Prepar3D v3?

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

{sound of manuals having been updated}

We have not yet tested P3D3, so we cannot say that EFB 1.6.5 will or will not recognize Prepar3d v3 specifically.  EFB is not aware of P3D3, so I would guess that it would not.

We have been working on Win 10 and FSX:SE issues the past few weeks, and we would like to launch 1.6.5 asap for those customers who have been waiting for a new version.

I anticipate us installing P3D3 within a week or two - when this does happen we will post in the forum.

If EFB work is needed, it should be likely that within a few weeks a newer version of EFB 1.6 will be available that would work with P3D3.

Regards,

Hi Urs, Travis

Just changed some settings in the DP, Build 1.6.3 on Windows 10 Pro x64 IP Build 10547, to reflect path to P3D v3 and then rebuilt the EFB database (Simulator Scenery Data Update in the DP).

Hope this does not in any way infringe on terms of use.

P3Dv3_22.jpg

Have a great day 

Regards

Pauga

Pauga,

Thank you kindly for your post - we do not yet have P3D3, so we have not yet tested EFB with it, so we are very happy to read of your success.

Hope this does not in any way infringe on terms of use.

No - it does not!!!  You and everyone is free and welcome to use EFB with any flight simulator.

If anyone could manage to have EFB work with any other flight simulator, we would be most happy to know of it.

We can only claim that EFB will work with the simulators which we have made EFB work with....

(Btw, KVPS is in "my old stomping grounds" - hope you had a good flight there!)

Regards,

Thank you Travis and understood.

EFB is making things so much easier. KVPS is pretty much default base for now, getting to explore that part of the USA.

Wx though was overcast on the day

KVPS3.jpg

Keep well and have a great week

Thanks again to the Team for a great tool

Regards

Pauga

Hello,

I recently bought P3D V3.

This Simulator does not work with Aivlasoft EFB

When I run the scenery simulator data update I get this message : "Warning - P3D Sbenery.cfg not found"

What can I do ?

Regards

Gérard

Hi Gérard,

This Simulator does not work with Aivlasoft EFB

I guess that the problem on your system is different, because ...

I get this message : "Warning - P3D Sbenery.cfg not found"

You have to verify/update the path settings in the DataProviders settings dialog. Make sure the path to the scenery.cfg is set correct.

Hi Gérard,

I guess that the problem on your system is different, because ...

You have to verify/update the path settings in the DataProviders settings dialog. Make sure the path to the scenery.cfg is set correct.

And exactly where you tell the Data Provider were Scenery.cfg is.  the only options i can see are the one to save flight data and the nav data information. I don't see an option to tell him where the scenery is.. (new to efb) 

Hi Urs,

Thanks for your quick answer.

I looked in the DataProviders settings dialog but I see nothing for indicate the path to the scenery.cfg

Can you describe to me the exact path toward the dialog box so that I indicates the path of  scenery.cfg in P3D V3 ?

Regards.

Gérard

rharrisa1.  .  presume you never had P3D 2.4 or 2.5 - - as with them, the scenery.cfg is now in C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3. Point the data provider to it there.  it's been there since last version or two.  but if you are new to v3, you'd better also read up about folder changes - and note ALL the .cfg's are in that folder as well . . .   RTFM as they say   ;-)

Thanks for that, yeah, I had a total brain fade!

I had P3D 2.5 set up sweet as for ages and not having to touch or adjust anything I was a bit rusty. Then last week my main drive died and I installed a 1TB SSD with fresh everything and am now trying to get things back the way they were with nothing to refer too. 

Once again, thanks for the help.

hello,

I'm in P3Dv3 too now. Just tried to install EFB but there is no folder Aivlasoft created into the Sim. I remember that in 2.5 there were a folder Aivlasoft in the sim, wasn't there? Because of that I can't use the dataprovider (I can't fullfill the settings) and the Navigraph updater can't do its work too. How can I install this in the right way?

thanks Kai

Hello Guys,

I am trying to install Aivlasoft efb the latest version with Prepar3d V3 but getting to much confused regards to the folders, In the past i had Prepar3d v2.5 and Aivlasoft efb worked perfectly fine.

Need to know 2 things please

1.Navigation FMS Data folder

2. When i am updating the latest Airac Cycle what should be the path for me to insatll the Cycle.

Hope it makes sence as this is driving me crazy.

Your help will be richly appreciated.

Tariq

Tariq,

it's a very flexible system, indeed. It depends on the folder that you selected when you ran the Navigraph installer. Independent of where you have installed the AIRAC cycle, you have to select the corresponding folder in the DataProviders settings.

Here, in the FAQs, you will find some further and detailed information about it: http://aivlasoft.ipbhost.com/index.php?/topic/1740-installing-airac-cycle-folder-settings/

HI Urs,

Thanks for your reply regarding this matter about installing Aivlasoft efb with Prepar3d v3, I am trying to find out where will be the Airac Cycles should be installed, I mean latest cycles 1511, which folder  i am so confused.

I am running windows 7 64 Proffessional

Prepare3d V3

Aivla soft efb 1.6.5.

I appreciate your help and support.

Regards

Tariq