P3D V3/V4 Scenery located at add-ons.cfg / scenery_add-ons.xml

Sorry, the link was faulty. My apologizes. Thanks for your reports.

I have fixed it in the original post, and here I post it again: AivlaSoft EFB Update 1.6.10

IMPORTANT: This update is only required, if you run Prepar3D v4 and you already have version 1.6.8 of EFB installed on your computer. If you run the update, always update both components, the DisplayUnit and the DataProvider.

@Ali,

please make sure the requirements are fulfilled when you run the update. From the screenshot I can see that the file "Microsoft.FlightSimulator.SimConnect.dll" was not found.

@benjoglove,

According to the forum rules, please sign your posts with your real first name. Thanks.

1) After running the update, start the DataProvider and update the simulator folders as follows:

Data Provider Settings P3D v4.png

IMPORTANT: Every now and then I see on other screenshots, that the 'flight plan folder' is not properly set. This folder is the folder where Prepar3D is expecting its flight plans. This is not the folder where EFB stores its flight plans. So please do not mistake ...

2) Now run the scenery data update from the DataProviders "Data" menu.

That's it.

On 6/13/2017 at 4:54 AM, aivlasoft said:

IMPORTANT: This update is only required, if you run Prepar3D v4 and you already have version 1.6.8 of EFB installed on your computer. If you run the update, always update both components, the DisplayUnit and the DataProvider.

Everything is working well on my system.

Windows 10, P3D v4, FSDT, Flightbeam, LatinVFR, VATSIM

Thank you VERY much for the fast update.

Bob

@all

I have to apologize, but I have just realized that the installer for the update 1.6.9 1.6.10 which I have posted some days before, contains wrong/old flight plan handlers.

I have created a new installer (link below) which now provides the latest flight plan handlers.

For all who already have applied this previous update, It is recommended to re-download this new installer and run it again.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Corrected update 1.6.10

Hi, I have installed the 1.6.9 update (both versions) and am experiencing a problem with the Data Provider program and Imaginesim's KLGA.

The Data Provider doesn't appear to be picking up the KLGA scenery folder when running the "Scenery simulator data update" (is there a log file produced to confirm as the scenery entries display extremely quickly when running this update?). As a result, the aircraft position isn't showing correctly on the Display Unit ground chart.

Please find below the entries in the relevant config files:

C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\add-ons.cfg

[Package.1]
PATH=I:\P3Dv4 Add-on Scenery\Imagine Simulation\KLGA LaGuardia 2016 P3Dv4\
TITLE=Imagine Simulation KLGA2_PD4
ACTIVE=true
REQUIRED=false

I:\P3Dv4 Add-on Scenery\Imagine Simulation\KLGA LaGuardia 2016 P3Dv4\add-on.xml

<SimBase.Document Type="AddOnXml" version="4,0" id="add-on">
  <AddOn.Name>Imagine Simulation - KLGA LaGuardia 2016 V3.0</AddOn.Name>
  <AddOn.Description>Scenery for airport KLGA LaGuardia 2016 by Imagine Simulation</AddOn.Description>
  <AddOn.Component>
    <Category>Scenery</Category>
    <Path>I:\P3Dv4 Add-on Scenery\Imagine Simulation\KLGA LaGuardia 2016 P3Dv4\scenery</Path>
    <Name>Imagine Simulation - KLGA LaGuardia 2016 V3.0</Name>
  </AddOn.Component>
  <AddOn.Component>
    <Category>Scenery</Category>
    <Path>I:\P3Dv4 Add-on Scenery\Imagine Simulation\KLGA LaGuardia 2016 P3Dv4\scenery2FS\scenery</Path>
    <Name>Imagine Simulation - KLGA LaGuardia 2016 V3.0 Elevation</Name>
    <Layer>2</Layer>
  </AddOn.Component>
  <AddOn.Component>
    <Category>Texture</Category>
    <Path>I:\P3Dv4 Add-on Scenery\Imagine Simulation\KLGA LaGuardia 2016 P3Dv4\texture</Path>
    <Type>GLOBAL</Type>
  </AddOn.Component>
</SimBase.Document>

KLGA.JPG

Please can you check if there may be a reason the Data Provider isn't reading this scenery and/or if there is a way to definitely verify whether it is reading it or not.

