who came to New Tricks last season. (This is intended as a compliment, btw. I do not know the actor otherwise....)

Hi Travis,

Yes, that's me. :) I haven't been compared to Denis Lawson before. I can see a slight resemblance. In my younger days I was told I looked like Ian Rush (Liverpool footballer in the 80s) and more recently Father Ted! :lol:

Thank Ur- interest only at moment for P3D V2 - have run 1.4 but now waiting to see what 2.0 brings - mind you running well on fsx at moment - keeping fingers crossed, Cheers, Mike