magdec.bgl

gsumner

Yes, correct. This will update the magdec.bgl in P3Dv5 (...scenery\base\scenery). After updating the magdec.bgl, you should not forget to rebuild the database (Function "Update Simulator"), so the new magdec.bgl will be considered in the EFB database.

4 minutes ago, KiloJuliett said:

Where would you copy it to? Just make sure you run the Database Builder after you updated the file in your sim. EFB will consider all the data your flight sim "knows".

I would copy it here :-

C:\Users\**USER**\Documents\AivlaSoft\EFB2\Server\DbBuilder\Base

Where a copy of it already exists that may need replacing. Im sure you must have a copy on your machine.

My hardware sim runs over several computers. Each sim avionics computer has a nav data folder which must contain the same magdec.bgl or things go weird.

Im just checking this copy doesn't need updating too

Graham

1 hour ago, gsumner said:

I would copy it here :-

C:\Users\**USER**\Documents\AivlaSoft\EFB2\Server\DbBuilder\Base

Where a copy of it already exists that may need replacing. Im sure you must have a copy on your machine.

My hardware sim runs over several computers. Each sim avionics computer has a nav data folder which must contain the same magdec.bgl or things go weird.

Im just checking this copy doesn't need updating too

Graham

No Graham,

This copy of magdec.bgl is not used for MS-based simulators. For these always the magdec.bgl of the respective simulator is used. The copy of magdec.bgl you mentioned in the **\EFB2\Server\DbBuilder\Base is exclusively used for X-Plane as X-Plane does not provide this kind of a magdec table. So in short - you don't need to update it. It does however also not cause any trouble if you do so, as I explained before. it is definitely NOT used in the DataBuilding Process for MS-Based simulators (FSX, P3D). HTH.