Many thanks,

Dennis

*** UPDATE 20/06/2017 ***: Moved add-on.xml to a newly created LaGuardia folder under "C:\Users\denni\Documents\Prepar3D v4 Add-ons", updated the path in add-ons.cfg and all working correctly now.

I have updated my prepar3 v4 with all the recommendations as per this thread (latest 1.6.9). EFB works, with the exception of FlyTampa cyyz (see attached files). I also have FlyTampa Dubai omdb installed, and it works fine with EFB. CYYZ is install in the same location as OMDB within the Prepar3 v4 directorys. Any ideas, many thanks

6-18-2017 3-25-25 PM.jpg

6-18-2017 3-26-22 PM.jpg

6-18-2017 3-26-48 PM.jpg

On 6/19/2017 at 7:17 AM, aivlasoft said:

@all

I have to apologize, but I have just realized that the installer for the update 1.6.9 which I have posted some days before, contains wrong/old flight plan handlers.

I have created a new installer (link below) which now provides the latest flight plan handlers.

For all who already have applied this previous update, It is recommended to re-download this new installer and run it again.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Corrected update 1.6.9

Hello Urs,

since i updated to this build, i got the following error if i try to start DataProvider (first run after Update was fine!)

mvHxbhKPTmOOlHmjPWxgMg.png

See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.Net.Sockets.SocketException (0x80004005): Only one usage of each socket address (protocol/network address/port) is normally permitted
   at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.DoBind(EndPoint endPointSnapshot, SocketAddress socketAddress)
   at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.Bind(EndPoint localEP)
   at System.Net.Sockets.TcpListener.Start(Int32 backlog)
   at er.b(IPEndPoint A_0)
   at h6.a(h7 A_0)
   at fe.e()
   at fe.a(Object A_0, EventArgs A_1)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Timer.OnTick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Timer.TimerNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
    Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 4.7.2098.0 built by: NET47REL1LAST
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
AivlaSoft.Efb.DataProvider
    Assembly Version: 1.6.9.24032
    Win32 Version: 1.6.9.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/AivlaSoft/EFB/AivlaSoft.Efb.DataProvider.exe
System.Windows.Forms
    Win32 Version: 4.7.2094.0 built by: NET47REL1LAST
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System
    Win32 Version: 4.7.2093.0 built by: NET47REL1LAST
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Drawing
    Win32 Version: 4.7.2046.0 built by: NET47REL1
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
Castle.Windsor
    Assembly Version: 3.3.0.0
    Win32 Version: 3.3.0.2412
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/AivlaSoft/EFB/Castle.Windsor.DLL
AivlaSoft.Efb.Common
    Assembly Version: 1.6.9.24032
    Win32 Version: 1.6.9.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/AivlaSoft/EFB/AivlaSoft.Efb.Common.DLL
DevExpress.Utils.v15.1
    Assembly Version: 15.1.5.0
    Win32 Version: 15.1.5.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/AivlaSoft/EFB/DevExpress.Utils.v15.1.DLL
Castle.Core
    Assembly Version: 3.3.0.0
    Win32 Version: 3.3.3.2300
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/AivlaSoft/EFB/Castle.Core.DLL
Desaware.MachineLicense40
    Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 2.0.5.2
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/AivlaSoft/EFB/Desaware.MachineLicense40.DLL
System.Core
    Win32 Version: 4.7.2098.0 built by: NET47REL1LAST
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll
System.Configuration
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
System.Xml
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
DevExpress.Data.v15.1
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/AivlaSoft/EFB/DevExpress.Data.v15.1.DLL
DevExpress.XtraEditors.v15.1
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/AivlaSoft/EFB/DevExpress.XtraEditors.v15.1.DLL
System.Data
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_32/System.Data/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Data.dll
DevExpress.XtraGrid.v15.1
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/AivlaSoft/EFB/DevExpress.XtraGrid.v15.1.DLL
System.ComponentModel.DataAnnotations
    Win32 Version: 4.7.2046.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.ComponentModel.DataAnnotations/v4.0_4.0.0.0__31bf3856ad364e35/System.ComponentModel.DataAnnotations.dll
DevExpress.XtraBars.v15.1
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/AivlaSoft/EFB/DevExpress.XtraBars.v15.1.DLL
Microsoft.VisualBasic
    Assembly Version: 10.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 14.7.2046.0 built by: NET47REL1
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.VisualBasic/v4.0_10.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.VisualBasic.dll
System.Xml.Linq
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml.Linq/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.Linq.dll
System.Security
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Security/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Security.dll
System.Management
    Win32 Version: 4.7.2096.0 built by: NET47REL1LAST
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Management/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Management.dll
Microsoft.GeneratedCode
    Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
UIAutomationClient
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/UIAutomationClient/v4.0_4.0.0.0__31bf3856ad364e35/UIAutomationClient.dll
UIAutomationTypes
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/UIAutomationTypes/v4.0_4.0.0.0__31bf3856ad364e35/UIAutomationTypes.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
    <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

