missing runway 11-29 LFBD EFBV2

1 hour ago, christophe83 said:

Hi all

the runway 11-29 LFBD does not appear on the map client .

I update  airac 1807 Navigraph fmsdata ok.

someone can help me

Well, to be honest, that's a bit strange. I can see it depicted from default data of P3D v4.3. Can you please check with the (i) button (just right of the "Airports" button) what it says under add-on and File

Furthermore press Ctrl + Alt + A and look whether the ARINC Database shows both runways? To me it looks as if there were any kind of add-on which has not all runways included.

Hmm, I have the same issue, even after a DB rebuild with this morning update.

EFB shows this:

lfbd4_zps2a4myszm.png

DB shows this

lfbd5_zpsjozoizcc.png

Airport AFCAD show the correct runways

lfbd2_zpsz8bexrrp.png

Little NavMap show the correct runways and also shows the BGL files that have reference to LFBD(and show the correct layer order)

LFBD1_zpsmtbrepn2.png

ProATC/X also show correct runways

lfbd3_zpsj1ek28i1.png

So, lost on this one to be honest

Question: is it because I have 11/29 closed??

Here is my R5.CSV entry

LFBD,0050,44.819118,-0.728989,166,46.420,10165,0,148,-1.000,44.828903,-0.714988,0,,
LFBD,0110,44.831547,-0.729249,166,107.450,7915,0,148,-1.000,44.828472,-0.714570,0,CT,CL
LFBD,0230,44.838688,-0.700987,166,226.420,10165,110.30BDG,148,-1.000,44.828903,-0.714988,0,,
LFBD,0290,44.825397,-0.699890,166,287.450,7915,111.15BDG,148,-1.000,44.828472,-0.714570,0,CT,CL

ProATC/X  shows this also ?

If that is the case, then Closed runways should still be displayed but referenced as closed.

Yep, that is the issue

lfbd8_zpstbz9ca00.png

So, this has a massive potential issue to be honest, but only at AFCAD level. If you are updating the AFCAD to reflect real world operations and also making sure that AI  use the correct runway, then EFB display of the airport will be incorrect, as seen in this example.

Off the top of my head the same issue will be at LIRF and probably quiet a few other airports around the world.

Urs, maybe if EFB see 'CT AND CL' during the DB build it could change the runway box to RED and still display it??

Next question :  what if runway is only closed for landing (CL)..will it display then, also what about preferential runways that are set?

Maybe

Green: Preferred runway 

Orange: normal operations

RED: Closed

correct, that's not the issue though look at the R5 data this is what EFB sees from the BGL when it builds the DB and I have just proved that in this little test 

Look at my little map screenshot, what is the top most BGL file that has airport data?

What BGL do you think I have just had to change to get the runway to appear, with a NEW DB build?

I didn't have to rerun makerunways to achieve this, as EFB does not use that data, so it was very quick to prove the issue

lfbd9_zpsjblvrwzg.png

Does this BGL hold airport data, pull it into ADE and have a look....it's blank which is correct. 

the BGL that contains the airport data is the one that comes with the scenery, hence if you make changes to that one then EFB collates that data, again which is correct.

Again, all I had to do was to 'open' the runway in the scenery AFCAD make the changes and EFB finds it and displays it correctly on  new DB build.

So, this issue is not where EFB is getting the data (its all correct BTW) it how it is dealing with it when it finds it.

This can be fixed, quiet easily by Urs in a future update, if he so wishes 

So, explain why the runways are  now displayed correctly and I did not have to change the BGL in the screenshot(LFBD.BGL)?

Look at how Little Nav Map displays ALL the BGLs that contain the airport, and how it put them in scenery order. fantastic for debugging and fixing user issues.

FSCaptian does the same kind of thing, but just diplays the BGL that is used for airport data.  

So there are ways of making it helpful not just for the user but for support staff as well.

It looks like EFB currently show the 'top' BGL that has that airport, again not an issue, as what you see in this screenshot, might change going forwrd in what data this BGL will hold and 'override' the scenery BGL, hence it is at the top of the scenery list already as it holds relevant data that overrides the other BGL data.

As I've said already this is a potential issue but only for 'high end' users, 30 years ago they were very few, but today they are getting more and more and their expectations get greater and greater, they want all the 'real world' stuff, but this comes at a cost and increase in development time.

All I have done is looked at a users issue, can I replicate that issue, yes I can. Then find out why, and also how to fix it and come up with a  potential solution that could work, if Urs so wishes, there may be a better,easier solution,or none at all that is down to Urs.  

I have had a look into the source code and I can confirm that a runway which has none of the following flags set, will not be depicted (flags: primary landing, secondary landing, primary takeoff, secondary takeoff). How comes? During development we were faced with scenery that contains "fake" runways (for whatever reason) which had all the above mentioned flags set to "false". In other words, there were runways which were defined to not allow takeoffs, and not allow landings. Does it make sense to depict a runway which cannot be used in any way? Therefore we decided to not depict such runways.

If I understand the above described problem correctly, then the same flags are now used for the purpose of "steering" AI traffic. Am I right?

What we experience here seems to be a historically grown problem. As you wrote, the expectations of the users are getting more and more, but unfortunately the underlying BGL was never designed for all these different requirements. As a result of this, every developer is finding its own solution on how to achieve the goals for its add-on by setting and interpreting these flags "as he likes".

So the question (from EFB's point of view) is, how to distinguish between the same flags but in different add-ons? How do I know when should a runway be depicted although all flags are OFF, and when should the runway NOT be depicted, while all these flags are set OFF? What is the indication of a valid and a non-valid runway if all flags are identical?

I agree with Urs’s view on this missing runway problem. The Aerosoft LPPT is another that has a extra 03/21 runway added ( via a 3rd party fix) to make the PAPI lights visible. A bug in P3D causes some PAPI lights to disappear when a few miles out.

The fix solves this problem but if EFB were to show all runways including those that have both ends set to closed it would make the map look a mess.

Thank you all for your research and answers. My side of the scene LFBD France vfr is compatible p3dv3 and works very well with EFBv1 we can see the two runways 23-05 and 11-29. under p3dv4.3 with the same scene EFB1 there is only a runway 05-23 that appears. I send you a photo with the runway utilization percentage. runway 11-29 is still used on Bordeaux so it's a shame that it does not appear with EFBv2 ... someone to the solution to help me thank you very much to all you are great ?

C70EAFED-AB4B-41C2-B5BC-BC331F9FAA5C.png

Guys, I think this thread has run its course and Urs along with Ray agree this is how it should be in EFB. So now that everyone is aware that there will be airports that will not be correctly displayed in EFB, this does not now come as a surprise. 

Everyone now moves on, and does not dwell on this small issue.