Price difference?

Jlund

The price for EFB v2 is CHF 59.90 right?

When I go to the purchase screen it convert the price to my local currency (Denmark/Danish kr) and it says kr 445.88

However if I use the latest valuta from different valuta exchanges, they all say that CHF 59.90 is aprox kr.381 - kr. 383 

So why the difference of aprox kr. 60 - 63  more when I HAVE to buy it through Cleverbridge?

Will it be possible to buy it through Simmarket instead?

Regards J. Lundtoft

1 minute ago, Jlund said:

The price for EFB v2 is CHF 59.90 right?

When I go to the purchase screen it convert the price to my local currency (Denmark/Danish kr) and it says kr 445.88

However if I use the latest valuta from different valuta exchanges, they all say that CHF 59.90 is aprox kr.381 - kr. 383 

So why the difference of aprox kr. 60 - 63  more when I HAVE to buy it through Cleverbridge?

Will it be possible to buy it through Simmarket instead?

Regards J. Lundtoft

Be sure you compare the prices including VAT...

Still don't get it. It says the price is CHF 47.92 PLUS 25% Vat = 59.90 CHF

and according to all the valkuta exchanges I have tried they say aprox Kr. 381 to 385 INCL. VAT, so do I have to add extra 25% VAT (our vat rate in DK) to the price? If I do so it says it's aprox kr 482. So yet another diffrent amount from the kr. 445.88 on the Cleverbridge page.

No, I just don't get it. :-)

3 minutes ago, Jlund said:

Still don't get it. It says the price is CHF 47.92 PLUS 25% Vat = 59.90 CHF

and according to all the valkuta exchanges I have tried they say aprox Kr. 381 to 385 INCL. VAT, so do I have to add extra 25% VAT (our vat rate in DK) to the price? If I do so it says it's aprox kr 482. So yet another diffrent amount from the kr. 445.88 on the Cleverbridge page.

No, I just don't get it. :-)

Well, this is - I must honestly admit - beyond my kowledge. Urs will have to clarify this with Cleverbridge. We only set the initial price. Everything else is done by Cleverbridge.

Thank you for the reply. Hope there's an explanation from Cleverbridge on how the figure out the prices.

Even though I just downloaded EFB 2, I will hold back on installing it since I can see there's some problems with the database creation.

No, I haven't contacted them yet. I wonder if anyone else from different countries experience the same differences in the price.

I'm pretty sure this is due to exchange fees. I have seen the same issue with eSellerate. I live in Canada, and CHF 59.90 corresponds to about about CAD 80.00. However, Cleverbridge was trying to charge me CAD 91.00. I chose to purchase in CHF and have my credit card to the conversion (usually charges only a 2.5% conversion fee, much less than Cleverbridge). 

Even when I purchase scenery from FSDreamteam/FlightBeam and the FSLabs using esellerate, I get charged hefty conversion fees. In the mean time, I suggest you contact your credit card

company and find out what your foreign exchange fees are (they are usually reasonable). 

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/1/2018 at 8:29 AM, ArzaanK said:

I'm pretty sure this is due to exchange fees. I have seen the same issue with eSellerate. I live in Canada, and CHF 59.90 corresponds to about about CAD 80.00. However, Cleverbridge was trying to charge me CAD 91.00. I chose to purchase in CHF and have my credit card to the conversion (usually charges only a 2.5% conversion fee, much less than Cleverbridge). 

Even when I purchase scenery from FSDreamteam/FlightBeam and the FSLabs using esellerate, I get charged hefty conversion fees. In the mean time, I suggest you contact your credit card

company and find out what your foreign exchange fees are (they are usually reasonable). 

This is what I did too. Cleverbridge conversion rate for CAD$ was disgraceful.