Sim Update 12 made changes to AI information.

Wise87

• Wise87 changed the title to Sim Update 12 made changes to AI information.

I can't reproduce it here. AI traffic, generated by MSFS, appears with correct aircraft types (EFB v2.3.136, MSFS v1.31.22.0).

Are you running a third-party-tool which generates traffic?

Are you running the latest version of EFB Server and Client?

Have you already looked at the Server's traffic monitor? Maybe you could assign another field number for the type?

52 minutes ago, aivlasoft said:

I can't reproduce it here. AI traffic, generated by MSFS, appears with correct aircraft types (EFB v2.3.136, MSFS v1.31.22.0).

Are you running a third-party-tool which generates traffic?

Are you running the latest version of EFB Server and Client?

Have you already looked at the Server's traffic monitor? Maybe you could assign another field number for the type?

I am currently using FSLTL and AIG for model matching while on Vatsim. 

Yes I am running the latest version of the client and server. 

Good idea, I will check on my next flight and report back. 

Support

I wanted to add a few more findings. I decided to fly the Fenix A320. Before the SU12 update Aivlasoft EFB read the profile without an issue. Now it reads it as default. I have also provided a screen grab of the Server's traffic monitor. My setup isa clean install. I'm suprised no one else has mentioned this. 

download1.png

download.jpg

On my photo attached the 3 model down is not correct. I am also seeing more aircraft display the long model text over the last few days. As far as the Fenix, they have made no change to the model and it worked the day prior to SU12 being released. I’ll post this issue on other sites to see if other users are seeing this and have them report here with their findings. Also the Maddog shows as default and it worked before SU12 also. 

Happening the same here since SU12. Apparently EFB is taking the value "ATC_TYPE" instead of ICAO value from the aircraft cfg, or apparently is the simulator who is publishing the different field. If you check in the aircraft.cfg for Fenix for example fnx-aircraft-320 location at SimObjects\Airplanes\FNX320 aircraft.cfg

atc_type ="TT:ATCCOM.ATC_NAME AIRBUS.0.text"
atc_model ="TT:ATCCOM.AC_MODEL_A320.0.text"

While the values for icao_model are not "text" between "" and they have these values

icao_type_designator =A320
icao_manufacturer =AIRBUS
icao_model =A-320

Something seems to be different since SU12 and we need to do more testing here.

11 hours ago, bullo82 said:

Apparently EFB is taking the value "ATC_TYPE" instead of ICAO value from the aircraft cfg

Negativ. As you might have overseen in the screenshots above, the cryptic names do not start with "TT:".

@all:

Could you please let us know the versions of the FENIX-Airbus, and also from FSUIPC7. Thanks.

1 hour ago, aivlasoft said:

Negativ. As you might have overseen in the screenshots above, the cryptic names do not start with "TT:".

@all:

Could you please let us know the versions of the FENIX-Airbus, and also from FSUIPC7. Thanks.

Hi, for me, Fenix Version is 1.0.6.146 and FSUIPC7 V7.3.19 (not register).

Thank you.

Is there a workaround for now where we can add the malformed module name to the profile and get it working? I tried adding ATCCOM.AC_MODEL_A320.0 to the list of acceptable airframes but it's still not recognizing it.

Or is there a way to disable the automatic profile selector?

Obviously there are two different issues discussed in this thread.  First, the name of the currently loaded aircraft in MSFS, and second, the names of AI aircraft provided by MSFS. Regarding issue #1, I have the latest version of Fenix' A320 running (v1.0.6.146) and FSUIPC7 v7.3.19 is installed. On the next screenshots you can see that the ICAO type designator is properly detected by EFB:

Fenix A320 1.0.6.146 type designator with FSUIPC 3.1.19.png

Fenix A320 1.0.6.146 aircraft.cfg.png

Regarding issue #2 I can only say that the malformed names are the names of AI traffic and not the name of the own ship. Although these names are created beyond the scope of EFB, I have implemented some 'filtering code' which is trying to extract the ICAO type designator from these malformed names. It will be available with next update which is planned to be released soon. Until then I don't see a workaround except to pause the AI generation by the aforementioned third party tools.

21 hours ago, aivlasoft said:

Obviously there are two different issues discussed in this thread.  First, the name of the currently loaded aircraft in MSFS, and second, the names of AI aircraft provided by MSFS. Regarding issue #1, I have the latest version of Fenix' A320 running (v1.0.6.146) and FSUIPC7 v7.3.19 is installed. On the next screenshots you can see that the ICAO type designator is properly detected by EFB:

Fenix A320 1.0.6.146 type designator with FSUIPC 3.1.19.png

Fenix A320 1.0.6.146 aircraft.cfg.png

Regarding issue #2 I can only say that the malformed names are the names of AI traffic and not the name of the own ship. Although these names are created beyond the scope of EFB, I have implemented some 'filtering code' which is trying to extract the ICAO type designator from these malformed names. It will be available with next update which is planned to be released soon. Until then I don't see a workaround except to pause the AI generation by the aforementioned third party tools.

So for issue #1, will the workaround implemented for issue #2 alleviate this as well? Those of us also on the same Fenix and FSUIPC version are seeing a different identifier in the EFB, so clearly there's some issue here (though I agree probably not with the EFB). Either figuring out the proper addition to add for the A320 profile or having a way to disable the automatic profile selector would be a more-than-good-enough workaround for now.

So for issue #1, will the workaround implemented for issue #2 alleviate this as well?

Yes, it should.

2 hours ago, Berzerker said:

Either figuring out the proper addition to add for the A320 profile or having a way to disable the automatic profile selector would be a more-than-good-enough workaround for now.

You can find the required name in the Server's log file (see next screenshot as an example). Just add the name which is displayed to the already listed names in the respective profile.

serverLogfileAirfileName.png

• 2 weeks later...