Server settings keep changing

Hello,

I'm currently running the demo to see if I want to upgrade from V1 to V2.

1. I keep running into a few issues. Port 13 keeps rearing its head. from what i read it'll go away if i buy. And yes I've forwarded the port in the firewalls and router.

2. The server settings keep changing. I have my flight plans save on a different directory. I change where the server should save them. But it keeps getting reset.

3. Problem 2 leads into GPS. So AS16 never picks up the flight plan. Same with FSX. I've followed the manual, and have the profile set to export the gps. And it does to the wrong directory.

4. Sorry last thing. Is taxi routes. I try to use the taxi route that ATC gives but it just draws a line from me strait to the runway. If I don't put in the route it'll draw a line using proper taxiways.

1 hour ago, dizzyflores said:

I try to use the taxi route that ATC gives but it just draws a line from me strait to the runway. If I don't put in the route it'll draw a line using proper taxiways.

Did you try on different airports? It may (and is most probably) a scenery issue because taxiway naming is not 100% according charts. This might lead to a no-result taxi routing. You can also try with less restrictions (arguments in the taxi routings). Check if the requested routing makes sense according to the taxiway naming you can see in the EFB ground map.

2 hours ago, dizzyflores said:

The server settings keep changing. I have my flight plans save on a different directory. I change where the server should save them. But it keeps getting reset.

That's the correct behavior. From what you write I assume that you changed the setting for the "Flight plan folder" on the Server's "Simulator & Weather" tab? This is the simulator's flight plan folder you must not change it. According to the manuals this folder is automatically recognized by the Server and therefore it will always reset it.

2 hours ago, dizzyflores said:

Problem 2 leads into GPS. So AS16 never picks up the flight plan.

This 'problem' is subsequent to the above mentioned. If you change the flight simulators flight plan folder, then AS16 and all other add-ons will never pick it up because they are all observing this folder. 

Conclusion:

If you want to save your EFB flight plans at another location, then please change the settings on the Client side (tab "Folders", then "EFB Routes").

1 hour ago, aivlasoft said:

That's the correct behavior. From what you write I assume that you changed the setting for the "Flight plan folder" on the Server's "Simulator & Weather" tab? This is the simulator's flight plan folder you must not change it. According to the manuals this folder is automatically recognized by the Server and therefore it will always reset it.

This 'problem' is subsequent to the above mentioned. If you change the flight simulators flight plan folder, then AS16 and all other add-ons will never pick it up because they are all observing this folder. 

Conclusion:

If you want to save your EFB flight plans at another location, then please change the settings on the Client side (tab "Folders", then "EFB Routes").

Thank you for clarifying that for me.

22 hours ago, dizzyflores said:

Thank you for clarifying that for me.

With current version 2.0.52 a manually changed path in the Server's settings will unfortunately not be corrected automatically. The upcoming version 2.0.53 will do so.

If you still experience problems with the flight simulators 'flight plan folder', you have to manually correct it in the Server's settings, or you wait until 2.0.53 comes out (Should be soon).