METAR/TAF Error

Tinpanva

So I'm getting a "Download METAR/TAF (real world) not possible at the moment: The request was aborted: Could not create SSL/TLS secure channel." Error

I did update REX Weather Force today, tried it for one flight and then uninstalled it (still way too much lag and crappy clouds) Do I need to reinstall the server or client? Not sure what else it could be, it's been rock solid until today.

Hello,

I'm getting the same error using MSFS 2020 with Efb Server 2.2.122.0 (Download METAR/TAF (real world) not possible at the moment: The request was aborted: Could not create SSL/TLS) but NOAA seems OK:
https://tgftp.nws.noaa.gov/data/observations/metar/stations/KCPR.TXT:

2021/01/22 11:53
KCPR 221153Z AUTO 05007KT 10SM OVC010 M06/M08 A2994 RMK AO2 SLP169 60001 70002 T10611083 11044 21061 53005

Is there some trouble with some SSL certificate (NOAA certificate seems to have been issued recently 1/7/2021, 5:31:34 PM Central European Standard Time) or the encryption method (they "only" support TLSv1, v1.1 and v1.2 as said by https://ssltools.godaddy.com/views/certChecker)? It was working nicely until 2 o 3 days ago...

Kind Regards,

Didier

log.txt

Currently on a Trial. Not used this for a few days but it does look like there is an issue pulling through the real world weather from NOAA (sim used doesn't appear relevant)

This must be an issue with your process of obtaining it from NOAA as littlenavmap and flightsim pro seem to be able to pull the data through currently.

Best of luck sorting this .

J

Same problem here since yesterday, its on both MSFS and P3Dv4. From the serverlogs I can see that Real Weather was still working on Jan 22, as from Jan 22 the message, mentoned above, "....Could not create SSL/TLS secure channel." is reported in the log.

I found a workaround by Connecting EFB to Skyactiv which is in my P3D4 set up in a separate computer. I start SkyActiv (ASP3Dv4) and leave it the "Waiting for simulator mode" and do not start P3Dv4. I load the flightplan made via Simbrief / EFB and routesaved in EFB as P3Dv4 file and I get in the EFB the "actual" , (QNH matching with MSFS live weather) info about wind/temp/ QNH from both DEPT and DEST. I can work with that as long as the real world in EFB is broken. I have to make the filght to see if the dat a are actual updated when flying to the DEST.

Urs,  if you need log files I can sent them separately.

Regards

Reinier

5 hours ago, benjoglove said:

Just adding my two cents as not working in P3D. Cheers.

Yes, of course, the "Real Weather" download is independent of the simulator used. My point in mentioning MSFS against the OP was only, because for MSFS the use of "Real Weather" is needed as there are no weather injector like "ActiveSky" or others available.