Invalid Routing

tkemp66

Seems like every route I create with Simbrief comes up as invalid in EFB Client. This has only happened since updating to Navigraph latest Airac 2307. I have never seen this problem before. Can you help me understand whars going on please? This is basically for every route that's been created since yesterday. Example : Could not find airway 'Y280' which contains entry point 'REDFN' and exit point 'CHRGE'

This is for the Resulting Route: (FPL-JBU702-IS
-A320/M-SDE3FGHIRWY/LB1
-KSLC1640
-N0463F350 RUGGD3 EKR DCT LAA DCT IRW J20 EIC DCT SWB DCT HRV Q105
 REDFN Y280 CHRGE PRICY3
-KMCO0353 KDHN
-PBN/A1B1C1D1O1S1 DOF/230714 REG/N320SB EET/KZDV0022 KZKC0105
 KZFW0129 KZHU0214 KZJX0255 KZMA0315 KZJX0328 OPR/JBU PER/C RMK/TCAS)

I'm having the same issue. I've gotten around it by changing the route to DCTs for each waypoint for now, but would definitely like a fix.

I believe something changed with the AIRAC data as of 2307, some other issue happened to STKP and the dev had to put out an update for that.

Having a similar issue with the latest Navdata, getting random waypoints appear on airways taking the route hundreds if not thousands of miles away from where I am flying. Also getting the same error reported above.

This route is the latest to cause me a problem.

KMCO/18L N0488F410 FATHE3 VIYAP Q87 JROSS Q409 GUILD Q64 SAWED Q97 KALDA Q131 ZJAAY Q167 EMJAY DCT ALLEX N437A TUDEP/M085F410 NATR BEXET/N0497F410 DCT MOLAK DCT MAC N562 TRN P600 GIRVA GIRV1E EGPH/24

I rolled back my navdata and was able to revolve the  problem with other routes, however this one needed the latest due to the NAT.

efb 1.png

efb 2.png

efb 3.png

The same issue can be reproduced with the OP's route KSLC EKR DCT LAA DCT IRW J20 EIC DCT SWB DCT HRV Q105 REDFN Y280 CHRGE KMCO, "Could not find airway 'Y280' which contains entry point 'REDFN' and exit point 'CHRGE' "

1. Simulator P3D v5.4
  2. EFB v2 Server and Client Build # 2.3 139
  3. EFB v2 setup: networked
  4. EFB v2 setup:  custom path
  5. Using licensed  version
  6. If the issue is related to database or procedures: - Navigraph 2307 Rev1
  7. If the issue is related to a certain airport: - NO.
  8. Steps to reproduce the behavior:

Have imported cycle 2307 via FMS Data Manager and also via manual installer with the same result. On each occasion the data imported and was activated with no error in the dbBuilderLogFile.

Tried creating a new database again with the same result

Hallo, auch ich habe das Problem. Die Route importiert mit Simbrief und es wird nur chaotisch.

Hello, I also have the problem. The route imports with Simbrief and it just gets messy. The second picture shows the planned route with Navigraph Chart.

000379.png

000380.png

Well, we have to wait until something substancial shows up. The funny thing is that if I build a routing KMCO-EGPH with SimBrief, it shows without problems on AIRAC2307: See below:(flight plan built 10 min ago)

KMCO-EGPH.thumb.png.8f5aa847f84642f0973b763def66cb91.png

So for the moment I'm without any ideas what happens here as I can alyways use a flightplan built by SimBrief normally...

Just for my own information: habe you also rebuilt the database for the respective simulator? (Not only "Update Navdata" but also "Update Simulator").

Just as another heads-up: in most cases you cannot use a stored flight plan built on another AIRAC Cycle. If ony one if the stored AWYs or WYPs has changed, the whole routing becomes invalid.

For example with a LOWL-EDDM flight plan created with Simbrief, I get follow error message:

"Could not find airway Q113 with contains enter point  `AMADI` and exit point `NAPSA`"

I have AIRACS 2307 ver 1 installed.

kind regards

Peter

On 7/14/2023 at 1:21 PM, lonewulf47 said:

have you properly updated and rebuilt your EFB database? I can load the mentioned Flightplan (freshly created on SimBrief) into EFB without problems (no SID and STAR added at this time). Using newest AIRAC2307 data.

FPL_01.thumb.png.b60a165c5ad46ac76920387b3da79d27.png

Yes I did. At least twice. In fact, I rebuild EFB database at least twice a week.

