EKCH rwy 12 and 30

1 hour ago, Oskar Speer said:

Hi! At EKCH (CPH) runways 12 and 30 is missing In AivlaSoft EFB Client. I can only find rwy 22L, 22R, 04L, 04R. Maybe I´m blind. The added files comes från my Navigraph and AivlaSoft account.

Quite frankly: EFB v2 can only draw what it has available in the BGL for that airport. If you use any third party BGL, EFB is "not responsible" - so to speak - for any missing item if is is not in the BGL, or - as most probably in this example - declared closed.

Just as an example:

EKCH is complete with all runways in the default BGL.

EKCH.thumb.png.4a721383edd94856a23b57e18b685ddf.png

10 minutes ago, Oskar Speer said:

I use FlyTampa EKCH add-on and I don't know anything about BGL files. I do not care about responsibility or not. I´m interest to get thing works, nothing else.

Oskar,

Its because FlyTampa have closed both ends of that runway for takeoff and landing.   If you’re familiar with ADE by ScruffyDuck (freeware) it’s not difficult to edit the airport and change the runway properties.

If you ask on the FlyTampa forum it’s possible someone has made an alternative available. EFB v2 is simply reading the status of scenery files (BGLs) and is doing everything correctly.

It is in your interest to have a basic knowledge of how P3D works which includes BGL files.

LATER: I’ve just remembered there is a program supplied with FlyTampa EKCH which may switch 12/30 back on. Check your readme.

1 minute ago, RayProudfoot said:

Oskar,

Its because FlyTampa have closed both ends of that runway for takeoff and landing.   If you’re familiar with ADE by ScruffyDuck (freeware) it’s not difficult to edit the airport and change the runway properties.

If you ask on the FlyTampa forum it’s possible someone has made an alternative available. EFB v2 is simply reading the status of scenery files (BGLs) and is doing everything correctly.

It is in your interest to have a basic knowledge of how P3D works which includes BGL files.

Thank´for a creative answer! I will check the FlyTampa forum?

1 hour ago, Oskar Speer said:

Vielen Dank für Ihre Antwort! What happen if I remove the CL? In P3D when I select EKCH only rwy 4R appears and GSX "Follow Me" service can only take me to rwy 4R.

Sorry Oskar, I don’t speak German so can’t understand your first sentence. I don’t know what CL means.

Difficult to answer that question. You might be better asking on the FlyTampa forum as this is not a specific problem with EFB.

Ray,

It not German and It is in your interest to have a basic knowledge of how P3D works which includes BGL files.

CL =Closed for landeing

CT = Closed for takeoff

Difficult to answer that question. You might be better asking on the FlyTampa forum as this is not a specific problem with EFB.

Why is this not a 'specific problem with EFB?

As I already tried to explain in this thread, we are faced with a contradictory situation when it comes to interpret the content of a certain BGL file.

We at AivlaSoft have been faced several times with situations where these flags (CL, CT) are used to mark a fake runway as not to display.

Other developers are using the very same flags for other purposes (mainly for steering AI Traffic).

So NO ONE can say, what is "right" and what is "wrong". It's simply used for different purposes.

If I can ever find a feasible way to 100% distinguish between a fake runway (which is marked as mentioned above) and therefore should not be displayed, and a runway which shall be displayed, even if it is closed (which in my opinion makes no sense at all), but both are marked in the very same way,  then it might be possible that an update of the respective code will happen. But only then.

2 hours ago, alpha117 said:

Ray,

It not German and It is in your interest to have a basic knowledge of how P3D works which includes BGL files.

CL =Closed for landeing

CT = Closed for takeoff

Why is this not a 'specific problem with EFB?

Clive,

I don't appreciate sarcasm and I have a good understanding of how P3D works thank you.

The first sentence was definitely German. I've never heard of CL and CT before.

Urs has answered your question.

Well, it's all about the eternal battle among add-on manufacturers. Scenery designers just ignore the fact that the content of a BGL File might also be used for other purposes (e.g. to display the ground layout of an airport, that's actually what they were initially made for...) Today's scenery designers use the "AFCAD" BGL's to guide AI traffic and therefore just close down runways that they don't want to be used with AI traffic. Nevertheless those runways are fully serviceable und useable, Just not in the eye of the designers. There are other examples where runways are simply drawn with a width of 0 meters or other funny combinations. As Urs also mentioned there are also "fake" runways used for whatever reason the designers decides. This does not make life extremely simple if you want to use the BGL's the way they have initially been designed for.

EFB however offers a solution which is already implemented, but not yet used as there are no respective files published. It's called the AFCAD function. EFB v2 has a separate directory, where Ground polygon BGL's can be placed for the purpose of DISPLAY in EFB v2's Ground Map only. Instructions will follow in the next few days, in combination with a few sample files.

10 hours ago, RayProudfoot said:

Sorry Oskar, I don’t speak German so can’t understand your first sentence. I don’t know what CL means.

Dwgb0SaZGhbi7YrwY1BKI669X0HsslxKFs6fflES

Meaning remove the "CL" in r5.csv.