@Dennis

Thanks for the update. I thought it was because of the two 'scenery' nodes within one add-on.xml.

The 'scenery data update' writes a logfile where you can see all the paths which have been read while creating the database. The logfile is located in the following folder: C:\Users\[username]\Documents\AivlaSoft\EFB\Logfiles

@mlgerson

I guess that the error you have reported is caused by the navigation data. Please update to the latest revision 3 of the 1706 cycle.

BTW, as per the forum rules please sign your post with your real first name. Thanks.

@Volker

it looks like another program is using the same TCP-port number as the DataProvider is using. I have no idea what programs are running on your computer, but you must make sure that not two programs are using the same port-number at the same time. I'm fairly confident that it has nothing to do with the EFB update.

• 2 weeks later...

I am using the updated EFB 1.6.10.26312 along with P3D v4 in a Windows 7 install and I am getting 0 airports along with the error of "P3D scenery.cfg not found."  My installation and scenery.cfg folder are set to C:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4.  I have tried using the update and the full install of EFB.  There is no scenery.cfg in my P3D v4 folder at all, but from what I'm seeing it's not supposed to.  I'm probably doing something wrong, so hoping you guys can help.  P.S.  I absolutely love this program and can't imagine flying without it!

Hi,

My installation and scenery.cfg folder are set to C:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4.

The scenery folder should be:    C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4

BTW, as per the forum rules, please sign your posts with your real first name. Thanks.

7 hours ago, aivlasoft said:

Hi,

The scenery folder should be:    C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4

BTW, as per the forum rules, please sign your posts with your real first name. Thanks.

Thanks for correcting my problem.  I'm not sure how I missed this.  Perhaps it's been a bit hectic around here.

Best Regards,

Eugenio

Oliver Binder (LORBY-SI) wrote a free scenery config management utility called P3D Addon Organizer...as I read it, one of the features of that program is the ability to synthesize a unified scenery.cfg file from both the addon-xml and scenery.cfg file structures and export it to a scenery.cfg file for use by external programs.  This exported scenery.cfg is what the latest version of Pete Dowson's MakeRunways utility uses as input to capture the sceneries that use the new P3Dv4 xml format.  I wonder if it would work the same with the Aivlasoft EFB--e.g. write out a unified scenery.cfg file with Oliver's utility, then point the EFB to that. (?)

Regards

Bob Scott

Hi Bob,

thank you for this information. It sounds like this tool does the same that EFB 1.6.10 does.  The difference is that EFB does not create a new scenery.cfg, it is all done internally. I guess that the result would be the same if you synthesize a new scenery.cfg and point the DataProvider to that file. Why not give it a try. You can't lose anything, except a little time.

Bob / Urs,

I have P3D v3.4 but this version uses the same structure as v4. I have Lordy's utility (v0.99) and have most of the FlightBeam and FSDT scenery packages.

I have just run the utility to generate a scenery.cfg from both the existing scenery.cfg and the two add-ons.cfg. The process generated a combined scenery.cfg but unfortunately the FSDT and FlightBeam entries also include the word scenery which makes the path invalid. You only have to point to the parent folder, not the scenery sub-folder.

I edited and saved scenery.cfg to remove \scenery from the relevant entries, saved it and then ran the database builder in EFB. That completed without encountering any problems for the FSDT and FB airports and positioning my aircraft at several gates showed the EFB map to be perfectly aligned. I then completed the process by recovering the original scenery.cfg.

I'll ask Lordy about that path and see what he says.