Update probelm

vealeww

When loading EFB I got a new update message. I ran it and it seemed to install.  Loaded database, VER 2.1 Version (build 106).  Started the EFB and it has been hung on "installing Profiles". Been at this for over 5 minutes. Can hear the HD working. Not sure what's going on.

wwveale@gmail.com

Same problem here, I updated the Client only since I had a message for an update only on Client, the Server started with no message. I uninstalled the Client, downloaded the full installer for Client and re-installed, with the same result, permanent hang on start. EFB cannot be used at all.

If your message tells the story, there should have been a message to update the Server as well, there was not, this is probably why we have this issue. I restarted the Server but there was no other message than re-run the database (for no reason since I did not change anything to my P3Dv4.5 at all). I did run the scenery again but no joy with the Client.

36 minutes ago, Trinidad said:

Same problem here, I updated the Client only since I had a message for an update only on Client, the Server started with no message. I uninstalled the Client, downloaded the full installer for Client and re-installed, with the same result, permanent hang on start. EFB cannot be used at all.

If your message tells the story, there should have been a message to update the Server as well, there was not, this is probably why we have this issue. I restarted the Server but there was no other message than re-run the database (for no reason since I did not change anything to my P3Dv4.5 at all). I did run the scenery again but no joy with the Client.

Hi ??? (please observe the forum rules)

As it is completely impossible to find out about the present state of your installation, I propose to uninstall EFB completely and reinstall with the latest installers. Do not try to uninstall anything manually, but use the uninstallation feature provided by windows. In any case you need to un- and re-install both Server and Client to come back into a functional state.

Firstly regarding forum rules, I do sign systematically my posts, but looking at the forum page now, I see my signature, so is it something with the system?

As for the issue mentioned above, after a full re-install of both Server and Client, everything is now back to normal. The problem was due to the fact that when I started my Server, it did not inform me that there was an update, however the Client did. So installing the Client update only created the problem since both entities could not communicate anymore.

Problem solved on my side. Thanks.

Jean-Claude (added manually in addition to my saved signature)

23 minutes ago, Trinidad said:

Firstly regarding forum rules, I do sign systematically my posts, but looking at the forum page now, I see my signature, so is it something with the system?

Jean-Claude,

Yes, sorry, my mistake. Your signature appears normally. Maybe I was a bit distracted from other business.

As for the updating, it is not possible for us to verify why your server did not report the update. We always do a full test with the actual Servers and Clients to verify recognition of the coming updates. More important however is that you could solve the problem. Thanks for reporting.

Got it working again.  I did not get an update server msg either.  Followed the process above and it works.  Will make notes to update the server, client, and, rebuild databases..

Even with minor problems like this, I really like the product and would not want to fly without it.

After updating both  to build 106 version 2.1 server on pc , client on laptop, the client and server would not communicate with each other, other my network the problem I eventually found the port number was different on both halves,

the fix for me was to look in the client folder and in setting i found out the port number, then set this in the server app in settings and restart and it then worked. I hope this helps others.

regards

Derek

11 minutes ago, barrendrop said:

After updating both  to build 106 version 2.1 server on pc , client on laptop, the client and server would not communicate with each other, other my network the problem I eventually found the port number was different on both halves,

the fix for me was to look in the client folder and in setting i found out the port number, then set this in the server app in settings and restart and it then worked. I hope this helps others.

regards

Derek

Derek,

that sounds indeed a bit strange. We have to check that. Usually an update does not do anything to the port number. Only a full install does. Anyway thanks for reporting!

Hi Derek,

obviously you didn't update both components in the same way. It seems that you run the update for the Client but the complete install for the Server, or vice versa.

If you run the UPDATE, the port number remains the same as before, if you run the COMPLETE installer, the port number will be set to a new, higher number. In other words, either you run the UPDATE for both, or your run the COMPLETE installer for both, but not a mixed strategy.

Yes you are right, what happen was I started up my system to do anonline flight with 10 others, so when the message came up on server starting I said no, then the message came up again on starting the client on my laptop , again I said no to the update, as my golden rule dont change anythink before an online flight. After the flight shut down and then restarted the EFB server expecting it to ask me again  it didnt , but went into setting and select check for update and it then updated. Then started the client, its said it was checking for updates ,  but it didint find it , so stopped and did a manual download from your website and installed, thats how I ended up with different ports

you offer in tne client the option to reset the ip address why not add the option to check and change the port to that of the Server?

hope these notes help you develope the product , which I recommend to lots of simmers

regards

Derek

in the cleint if you select thte on/off button bottom left it brings up a panel and above the two swich off options is a server location button. My suggestion is on pressing this it gives you the option to change the port number to match that of the client if it has changed, stopping communications , as in my case

Derek

39 minutes ago, barrendrop said:

in the cleint if you select thte on/off button bottom left it brings up a panel and above the two swich off options is a server location button. My suggestion is on pressing this it gives you the option to change the port number to match that of the client if it has changed, stopping communications , as in my case

Derek

Derek,

No, you're mixing up two things. What you describe is the IP-Address of the Server, in case you use the Client on a Network. The TCP port number is something different. It is accessible through the Settings/System dialog. But still, whether working in a network configuration or not, the TCP port number must be equal on both Server and Client(s).

Hi Derek,

changing the port number must be done manually (it's kind of a "chicken-or-egg" dilemma) :

- If the port numbers are not identical, the communication cannot be established and therefore the port number cannot be automatically changed/synchronized on both sides (Client/Server).

- if the port numbers are identical and the communication works, there is no reason to change it