P3D will Sync, Xplane will not

I am running Xplane and P3D on my PC with the server installed.  I keep the client installed on an accompanying laptop.  I can use the EFB2 no problem with P3D.  It works great.  I have a database for each sim.  I have deleted and removed the X-plane database several times and recreated it.  No errors at all.   But when I run the Xplane database, the client will time out after the airports are sent.  Airways says it is a 0.0kb file and nothing happens after that.  It times out. 

serverLogfile.txt

Brian Smith

X-Plane 11.4

Version 2.1 Build #118

networked

licensed

Hi ??? (please observe our Forum Rules)

I cannot duplicate such behaviour. Here the data for X-Plane is perfectly synched. There is no entr for airways. It's more likely that you refer to the aispaces.bin which is correct at 0.0 kb.

What do you mean by "the client will time out"? How is this displayed? If the Client is affected, of course the Client's Logfiles would be more helpful. Neverhteless whenver possible use the Support Files Routine for either Server or Client or both.

2 minutes ago, lonewulf47 said:

Please again, send a support file, not a single line from a logfile.

I literally just copied and pasted the exact same text from the support file I attached above trying to answer your question by reading the file for you.  Sorry.  I will attach the entiire file again

serverLogfile.txt

Brian Smith

X-Plane 11.4

Version 2.1 Build #118

networked

licensed

Sorry, Brian,

I'm still talking about the Support Files, not the LogFiles. In one of the messages above I posted a link to our FAQ, where creation of Support Files Is described. Support files contain more contextual information than just logfiles. In this case both Support Files for Server and Client would be helpful.

Hi Brian,

there are several issues logged but overall it seems to me that there is a bottleneck with the network. Every time when the Server is sending the file airports.bin.zip to the Client, after a certain time, a timeout is logged. That means that the network is not capable of transporting the file within a certain time frame. Are you running a WLAN or a cabled LAN?. If it's WLAN, would it be possible to do a test with a cabled connection?

I also have to mention that the performance of the Client laptop and the Server computer are probably at the lower edge of what would be perfect. Try to reduce the number of simultaneous running programs on both of these computers to allow more CPU time for the Client and Server.

I'm pretty sure it has nothing to do with the update #118. There must be another cause for that, most likely and by coincidence at the same time as the update took place. If it were the update then all users would complain about it.

but why would P3D work on the network, but Xplane does not?

There is nothing logged in these files where I can see a successful transfer with a P3D database.

That would be because I am not having trouble with P3D, I am having trouble with it in X-plane.  The exact same setup works great in P3D, but does not connect in X-plane.   In X-pane, it will connect locally, but not when the client is on another PC.   What do you need for "proof" of this?   Do people come in here frequently and request support, but it turns out they are lying about it?  That seems odd.  I'll provide whatever files you want.  I gave you everything you asked me to provide and now you seem to be implying that I'm not disclosing something, or I'm hiding something or outright lying.  Please let me know what you need to see?  A video?  Happy to do it, but I just want the software to work again and will happily do whatever I can.  As I indicated, it works fine for P3D v4   It works wit P3D locally and networked.  It also works great in xplane when it is run locally, but it will not run a networked client.   I am a new user of the software and was told that you guys are a super support team.   I get that it might be an issue with my system only, and that is all I am trying to solve.

There can of course be a considerable difference between P3D and X-Plane. Depending on the number of Add-Ons you have, one database may be much bigger than the other. I would presume that the X-Plane database might be bigger in size. This in connection with a somewhat limited network can lead exactly to the reported issues. This would also explain why it works flawlessly in local connection but not networked. As Urs already explained your network seems to be at its limit when it comes to this kond of filetransfer.

Just let me make this clear to you: Nobody is accusing you for lying to us. You must however understand that we cannot provide remote troubleshooting if we do not see INTO your systems. What we COULD see with the help of our Support Files is what Urs stated already: Your (WLAN?) nework is at its limits. This led to the errors that are visible and reported in the Support Files. Now what else do you expect from us? We do lots of testing on our end and of course also in networked configurations. None of our tests has ever revealed the troubles that were reported from your Support Files. So again: What do you expect from our side? We can't do more than analyzing the data available to us and draw the respective conclusions.

Brian,

thank you for the support files.

Indeed, it's like Oskar said, the P3Dv4 database is almost half in size than the XP-Database. Excerpt from the logfile:

G:\Users\<username>\Documents\AivlaSoft\EFB2\Server\DbBuilder\Ready\P3Dv4NG\airports.bin.zip, size is 33.6 MB
G:\Users\<username>\Documents\AivlaSoft\EFB2\Server\DbBuilder\Ready\XPNG\airports.bin.zip, size is 64.9 MB

It definitely turns out to be a bottleneck with the (WLAN?) network, or CPU performance when transmitting data over the network. I asked you whether it would be possible (for a test) to connect the laptop with a cable, but I could not read any reply on that from your side.