update to v2.2 build 1.22

alex66021

hello,

i have p3d.v4.5. everytime i start EFB server, it tell me that a new version is available (build 1.22).

so i start download it, en install the new version. but when i start EFB server, it tells me again that a new version is available. and so on.

when i click the message away, the program starts well, but not 1.22, but in 1.21.

i am i doing something wrong?

regards,

Alex

problem solved.

somehow the installer was pointing my former p3dv5 installation.

it made a directory (with the new build 1.22) client and server in p3dv5 folder. so the update was installed correctly, but in the wrong directory.

i removed the p3dv5 key in the registry, removed EFB, and reinstalled it and now the program is updated to build 1.22.

thanks,

Alex

• 1 year later...

I seem to have the same problem with P3DV5.3

Every time I start EFB server, it tells me that a new version is available (build 1.22).

but when I start another instance of EFB server, it tells me again that a new version is available. AS-2210/R1 is now loaded but it opens at Zurich every time and does not connect P3D and the EFB Client. I did have two instances of each (the server and the client) but changed that. Should I dump all the files and start anew?

Client_202210302303.txt.zip Server_202210302303.txt.zip

Every time I start EFB server, it tells me that a new version is available (build 1.22)

From the logfiles I cannot see a cause for this.

Maybe it comes from an old 'latestVersions.txt' file which is located in the 'Updates'-folder in the Server's/Client's data structure. Do you run an automatic backup software which might replace this file?

AS-2210/R1 is now loaded but it opens at Zurich every time and does not connect P3D and the EFB Client

Zurich is the default location after a fresh installation. As long as FSUIPC does not connect with the simulator, a new position cannot be received and therefore the closest airport cannot be determined. Please check whether the latest and proper version of FSUIPC is installed on your computer.

From the logfile I can see that the connection with the Client is established.

5 hours ago, jfmitch1716 said:

I did have two instances of each (the server and the client) but changed that.

It should not be possible to run two instances of the Server at the same time on the same machine. How did you manage this?

I had both the server and the Client on drive D. When I updated I forgot this and they ended up in C drive.  How can I get rid of the files on D drive plus the registry key would be pointing at the wrong set of folders. Sorry for being such a complete ass but it's the stroke I had a few years ago. My FSUIPC is version 6.

JIm

Hi Jim

52 minutes ago, jfmitch1716 said:

I had both the server and the Client on drive D. When I updated I forgot this and they ended up in C drive. 

Then I assume that you did not run the auto-update instead of having downloaded the installers from the website and ran them manually. Is that correct?

54 minutes ago, jfmitch1716 said:

How can I get rid of the files on D drive plus the registry key would be pointing at the wrong set of folders.

If the installers ran without error then the registry keys should have been altered to the new location. Aren't they?

Thanks for the screenshot. This is a completely different message than what you described in your previous posts. I always thought you are talking about a program update to version 1.22.  This message is telling you that you have AIRAC cycle 2210 from Navigraph installed in the folder C:\Users\<username>\Documents\AivlaSoft\EFB2\Server\AIRAC\Navigraph FMS Data,  but obviously you did not yet rebuild your EFB database using the DbBuilder function "Update Navdata". As soon as you have updated the database, this message will no longer be displayed.

The folder C:\Users\<username>\Documents\AivlaSoft\EFB2\Server\AIRAC contains two subfolders:

airac.png

Each of them can hold a navdata cycle. From your screenshots I can see that you are a user of Navigraph FMS Data. On the screenshot with the logfile excerpt I can see that the DbBuilder also is creating a database with Aerosoft NavDataPro. If you don't intentionally use Aerosoft too, then I recommend to ...

1) Delete the content of the folder 'Aerosoft NavDataPro'

2) Delete your database using the 'Delete' button in the DbBuilders dialog

3) Create a new database using Navigraph FMS data

It might be that then the warning does no longer appear.