Client no longer able to load the selected profile!

Hello everyone, I update both, client and server software with Build #132the and the selected profile is not longer kept. It goes back to "Default Profile" instead.

I have had this problem before in the past and I was able to solve it by creating a new profile from scratch keeping in mind the .air file name. But now nothing happens!

Is there something else I should try please? In addition, the ETA filed along with the others is not computing accurately. It goes backguards, instead of telling how much distance is left for the arrival , it keep adding the distance...

Can you help out please?

Thank you,

Rolando George BalzarettI

Hi Rolando

I have no idea what's going wrong on your side because build #132 has absolutely nothing to do with aircraft profiles. Does the Client not automatically select the correct profile according to the currently running aircraft in the simulator, or did you manually select a profile and the Client does not load this profile instead of loading the default profile?

If the distance remaining is increasing then you most probably have not properly passed a waypoint (properly means 'within a radius of 3 NM'). You can re-sync the logic by selecting your next waypoint in front of you via the 'Direct-To' function.

Although the Airplane Profile automatically loads any of the other planes I fly (ex: JustFlight PA28R Arrow III - ASOBO TBM930) still does not do it for the PMDG DC-6B,

No matter what I tried, nothing really works, I even tried to edit the xml file and see what's in it, but no luck.

Anyway, this is what I did in trying to solve the PMDG DC-6B not loading.
1. Uninstalled both Server & Client.

2. Removed all folders from documents and program files directories and boot the computer.

3 Install the Server software.

4. Update the software data through Navigraph Data Manager.

5. Ran the DBBuilder.

6. Installed the Client.

That was it!

I certainly do not have any further clue as to what to try next. Can you help out please?

One final question. Would it make any difference to have from now on the Default Profile loaded instead.

Thank you,

Rolando George Balzaretti   

Hi Rolando,

did you check that the profile has the correct call-up name (airfile name) for the MSFS PMDG DC-6 ? See attached example. It may be missing in the default profile. It was however discussed in this forum a few times.

DC6_01.png.10e2d89bb14be3f80ac161bbe3bada1c.png

Please note that the MSFS PMDG DC-6 airfile name does not distinguish between the 6A and the 6B model. Both have the same airfile name "dc6". In addition to that please make sure that the airfile name "dc6" is only entered in ONE of the two profiles. No two profiles must have the same airfile name.

Hi Oskar,

Thank you much for your expert reply!

By following your indications as well as editing the DC6.profile.XLM file accordingly, I was able to load, once and for all, the DC6 profile successfully.

I also read the other posts on the issue  and learned a few things on this subject. 

Once again, I am very grateful for your help and support.

Cordially,

Rolando George Balzaretti