Request for new sound event

RayProudfoot

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Urs,

Thanks for adding my request to the latest release. I'm not hearing the sound played when 10nm from ToD. I have "Allow sounds to be played" checked and in the lower-right of the flight plan window I assume Play Sound ticked with 10 entered is the distance before ToD. But no doorbell wav is audible.

Have I missed something?

5 minutes ago, RayProudfoot said:

Hi Urs,

Thanks for adding my request to the latest release. I'm not hearing the sound played when 10nm from ToD. I have "Allow sounds to be played" checked and in the lower-right of the flight plan window I assume Play Sound ticked with 10 entered is the distance before ToD. But no doorbell wav is audible.

Have I missed something?

Hi Ray,

Here it works perfectly. Have you added your desired sound in the Settings Dialog/Tab "Sound"....

sound.png.2caf98768cbc9ab6d6e224bc4e5b55b2.png

and also enabled "Vertical Guidance) in the respective Aircraft Profile?

Sound_1.png.8d16244b10c315a116fa84cd2ba812ee.png

I'm sorry Oskar but it's definitely not playing the wav at 10 before ToD. I manually adjusted the distance and tried it several times but no joy. Strangely it did play on passing one waypoint but that was well before ToD and didn't play at the next waypoint.

I run the Client on a separate PC. Might that be an issue? Other sounds play okay though.

33 minutes ago, RayProudfoot said:

I'm sorry Oskar but it's definitely not playing the wav at 10 before ToD. I manually adjusted the distance and tried it several times but no joy. Strangely it did play on passing one waypoint but that was well before ToD and didn't play at the next waypoint.

I run the Client on a separate PC. Might that be an issue? Other sounds play okay though.

Well, that's strange as I don't have any problem with that. I have two setups, one with one sinlge coputer and one with the Client on a remote computer. Both systems play the sound normally. Be advised that for sound control on the remote computer you might need to adjust the sound volume on the WINDOWS loudspeaker symbol. To check inflight there's a small trick:

Wait until you are clearly within the 10 min distance (for a Jet typically closer than 60-80 NM to regular TOD) and then trigger the "adj CRZ ALT" at the RSB. This will recalculate the distance and play the sound again, even when it has been played before. So you can replay the sound as many times as you want to eventually adjust the sound volume.

47 minutes ago, RayProudfoot said:

Oskar,

10 minute distance??? I thought it was a nautical mile distance. That might explain the problem. If you look at my request at the top I asked for a sound xx miles before ToD, not xx minutes.

Well, we choose to make it a certain time instead a distance. That's why the legend also mentions "play sound XX minutes before T/D"😀 As the main criterion for a warning before TOD is preparation time, it is not so terribly unlogical to make it a time😉... Just take it more narrowly, say 2 min, and you're - depending on the A/C in use - some 10 to 14 NM before TOD.

2 minutes ago, lonewulf47 said:

Well, we choose to make it a certain time instead a distance. That's why the legend also mentions "play sound XX minutes before T/D"😀 As the main criterion for a warning before TOD is preparation time, it is not so terribly unlogical to make it a time😉... Just take it more narrowly, say 2 min, and you're - depending on the A/C in use - some 10 to 14 NM before TOD.

That went straight over my head. 🤣  I’ll test tomorrow with a suitable setting. I’m sure the label in the flight plan window said nm, not minutes. I’ll check tomorrow.