11 hours ago, lonewulf47 said:

Well, we have to wait until something substancial shows up. The funny thing is that if I build a routing KMCO-EGPH with SimBrief, it shows without problems on AIRAC2307: See below:(flight plan built 10 min ago)

KMCO-EGPH.thumb.png.8f5aa847f84642f0973b763def66cb91.png

So for the moment I'm without any ideas what happens here as I can alyways use a flightplan built by SimBrief normally...

Just for my own information: habe you also rebuilt the database for the respective simulator? (Not only "Update Navdata" but also "Update Simulator").

Just as another heads-up: in most cases you cannot use a stored flight plan built on another AIRAC Cycle. If ony one if the stored AWYs or WYPs has changed, the whole routing becomes invalid.

I see your route has worked, but it does not use the same airways I had a problem with, the first being N437A, the second P600, so whilst you have been fortunate, it is not the same route and therefore cant be compared. 

The route that I had a problem with was a route generated just yesterday using PFPX which has also been updated and I do not use any stored routes. In order to as not pin point PFPX, I also have had problems with simbrief generated routes.

Seems several users are experiencing something similar. And I have indeed rebuilt both the sim and the airac data.

Have just again rebuilt both the sim and airac in EFB Database builder.

This route was generated by Simbrief - EGPH/24 N0420F230 TLA6C TLA N864 DCS L612 LAKEY/N0460F370 UL612 LISTO LIST1L EGSS/22

Result in EFB and Navigraph Charts are below.

efb 4.png

efb 5.png

efb 6.png

I understand, that your result does not look satisfactorily. When looking at my depiction on EFB with the identical route, you will notice, that my result looks definitely somewhat better. I have NO CLUE what goes wrong on your end. Something in your database must be completely out of sync. We might need to investigate what happened.

EGPH-RGSS.png

For my own instance Simbrief is not used at all, PFPX is used for planning and a copy/paste of the route returns a corrupt T16 airway.

A new database has been created, NG 2307 rev1 installed and activated and 'update simulator' run.

Route text string: EIDW PELIG DCT KURUM DCT BIBLA DCT GUNSO DCT OMOKO T16 NAVIX DCT ORTIS GCTS

capture_001_16072023_075736.thumb.jpg.6ed9c43f8e963a45572d094a7f2ae324.jpg

The construction of the T16 airway contains incorrect waypoints.

I agree, it's not the same as in my depction, made from YOUR route string. But nevertheless I have NO CLUE what's going wrong over there... For the time being please hold on. We have to investigate. My presumption goes towards a different parsing for Naivgraph AIRAC which may cause some oddities in the database. I use NavDataPro within EFB, which does not create any problems.

EIDW-GCTS.thumb.png.5d009bed2332e172658b56b0748a572d.png

After some comparison work between Navigraph and NavDataPro Database it looks as if Navigraph had implemented some changes on their AIRNC dataset. Unfortunately we are not informed about such changes. As a consequence we have to investigate and possibly adjust the database Builder to work with the latest Navigraph data. This will take some time. Please hold on. It should also be noticed that users of NavDataPro are not affected.

Thanks very much for the update, it's appreciated. Good luck with finding the issue.

For anyone able, if you revert back to 2306, it works for me, unless doing transatlantic as it needs a current airac for the nats. But will work if manual waypoints are entered.

Cheers

After some investigation it turned out that the Navigraph AIRAC cycle 2307 rev 1 was faulty.

In the meantime Navigraph has updated the cycle and everyone should re-download the latest revision 3 from cycle 2307 using the Navigraph FMS Data Manager.

Then rebuild the EFB database using the "Update Navdata" function in the DatabaseBuilder. This will bring back the functionality in EFB as it was with 2306.

On 7/18/2023 at 8:46 AM, aivlasoft said:

After some investigation it turned out that the Navigraph AIRAC cycle 2307 rev 1 was faulty.

In the meantime Navigraph has updated the cycle and everyone should re-download the latest revision 3 from cycle 2307 using the Navigraph FMS Data Manager.

Then rebuild the EFB database using the "Update Navdata" function in the DatabaseBuilder. This will bring back the functionality in EFB as it was with 2306.

Thank you for the heads-up.

°•.

Also, after latest update for Client & Server there is also a XP database (and I don't even have XP) and it doesn't matter how many times you click 'DELETE' it simply won't go away. Thankfully it reads from MSFS database that is selected.

1 hour ago, Terblanche said:

Also, after latest update for Client & Server there is also a XP database (and I don't even have XP) and it doesn't matter how many times you click 'DELETE' it simply won't go away. Thankfully it reads from MSFS database that is selected.

Please see the updated announcement here: https://forum.aivlasoft.com/topic/7787-update-23-140/