Error Message: A/C is not located at nearest suitable airport. Switch Profile Filter off

AllenJ

"A/C is not located at nearest suitable airport. Switch Profile Filter off"

The message is received when opening client at EBBR (Aerosoft) in MSFS2020.

I am using the Fenix A320

I can't find any place where I can't actually switch off a profile.

I can find a place to edit profile data.

It also happens at EDDW. It appears only to happen with the Fenix A320.

I am using the default Airbus A320-200 profile.

Sometimes, the airport map will not show but I can then change to a different view and return then the map will appear.

Your comments/advice would be appreciated,

Hi,

[quote]I can't find any place where I can't actually switch off a profile.[/quote]

Nobody is askig you to switch off A PROFILE, but the PROFILE FILTER. This switch can be found here:

Prof_Filter.png.fcbcf28fa570f90ebd7006e4df107e37.png

As for the generated message, it seems that there are two airports "on top of each other". if the message appears, please check, which airport ICAO and name is indicated at the top and report. In the case of EBBR Brussels it will most probably be EBMB Melsbroek AB. For EDDW I have no idea, but it is still possible that a military ICAO Code is also located for this airport.

Here is the fix for such rare occurrences, where two airports (ICAO Codes) are "on top uf each other".

1. Locate the file "BglSceneryExcludeMsfs.txt" in the following path (default installation): "C:\Users\User\Documents\AivlaSoft\EFB2\Server\DbBuilder\Base"

2. Open this file with a text editor

3. At the lower end add the following line: airport:EBMB

4. Save the file an you should be done

See Screenshot below of an example entry. There is actually no necessity to add an empty line before the new entry like in the sample below.. It's just made for clarity, to separate new entries from older ones.

Airport_entry.png.027def7414e7d2cd70a3d2830ffd4dc4.png

Please note however that EBMB will never again be available as airport within EFB. This lockout is necessary as the two airports are far too close to each other. The same procedure will be necessary for an ICAO Code showing up at EDDW. Just add another line as described above.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

Thanks. I understand, but this technique just seems to be an additional filter in the config, which would alleviate the issue in XPlane as well.  BTW, despite competitors, few products rival AivlasoftEFB, but there are some features others have that would be great here too.  Thanks for the software, I use it every day.

• 2 months later...