Addon Airport not showing up in updated database

P3dNerd

I purchased the addon airport for UTAA by the ARMI Project from Simmarket recently and installed it for P3d v4.4.

The addon installed successfully and shows up in the simulator....but even after updating the Aivlasoft EFB2 database, the client displays what appears to be the default airport.

Any help or suggestions for how to fix this issue would be appreciated.

BTW....the information for the airport provided by the EFB2 Client does not indicate that there is an addon for the airport.

Thanks again for any assistance you can provide.

Moved to proper location by Admin

21 hours ago, P3dNerd said:

I purchased the addon airport for UTAA by the ARMI Project from Simmarket recently and installed it for P3d v4.4.

The addon installed successfully and shows up in the simulator....but even after updating the Aivlasoft EFB2 database, the client displays what appears to be the default airport.

Any help or suggestions for how to fix this issue would be appreciated.

BTW....the information for the airport provided by the EFB2 Client does not indicate that there is an addon for the airport.

Thanks again for any assistance you can provide.

Moved to proper location by Admin

Hi ??? (please sign your post with your real name according to our forum rules)

The ARMI UTAA airport (AFCAD) bgl "AFX_UTAAP3D.bgl" contains heavy errors and is therfore not read by EFB2. Among other things the ILS's of the northern RWYs are mixed up and all LOC and GP are misplaced. I have corrected this file and it shows up normally in my install. You can simply set the original BGL to OFF and copy the BGL below into the respective scenery path. I have no clue how a commercial developer can issue such a faulty file.

AFX_UTAAP3D.bgl

7 hours ago, P3dNerd said:

Thanks Oskar for the updated / corrected bgl file.

I used it following your instructions and it worked great.

Steve

Hi Steve,

Glad I could help, however not really the duty of AivlaSoft to "repair" flubbed BGLs...😀

Please redownload the BGL from the above link as I have corrected a few more "design errors" from the Designer...

Hello Oskar,

It definitely is not up to AivlaSoft to fix flubbed BGLs.

So I very much appreciate your effort to do so.  It's another example of the excellent support that AivlaSoft provides to its customers....going above and beyond the call of duty.

AivlaSoft's EFB is a fantastic product and I'm very glad I can get the most functionality out of it....despite the obstacles created by scenery designer "errors".

Thanks again.

• 6 months later...

Hi Xavier ??? (Please observe the forum rules and sign your posts with your real first name. Thanks)

Could you please additionally provide the scenery.cfg file which is located here: C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\scenery.cfg

1) First thing what I can see in the logfile is that you installed P3Dv4 into "C:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\...". Installation into the default path is never a good idea for the flight simulator, because the "Program Files - Path" requires elevated access rights which can be a problem for add-ons which are not running "as administrator".

2) Several entries in either scenery.cfg and/or add-ons.cfg have the same layer number. This should be corrected so every layer number is uniquely used throughout the entire installation.

3) Have you ever used fsAerodata on this computer? I'm asking because the file which contains default OOMS (APX63230.bgl) seems NOT to be the original installation of P3Dv4.

4) In the file scenery.cfg you made many entries like the following:

#131   scenery.cfg   D:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\Addon Scenery\----------  AUTRES ----------
#132   scenery.cfg   D:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\Addon Scenery\--------- OCEANIE ---------

Do you have any add-ons placed in these folders?

Hint: I can see from the logfile that you always are using the "Create NEW database" function. Once a database has been created, it is sufficient to run the "Update database" function after any changes to the installation. This function will then also properly create a database.

All in all it looks to me like this installation has reached an inconsistent stage. From my point of view I would recommend a clean and new installation of the flight simulator into a separate partition or even a separate SSD.

HI

thank for reply

1) my sim is installed on the SSD not in 😄

2) i join my scenery.cfg

3) yes i use one time but some isses since i do to format the SSD et do a new installation

i think to is files from fsaerodata but i clean up the disk i don t know where he come....

4) no files on it , i use scenerey manager and just help me to class the scenerey long time age i use this system

i have yhe scenery for OOMS p3dv4 but i not recognize the seceney why ?

xavier

scenery.cfg

Hi Xavier,

thank you for the scenery.cfg file.

1) Sorry for mistaking drive D:\ as drive C:\.

2) Unfortunately this scenery.cfg does not match with the logfile from the latest DbBuilder. In this scenery.cfg the layer numbers are different than in the logfile from the DbBuilder.

3) I cannot say why the file APX63230.bgl is not the original file, but that might be one reason (among others) why OOMS is not properly recognized.

4) Obviously this 'scenery manager' cannot properly handle the layer numbers. As long as the layer numbers are not properly set, the installation must be seen as 'unstable'.

I still suggest that you perform a clean and fresh installation of the simulator.