Prepar3d V5 compatibility?

mischung

Hey Urs,

thanks for your reply. Thought that maybe you had the chance to be on the beta of P3D V5 😉

There will be some changes in the airport data regarding the sloped runway feature I guess, as Pete Dowson already mentioned that over at the Prosim-Forum (he adapted his tool "MakeRunways" accordingly).

I'm not really sure about the line "Updated over 24,000 airports with new data across the entire globe." in the changelog 🤔

Of course it would be great to have a complete update off all navigation data, without fiddling around (ok Orbx Vector airports will still be a problem 😂).

Think we'll have to wait and see, but despite all the negative comments around the forums, I'm quite excited to see the next update of P3D and I think it offers great opportunities.

Wish you Happy Easter and stay safe during this crazy time 🙂

Hi Marc,

Thanks for your wishes. Same to you!

I have also read all this information and it seems that some changes to the data base have been made, especially because there will be a new version of FSUIPC.

As soon as I have it running on my system I will start with the analysis. Hopefully not much has to be fixed.

59 minutes ago, jfmitch1716 said:

Worked here after picking up FSUIPC6.  Regarding the database, what if one wants to keep both PVD4.5 and PVD5?  Afraid to update at this point.

Yes, I found the same thing, not surprising though...😀 In any case DO NOT ATTEMPT to update the database by linking it to P3DV5. This will produce unpresictable results und you might lose you P3DV4 database. As long as you keep your P3DV4 database updated, you can cross-use it with P3DV5 FOR DISPLAY ONLY. For understandeable reasons the airport's ground layouts will reflect those that you have installed in P3DV4.

You will be advised as soon as a fully P3DV5 compatible update is available. Until then every use of EFB2 with P3DV5 is on your own risk and responsability.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry Oskar, of course you do not need the P3D Hotfix for EFB2 to work. 

Just wanted to say, that the Hotfix is around the corner and in my opinion it would be a good idea to wait for that as well for a good start... 

I definitely chose the wrong words in my previous post... 🙈

Marc

12 minutes ago, mischung said:

Sorry Oskar, of course you do not need the P3D Hotfix for EFB2 to work. 

Just wanted to say, that the Hotfix is around the corner and in my opinion it would be a good idea to wait for that as well for a good start... 

I definitely chose the wrong words in my previous post... 🙈

Marc

No worries, Marc

I'm usually scanning the LM Forum for information about an upcoming Hotfix, but so far I haven't seen any information about one coming up shortly. Of course hotfixes are always due within short time after an initial release, but usually no major components are addressed.

17 hours ago, lonewulf47 said:

No worries, Marc

I'm usually scanning the LM Forum for information about an upcoming Hotfix, but so far I haven't seen any information about one coming up shortly. Of course hotfixes are always due within short time after an initial release, but usually no major components are addressed.

Hi Oskar,

here is a post from Rob McCarthy confirming the upcoming hotfix:

image.thumb.png.9b8d775bffecf2bffeb8f8f99df89ba7.png

AFAIK there are several issues that should be addressed with this fix:

- flying into invisible mountains on approach

- some issues with the updated airports/landclass

- lot of CTD-issues

- VRAM-issues

So this time it seems there are some major issues putting pressure on LM to bring out this hotfix quite fast.

For me P3D V5 is performing quite nice at the moment, but I did not operate too many flights right now 🙂

Hi Marc,

Yes, I saw this coming out yesterday. As I can see this is not affecting EFB2 unless they are not going to alter major items in the airport SDK. I do regular flights every day and haven't come across most of the reported issues, except for the "invisible mountains" in some approach paths. One of them is in the approach for LSZS Samedan RWY03, just abeam San Gian Chapel...😀. I'm sure many of the CTD's are also due to improper handling of Add-Ons that are "believend" to be compatible.

As you might have noticed, we are about to release the #117 build today. We will soon find out...