Version 1.3.0 is available now

As per today (March 11th, 2011) a new installation package version 1.3.0 is available from the download area. For all new installations please use this package.

Installations made prior to March 11th, 2011 based on binaries with versions equal to or lower than 1.2.1.* can be upgraded to 1.3.0 using the Update 1.3.0, which is also available from the download area.

Quick link to the download area:

http://www.aivlasoft.com/download/index.html

It is recommended to upgrade to this version 1.3.0.

For all questions concerning this update feel free to contact us either by postings in this forum or by e-mail to support@aivlasoft.com

Am downloading it now. :P Thanks for all the work that you & the beta testers have put in to this version.

Wycliffe has got me well excited about this update, I am glad it's now available for public release.

Thanks again,

Dave

This brand new 1.30.0 version looks really great with major improvements.

Merci et bravo Urs !

Just a question :

from the Ops manual page 65

"GASA = Geographic Area Safe Altitude:

The highest elevation within a square of 1° Latitude by 1° Longitude, rounded up to the next hundred, then

- if result <= 6000 ft, then a 1000 ft safety altitude buffer is added

- if result > 6000 ft, then a 2000 ft safety altitude buffer is added

- if result < 2000 ft, then 2000 ft as a minimum altitude is set"

the safety altitude buffer is added to what ? the highest elevation within the square to give the big figure that is appearing within the quare on the chart ?

Best regards

Jean-Louis,

The safety buffer is added to the "rounded up altitude"

So if a given sector has as its highest altitude 1436 feet, that would be rounded up to 1500 and then 1000 feet added to that giving 2500 -- 25

If the neighboring sector as its highest altitude 6341 feet, that would be rounded up to 6400 and then 2000 feet added to that giving 8400 -- 84

I hope that I have my sums correct....

Change Log, Version 1.3.0 (among them)

"* Better performance on the connection to SimConnect interface"

you bet ! I'm not sure if it's related, but I must admit the brand-new version is much much more stable !! at least for me !

no DP CTDs ! no frequent DU disconnexion !

Just a short-term constat I'm expecting to be true on the long-term. Wait and see...

bon travail Urs

What a great release! I love the VATSIM integration, the frequency strip and FSX automation, WAV file alarms for transition atitude, new controllers, etc., traffic display. What a home run.

Should have been version 2.X.

Brad,

Thank you for your kind words and support.

Final plans for EFB 2.0 are not yet set - several ideas are being discussed - but if and when it materializes it will bring a marked set of changes over the current version.

(And if anyone has ever read my posts, they should know that I tend to use qualifiers such as if quite frequently - little in life is ever guaranteeed.)

Regards,

What a great release! I love the VATSIM integration, the frequency strip and FSX automation, WAV file alarms for transition atitude, new controllers, etc., traffic display. What a home run.

Should have been version 2.X.

+1 ... a terrific upgrade and thanks very much.