Unable to download SERVER because of Virus threat

Joe P

Hi Guys

getting a warning in Windows 10 downloading the server exe.  Client downloads fine no issues.

Trojan:Script/Foretype.A!ml

severe threat

windows defender only

please advise best way to install

thanks

Joe

Just to make sure: you are talking about a Virus Threat Warning during Server Download and not during Server Install? On the download side there's nothing else that we can do than checking the downloads on our machines and see if we can reproduce. So far I'm unable.See the most recent screenshot:

DNL.png.86e627d9ebc749ec5d209bc96b66164a.png

I just have downloaded the file, using Firefox on Windows 10. Antivirus is Defender and additionally Norton Internet Security. No complaints at all (see screenshot).

The files are stored on Amazon S3 servers, so I assume that they are secure.

I suggest to download it on a computer with another AntiVirus software.

2018-11-03 16_27_27-Window.png

Hi,

I have excatly the same issue as Joe. Virus threat is flagged when downloading the Server file,

with Windows Defender although the Client file downloads perfectly.

I am though,able to download the Server file from my works PC that runs an older version of

Win Defender,but when I try to run the installer from that file on my Sim PC, it stops,

flagging the virus again.

Paul.

I downloaded the file again, then uploaded it to 'VirusTotal' which analyzes the file using more or less all known AV software. Here's the result page:

https://www.virustotal.com/en/file/4a4fd3467ac120083150ea824ec8b3c404bf3af2d85a6a4466dfc97e959d0a8a/analysis/1541397589/

So I don't know what's going on on your computers, maybe the AV definitions are not up-to-date?

14 hours ago, aivlasoft said:

I downloaded the file again, then uploaded it to 'VirusTotal' which analyzes the file using more or less all known AV software. Here's the result page:

https://www.virustotal.com/en/file/4a4fd3467ac120083150ea824ec8b3c404bf3af2d85a6a4466dfc97e959d0a8a/analysis/1541397589/

So I don't know what's going on on your computers, maybe the AV definitions are not up-to-date?

AV Definitions are up to date. This is Windows Defender that kicks in. Not sure what you can do about it, if there are some reporting you can do that helps defender make your download not give this alarm...

This will probably affect everyone with the same versions as us.

Windows 10 Pro

Version 1803

ver: 17134.345

1 hour ago, tarpoon said:

AV Definitions are up to date. This is Windows Defender that kicks in. Not sure what you can do about it, if there are some reporting you can do that helps defender make your download not give this alarm...

This will probably affect everyone with the same versions as us.

Windows 10 Pro

Version 1803

ver: 17134.345

Took me 0.3 seconds to find this using Google.     https://www.windowscentral.com/how-exclude-files-and-folders-windows-defender-antivirus-scans

https://www.technipages.com/bypass-download-failed-virus-detected-messages

12 hours ago, bobsk8 said:

Yes, that is not the problem. The problem is that the contents of the zip-file triggers the virus warning in the first place.

Hi Trond,

Got it working. Downloaded "Avast" turned off Win Defender & used Avast for the download and installation,no Virus all clean.

Once installed and setup I removed Avast and turned Defender back on,all working fine and

no other issues to report.?

Paul.