Congratulations on your Launch!!!

unc1rlm

Yes indeed, congratulations too.

I am currently flying from Singapore to  London and I am really impressed with everything at the moment. I have got a little niggle with an exception error when changing the Transponder code through the EFB, but the COMM feature is really nice. The Taxi feature is nice too especially when navigating at night. The map change from taxy to cruise are really smooth and in the appropriate places.

Probably wont wait until the 30 day ends, I am sure I will purchase early.

Well done on first impressions, a really classsy product

I also have been a user of EFB v1 and couldn't quite see how it could be improved, however v2 is definitely a massive Wow factor.  A great deal of thought has gone into this program and so far I can't fault it.  In the past I was a Beta tester for a similar product and prided myself in coming up with good ideas to make that product better, but with EFB v2 the developer has already surpassed anything I could suggest.

A trial wasn't necessary for me I bought it on experience of the previous version, a massive thumbs up from me Urs  ? ? ?

Glen

Hello....Yippeee...I bought it :) discount and every thing.

One question..lol...I am trying to update airac. Navigraph. I actually deleted the contents of the Navigraph FMS Data folder that you supplied with the program. I have downloaded the 1807 and the client see the airac version 1807 but on the server side in the databuilder it still lists it 1802 or whatever and it says no Airac data found in folder  (\\UNC1RLM1\Documents\AivlaSoft\EFB2\Server\AIRAC\Navigraph FMS Data) but the NavData; SidStars and the index file for 1807 are there but I have a bright yellow blocked area where DataBuilder doesn't see the airac?

Sorry for wording..hope you get my point. Issues are on the Server..not Client.

Thanks,

BobM.

39 minutes ago, unc1rlm said:

Hello....Yippeee...I bought it :) discount and every thing.

One question..lol...I am trying to update airac. Navigraph. I actually deleted the contents of the Navigraph FMS Data folder that you supplied with the program. I have downloaded the 1807 and the client see the airac version 1807 but on the server side in the databuilder it still lists it 1802 or whatever and it says no Airac data found in folder  (\\UNC1RLM1\Documents\AivlaSoft\EFB2\Server\AIRAC\Navigraph FMS Data) but the NavData; SidStars and the index file for 1807 are there but I have a bright yellow blocked area where DataBuilder doesn't see the airac?

Sorry for wording..hope you get my point. Issues are on the Server..not Client.

Thanks,

BobM.

Hi Bob,

Sorry to say it directly: don't copy files around, if you don't know EXACTLY what you are doing....? What I'm reading leads me to the assumption that you messed up with the AIRAC and database installation. If you need to update to the newest AIRAC cycle you need to use the download from either Navigraph or NavDataPro. These download tools will place the necessary files into the proper paths. thereafter you need to start the Server. It will tell you that it has found a new AIRAC cycle and will start the DatabaseBuilder. That's the procedure to follow when updating an AIRAC cycle. Do not manually copy any files to any location! 

AIRAC and Database Updates are ALWAYS done on the Server's side, never on the Client's. The required files will be transferred to the Client upon next start.

As for the Navigraph AIRAC I'm not sure actually, whether this is already available in correct form. We have contradictory information on that subject.We might need a confirmation first from Navigraph. Sorry for this confusion, but thats entirely out of our hands.

Edit: latest news from Navigraph are that it should be available now. See here: https://forum.aivlasoft.com/topic/2854-unable-to-update-navigraph-airac/?do=findComment&comment=17502

2 hours ago, volkerjacob said:

Hello Urs, 

as former EFB v1 user, I already purchased the new version. I must say great work, EFB v2 is a great step forward. Thank You for Your hard work!

1 hour ago, bobsk8 said:

My first flight with EFB.  All I can say is  "Fantastic"....

1 hour ago, PaintSplasher said:

Hi,

just bought it two hours ago. And I am very happy and excited after 3 years most daily usage of EFB v1.

Just doesn't like the dark style, but I will get used to it, hopefully ;)

1 hour ago, GAJ52 said:

I also have been a user of EFB v1 and couldn't quite see how it could be improved, however v2 is definitely a massive Wow factor.  A great deal of thought has gone into this program and so far I can't fault it.  In the past I was a Beta tester for a similar product and prided myself in coming up with good ideas to make that product better, but with EFB v2 the developer has already surpassed anything I could suggest.

A trial wasn't necessary for me I bought it on experience of the previous version, a massive thumbs up from me Urs  ? ? ?

Glen

Thank you all for your good words. Indeed it was a hard work all the years ago, but finally ... I guess it was worth the effort.

Just now, aivlasoft said:

Thank you all for your good words. Indeed it was a hard work all the years ago, but finally ... I guess it was worth the effort.

Your software is a masterpiece, and i have been simming for 3 decades. 

3 hours ago, volkerjacob said:

Hello Urs, 

as former EFB v1 user, I already purchased the new version. I must say great work, EFB v2 is a great step forward. Thank You for Your hard work!

Same here and after successfully solving a network permissions issue, EFBv2 is looking and working fantastically...congratulations.

3 hours ago, lonewulf47 said:

Hi Bob,

Sorry to say it directly: don't copy files around, if you don't know EXACTLY what you are doing....? What I'm reading leads me to the assumption that you messed up with the AIRAC and database installation. If you need to update to the newest AIRAC cycle you need to use the download from either Navigraph or NavDataPro. These download tools will place the necessary files into the proper paths. thereafter you need to start the Server. It will tell you that it has found a new AIRAC cycle and will start the DatabaseBuilder. That's the procedure to follow when updating an AIRAC cycle. Do not manually copy any files to any location! 

AIRAC and Database Updates are ALWAYS done on the Server's side, never on the Client's. The required files will be transferred to the Client upon next start.

As for the Navigraph AIRAC I'm not sure actually, whether this is already available in correct form. We have contradictory information on that subject.We might need a confirmation first from Navigraph. Sorry for this confusion, but thats entirely out of our hands.

Edit: latest news from Navigraph are that it should be available now. See here: https://forum.aivlasoft.com/topic/2854-unable-to-update-navigraph-airac/?do=findComment&comment=17502

Got it fixed. I basically uninstalled and reinstalled and installed the navigraph with the program. After installing..I just used the Navigraph FMS Manager and rescanned the hard drive..it found v2.0 and installed that way and then updated inside the server and we are good to go. I had deleted the original navigraph and it took out the 3 bin files and the other stuff needed to run properly. I should be so ashamed for being in a hurry....lol

Thanks,

Bob M.

3 minutes ago, unc1rlm said:

Got it fixed. I basically uninstalled and reinstalled and installed the navigraph with the program. After installing..I just used the Navigraph FMS Manager and rescanned the hard drive..it found v2.0 and installed that way and then updated inside the server and we are good to go. I had deleted the original navigraph and it took out the 3 bin files and the other stuff needed to run properly. I should be so ashamed for being in a hurry....lol

Thanks,

Bob M.

Good to hear that you were able to fix it. Thanks for your report.