Importing latest AIRAC

Juergen2

Hi,

I started the Data Base Builder in order to update the AIRAC from cycle 1802 to cycle 1807.

I imported the new cycle with the Navigraph MS Data Manager and pointed the installer to C:user>username>Documents>Aivlasoft>EFB2>Server>AIRAC>Navigraph FMS DATA. The new cycle is installed at that location (see screenshot), however it does not appear in the Data Base Builder so I can import the new cycle. The displayed cycle remains at AIRAC 1802. The manual only states this:

"Select the Navdata Provider of your choice on the top line. After its selection the installation path and the information for the available AIRAC Cycle is displayed.
The path to the Navdata files cannot be altered as it is part of the fixed data structure of the EFB v2 Server.
Press "Start Import" to activate the Creation/Update process of the EFB v2 Database."

Shouldn't the Cycle Information" display Cycle 1807???

https://www.flickr.com/photos/141330124@N05/shares/zH4544

Thanks

4 minutes ago, bobsk8 said:

Try downloading and running the manual install from here. That should fix it. https://www.navigraph.com/FmsDataManualInstall.aspx

I doubt that. The screenshot clearly shows that the proper database files for the 1807 cycle are installed. To be honest, I have no clue why this happens. I have also never seen this before. I have installed several Navdata updates without any problems. Urs will have to step in here. Just one hint that comes into my mind. Have you ever rebooted your computer after having installed the database? Don't get me wrong, there is no requirement to do so, but sometimes computers are like human beings: they need to be set back on firm grounds...?

43 minutes ago, lonewulf47 said:

I doubt that. The screenshot clearly shows that the proper database files for the 1807 cycle are installed. To be honest, I have no clue why this happens. I have also never seen this before. I have installed several Navdata updates without any problems. Urs will have to step in here. Just one hint that comes into my mind. Have you ever rebooted your computer after having installed the database? Don't get me wrong, there is no requirement to do so, but sometimes computers are like human beings: they need to be set back on firm grounds...?

Worked for me...If I remember there was something not right with the folder structure for the FMS Data and the installer fixed it.I ran into the exact same problem as the OP, and the manual install fixed it. YMMV. 

What I observed is that your folder posted in the screenshot was actually ..\AivlaSoft\EFB2\Server\AIRAC\Navigraph FMS Data\AIRAC\Navigraph FMS Data. So the AIRAC\Navigraph FMS Data was duplicated and the data put in a folder two layers too deep. This is most probably an issue of the path setting in the Navigraph client.

Hi Jonas,

You are correct. The Navigraph FMS Data Manager creates two folders : AIRAC and Navigraph FMS Data. So when pointing Navigraph to the EFB2 it duplicated these directories again.

So I just pointed Navigraph Data Manager up to : C:documents>Aivlasoft>EFB2>Server and it created a folder AIRAC and subfolder Navigraph FMS Data. Now the AIRAC is correct and I was able to update.

Thanks for help

2 hours ago, Mr. ATC said:

What I observed is that your folder posted in the screenshot was actually ..\AivlaSoft\EFB2\Server\AIRAC\Navigraph FMS Data\AIRAC\Navigraph FMS Data. So the AIRAC\Navigraph FMS Data was duplicated and the data put in a folder two layers too deep. This is most probably an issue of the path setting in the Navigraph client.

That is what I referred to by saying that the folder structure was wrong when using the Navigraph Installer. Using the Manual installer puts the files in the correct location.