Error TCPListener throws an exception Message

Jason

1 hour ago, Jason said:

Hi,

Just went to start Aivlasoft on my P3D pc and got the following error message above. This is first time it's happened, and I have no understanding of what it means? 

I've included the log file incase this is required.

Thanks

Jason

serverLogfile.txt

Hi Jason,

Ths socket error sounds a bit strange as it appears after some data have been downloaded already. It is very difficult to say which of the events triggered it. It looks as if there were a few actions happening simultaneously. Although not directly necessary, I would recommend to start one program after the other. ActiveSky also produced a warning and it seems that it has been started later at the very time of the socket error.

So as a first remedy you need to reboot your computer as socket errors sometimes remain locked throughout the OS session. Please report whether this has been successful.

Hi

Just to add the exact same issue happened to me today. Active sky was fine though. (log attached)

What I did find was that if I disabled my firewall (Bullguard), I didn't get the error.  Although this workaround works it is not ideal.

Also just to add, I got a new windows update yesterday, so don't know whether this may have something to do with it.

I have also rebooted twice and the error continues.

Paul

serverLogfile.txt

Mentioning a new Win 10 update, are you talking about Build #1809?

To me it seems that in both cases access to the TCP port 51748 was denied. Could it be that your firewall settings are restricting it?

For the moment it looks a bit strange as this didn't happen before. Socket errors usually are cleared by a reboot. So if this continues after rebooting it must be something new.

Hiya.

Oskar I followed your advice but was using my FSX computer due to connecting that up and done a restart of the computer but this didn't work, then after reading the reply from Paul regarding Bullguard I disabled my fire wall and I never got that message.

So I'm pretty sure it's to do with Bullguard Firewall which I'll try once I connect P3D back up. 

Thanks Again

Jason

On 10/13/2018 at 2:55 PM, paulanders73 said:

Hi

Just to add the exact same issue happened to me today. Active sky was fine though. (log attached)

What I did find was that if I disabled my firewall (Bullguard), I didn't get the error.  Although this workaround works it is not ideal.

Also just to add, I got a new windows update yesterday, so don't know whether this may have something to do with it.

I have also rebooted twice and the error continues.

Paul

serverLogfile.txt

Hi Paul,

I use Bullguard and had to do exactly same as you, I'm not that familiar with sorting the issue of the firewall out, so not sure if you more familair with it.

Thanks

Jason

Hi Jason and Paul,

Well, that's one of the main poblems we are facing all the time. Every user is of course free to use any software of any kind at any time. But - and this is especially true for firewalls and AV software - if this software is playing havoc to EFB v2, we can impossibly do any troubleshooting from a distance, even worse we cannot do any analyzig of the trouble on your computer. What we know is that the mentioned message (a .NET system message) can be generated by either firewall problems or missing user rights. Therefore also Urs' hint to always run the Server with full admin rights must also be observed. In case of the firewall it is of course ultimately neccesary to make sure the used TCP port number is freely accessible and not locked by the firewall.

We will be very interested on the outcome of your investigations.

image.thumb.png.ee047808881a262488052d535d9ab02a.pngHi

Ok, I have investigated and it is actually the windows defender  advance settings. I assume Bullguard inherits these, so when the firewall is turned off the rules aren't applied.

The the thing is it was working ok as I hadn't changed anything. Also to add I always run with admin rights.

Jason (and anyone else who runs into a similar issue)- This is what you need to do.

If you go into Bullguard  Manage Rules and then in the bottom left click View advanced Windows rules, it take you to the Windows Defender setting page.

image.thumb.png.38881bd0610f9b96de9db27840312da7.png

From here select  Inbound rules on left hand side

Then look for Aivlasoft 2,

image.thumb.png.2199ebf9abe2d9fb0592bfeecb7123ec.png

here you can see the local port is set to 13. You then need to select it and click properties on the right hand side. You then get a pop up window and you want to select 'Protocols and Ports'. You than want to change the local port from 13 to 51748 and hit apply.  Alternatively you can also change the drop down box to 'All Ports' and that works as well. 

image.png.24a3cea19dbf1f4b5169af44800c81fb.png

Now when you run the server it will open error free.

As I said , up until recently it has always worked ok and the setting was port 13, so no idea what has changed.

On 10/13/2018 at 3:54 PM, lonewulf47 said:

Mentioning a new Win 10 update, are you talking about Build #1809?

No, I was just referring to recent cumulative update, (perhaps not significant)

https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/4462919/windows-10-update-kb4462919

image.png

image.png

image.png

• 2 weeks later...