T2G LFPG fake runways

Hello,

Is there a way to hide fake runways (NW,SE, NE, SW) from new Taxi2Gate LFPG scenery? They are included in the AFCAD and certainly usefull for the design but overlap real designators in ground map.

I tried to assign them to 'nil' in runways.txt but no effect.

Skip.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

I wrote to support@taxi2gate.com and received this reply regarding the duplicate runways...

Hi, its normal, we use like other developers double runways to use in the bridges so the ai traffic can cross over them.

It appears we're stuck with them. However, they don't appear in the P3D runway selection drop-down so they must have properties that make them invisible. Maybe someone can spot what the properties are so Urs can exclude them from his scan. AFCAD attached.

LFPG_AF.bgl

Hi Ray,

thank you for your effort. I have had a look into the LFPG-file, but there is nothing which would help to distinguish 'official' runways from 'unofficial' ones.

Please see this screenshot which lists the found runways, where the runways inside the red box seems to be the fakes.

LFPG_Runways.png

The last in the list is not considered by EFB because it is too short and too small, but the other ones look like normal runways.

Maybe you could ask in their forum how they distinguish between these runways? I could also get in touch with them if they can tell me an email address.

Many thanks in advance.

Hi Urs,

I had another look at the AFCAD this morning and have found (I think) the reason why those runways are not included by P3D in the drop-down.

If you select the Pattern option for them you'll see both ends of the runway are closed for landing and take-off. That, I believe, makes them invisible to P3D. Can you include that check when building your database and exclude any that meet that criteria?