Aivlasoft EFB Simconnect issues with the PMDG NGX?

Just wondering if anyone else is seeing issues when using EFB on a secondary PC and flying the NGX?

I'm not seeing any other AI/VATSIM traffic displayed on EFB when using the NGX. Using any other aircraft, traffic is displayed fine. I get the following error in the EFB logfile:

2011-08-11 21:17:46,868 [1] ERROR AivlaSoft.Efb.DataProvider [(null)] - Exception from FSX received: TOO_MANY_REQUESTS

2011-08-11 21:17:46,868 [1] ERROR AivlaSoft.Efb.DataProvider [(null)] - Exception from FSX received: TOO_MANY_REQUESTS (repeated ...)

Just to confirm, I do see traffic outside of the cockpit when this happens.

Thanks!

Hi Todd,

We are aware of the problem and a new servicepack has been created which solves this problem. It's presently being checked by the beta testers and the version will be released very soon.

Thanks,

Jack

Great! Thanks Jack.

At first, I too did not see any traffic w/sp4 and using NGX. :(

I (just by chance) changed the TCP Port from the default setting to another random number and now I have all the traffic I want. Not sure why but I'm happy now. :D

Hope this helps.

Pat

Flying the NGX. Changing the TCP setting didn't really do anything for me. I run UT2 and traffic showing up on EFB runs about 50/50. Sometimes, it'll have all the AI in range on display, other times, it'll be completely blank despite have 3-4 AI within 10 miles of me. I'm not seeing any specific errors in the provider...seems to be running normal.

Hi

I still dont see any traffic when using the PMDG NGX, I have installed SP4 and recently did a full reinstall of the NGX in a bid to stop the CTD's I have been getting.

No luck.

Not sure if the same thing happens with other aircraft will check that tonight.

Wycliffe

I altered the settings in EFB a bit with regards to the display of AI traffic, adjusting the detection range and altitude...didn't make much difference. Last night's session in EFB displayed no traffic whatsoever despite my flight between KRDU and KTPA having a large number of AI showing up on my TCAS...many headon within 2k feet separation (yes, EFB TRFC was "on").

On a side note, EFB's runway info for KTPA differed from that shown in the NGX (both on airac 1108 last night)...was unable to select approaches into KTPA as none of the runways matched the flight plan or NGX's selection (looked like all were 1-2 degrees off). Probably a Navigraph issue...I'll find out tonight after updating everything to the 1109 cycle.

Traffic is an issue with the NGX, this is not just related to EFB, but also all AI programs and online clients so until PMDG sort this issue out, then there is not alot Urs can do i expect

It'll be interesting to see if it can be addressed. I have no trouble seeing traffic while flying the NGX (using UT2), in fact, I'm having a hard time finding an empty parking slot at some airports late at night, lol. Whatever problems the NGX may have, it is truly a beautiful bird to fly. :D

"...I have no trouble seeing traffic while flying the NGX (using UT2), in fact, I'm having a hard time finding an empty parking slot at some airports late at night.."

Do you mean AI or online traffic or both ?

I've no trouble seeing AI traffic while flying the NGX, but I have some not seeing any online (IVAO) traffic

I see plenty of traffic with the NGX on FSC but none in EFB when running at the same time! Suggestions?

Bruceb

Yep, we've all got the same issue. - I'm not sure whether it's a problem with EFB or with the NGX as I've heard is causes problems with SimConnect, which is used by EFB.

Jack

Guest William

Can a couple of things be established before I make my own enquiries with PMDG through the ticket system.

- Is PMDG already aware of the problem vis-a-vis EFB - I know there are bits and pieces in the PMDG forum but I haven't been able to find any official response from them.

- Has any approach been made by Aivlasoft to PMDG regarding this.

EDITED to show forum mentioned as PMDG not here.

I also am running ut2. As I previously stated, I changed the TCP Port number. I also then forced the dataprovider to rebuild itself and then started the displayunit.

I have lots of traffic as depicted in this shot of the displayunit . . . .

Pat

I also am running ut2. As I previously stated, I changed the TCP Port number. I also then forced the dataprovider to rebuild itself and then started the displayunit.

I have lots of traffic as depicted in this shot of the displayunit . . . .

Pat

Yea, I'll get the same thing many times, but once I get out of the departure airport, traffic all but disappears from EFB despite it still being present.

I don't fly online, so all my traffic is UT2 AI.

Jonesing at the moment, no power for 30+ hours now thanks to Hurricane Irene...means no FSX, lol (came to office to charge everything up).

I normally don't fly online either and rely on UT2 for AI traffic.

I started a flight today from KLGA to KATL. Plenty of traffic both on the ground and in the air until I got near OOD and suddenly, most if not all of the traffic disappeared after passing OOD and reaching T/C.

At FL360, traffic around me but not showing up on EFB. ;)

Pat

That's OOD.

Sorry, can't resist a good set-up like that. :D

No, no answer here. I can't imagine why reaching TOC would change the AI display though. Nothing should change to "not display" traffic at a different set of levels, etc.

But to begin another round of Travis' Pointless Questions(?) - has anyone experienced something similar with non-UT2 traffic and the PMDG NG? Or with PMDG and VoxATC traffic?

I ask because (IIRC) UT2 and VoxATC both use SimConnect to create/manage AI traffic whereas stock FSX AI doesn't. (So I'm just wondering if a pattern could either be constructed or de-constructed here.)

I've noticed the same thing with MyTrafficX, UT2 will put slightly more stress on Simconnect but it doesn't seem to stop UT2 from injecting traffic into the sim, EFB just doesn't seem to get chance to display it always. Maybe different kinds of Simconnect functions get differing priorities, it seems TCAS functions are low priority maybe.