Outdated ILS 16L Aerosoft Rome Fiumicino

RayProudfoot

By “scenery” do you mean the default BGL that covers that airport? I believe so as I downloaded and installed the World Navaids package from this site.

https://www.aero.sors.fr/navaids3.html

But even assuming I hadn’t the Rome scenery should take priority, surely. I loaded the AFD in the Rome\scenery folder and the ILS is the correct one. But EFB disagrees.

Are you seeing the same?

Ray,

The presenty valid ILS fequency for LIRF RWY 16L is 108.10MHz, which is correct in EFB2 with the present AIRAC Cycle 2013. If it disagrees with your Scenery (Aerosoft I guess?) then your scenery's BGL is holding the wrong value. EFB2 is comparing the data from EFB2's AIRAC Cycle with the data from the scenery. As far as default scenery is concerned, the update with Hervé Sors' navaid update is correcting the default navaid frequencies, but not the Add-On's. Add-Ons must be corrected by either the user with a suitable tool or by the developer of the respective scenery. There is no other way. Don't forget to run the DbBuilder whenever you changed anything within the data structure of our simulator.

Oskar,

That frequency in my first post is taken from the AFD in the Aerosoft \Rome\scenery folder. This is totally perplexing. Displaying the Airport data in the Client confirms that. I’ll need to check things again tomorrow.

I know that site I linked to is only for default scenery. I’m using ADE to check the frequencies.

Ray,

I just downloaded the most recent version of Aerosoft's LIRF Rone Fiumicino. The ILS 16L indeed shows the correct frequency, however the ID is not yet updated. It must be IFLL iso FLL and furthermore the CAT III entry is missing.

Try the AFD BGL here:

LIRF_AF.bgl

And all will be correct. Don't forget to run the DbBuilder after copying tht BGL into the scenery path of your LIRF installation.

Hi again Oskar,

I appreciate it's not relevant to the ILS issue but one thing has always bugged me about LIRF from Aerosoft. Why is every gate defined as General Aviation with a few as Cargo? Is it to prevent default airport traffic interfering with GSX vehicles? I don't have that problem at other airports with normally defined parking positions.

Do you know if Rwy 25 is used for departures? I know 07 isn't but if winds are from the west 25 seems an obvious choice. Surely better than them having to cope with crosswinds if 16R or 16L are used. 16L especially as it's a long taxi.

6 hours ago, RayProudfoot said:

Hi again Oskar,

I appreciate it's not relevant to the ILS issue but one thing has always bugged me about LIRF from Aerosoft. Why is every gate defined as General Aviation with a few as Cargo? Is it to prevent default airport traffic interfering with GSX vehicles? I don't have that problem at other airports with normally defined parking positions.

As to my knowledge all these "phantom" RWYs as used to control AI traffic taxi movements on the airport. But for details you might need to ask the designers.

Do you know if Rwy 25 is used for departures? I know 07 isn't but if winds are from the west 25 seems an obvious choice. Surely better than them having to cope with crosswinds if 16R or 16L are used. 16L especially as it's a long taxi.

By the time I was regularly doing airline flights from and to FCO, RWY25 was the main RWY for departures, especially north- and westbound. I must however admit that I do not have any knowldge about the today's RWY regime, as due to any unknown reason this may have changed. Nevertheless RWY 25 or 34 are always a good option to keep down taxi time...😀

Thanks Oskar, bizarre way to control Ai. It’s an Aerosoft airport so there’s no chance of discussing the AFCAD with the developer. A new version of Rome is coming. Hopefully we’ll have some parking gates for civilian airliners.

I’ll check Rwy25 can be used for departures, thanks.