Prepar3D v3?

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Sydney,

I have not yet installed P3D v3 so I cannot say which version is required. Did you have a look at the support site of Lockheed Martin already? I'm sure they can tell you which version of SimConnect is required and where you can get the installer for it.

• 2 weeks later...

I got it to install into P3D v3.  But when I have loaded a flight plan and I am at an airport; when I click on the aircraft icon to center the map on the aircraft it does not show the aircraft in the correct location.  I seem to be displaced.  Correct airport but incorrect location..

Since I was the op I think it's correct to post that I've performed now a few very successful flights with P3Dv3 and EFB 1.65

Don't know why but I had no need to manually install any simconnect package (maybe it was installed by one of the other addons/utilities?)

• 3 weeks later...

Having used EFB in Prepar3D V3.0 for almost a month now the only issue I have is the Off Blocks time in the Flight Log. This seems to be automatically completed once the sim launches, not when I actually release the parking brake. I thought it might initially be associated with the Majestic Dash 8 but I've also noticed it now on PMDG and Aerosoft products.

Still does not stop me using this excellent software to it's full potential, in my opninion one of best flightsim addons. Roll on V2.0.

Ken

Just moved over to P3d v3 and for the most part the EFB works fine. Is anyone else able to get the traffic to show on the map? I have it configured and ATC shows up but the Traffic Icon on the moving map is greyed out for me.

Just wondering if this is the EFB itself or a configuration setting on my computer.

Thanks

I am looking form the same answers. Could someone (anyone) having EFB working with Prepar3d v3 tell me the path for:

1. Flight Plan folder

2. Installation folder

I understand some of you have EFB working. Please share ypour success!

Thank yopu

Michael

Hi Marco,

no, I have not yet thought about it. It's too early, nothing could have been tested so far.

as important and comprehensive as Aivlasoft is to the flying community, I find it utterly astounding that you had not been included as a beta tester.

chas

• 5 weeks later...

Have anyone tried it in P3D v 3.1? 

I used to have it installed in FSX, but before installing it in P3D, I would like to be sure it doesn't mess it up.

If anything's change with regards to paths etc. an easy A-b-c of how to install it correctly will be greatly appreciated.

Sincerly

Jorn Lundtoft

I have just uninstalled P3D 2.5 and now uninstalled version 3.1.

I uninstalled all my add on's including Aivlasoft EFB.

Now having installed EFB again I cannot find the Aivlasoft/Navigraph FMS DATA folder which includes SIDS/STARS etc.

Therefore I cannot update my Navigraph cycle data.

Help would be greatly appreciated.

Is anyone else having an issue w/ EFB and P3D v3.1 where ground speed of VATSIM traffic is not correct even though Data field used for ground speed indication set to Ground speed (GS) in the Traffic tab under Charts?

The speeds indicated in EFB are way off.

Regards,

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I am really having problems getting EFB and P3D v 3.1 to work together, and hope someone can point out my errors.

I have completely uninstalled FSX.  I uninstalled EFB and downloaded and installed the latest version of EFB (1.7 I think?) into P3D

These are the paths that are set in the data provider settings:

Installation folder:       C:\Program Files (x86)\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3

Flight plan folder:        C:\Users\Steve\Documents\Prepar3D v3 Files

Scenery.cfg folder:      C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3

Navigation Data:         C:\Users\Steve\Documents\AivlaSoft\EFB\Navdata\Navigraph FMS Data

I have Navigraph FMS Data Manager and tired to use it to update to the current AIRAC, but it still shows 2013 cycle

When I start the display unit and try to load a flight plan, I get an error message stating:

"Create route from flightplan: Origin airport with ICAO code "xxxx" is not available in FSX"  with xxx standing for an airport (KDEN in this case).

I use PFPX to export the flight plan to the aircraft, TOPCAT and apparently not to EFB, even though it is showing it was exported.

Obviously something is messed up up my configuration.  I really loved having EFB with FSX and would like ti to play well with P3D v3.1

Thanks in advance for help, and I am definitely not programming savvy.

Thanks,

Steve