Another sneak peak of v1.2.0

Hello all,

Here's some recent views of the beta version of AivlaSoft EFB 1.2.0.

Several of the enhancments deal with "selecting" items such as FSX or FS9 flight plans:

ac-selector.jpg[/attachment]

And a subtle but very useful addition to the Departure / Arrival / Approach selectors that lists the "next enroute waypoint" for Departures and the "previous waypoint" for Arrival and Approaches:

[attachment=0]proc-selector.jpg[/attachment]

For unfamiliar airports, this makes selecting the correct procedure so much easier.

A new feature for 1.2.0 is the optional Flight Information Panel. This is a floating window used to display various bits of... well "flight information." (What else would a Flight Information Panel display, right? :D)

approach-eddf.jpg[/attachment]

My in-flight approach screenshot at Porto didn't save (butterfingers), so I took a static approach shot of a well-and-truly-winding approach. Here you can see the descent gradient chart to the left of the profile view. If I were in-flight and on approach, that chart would also display my current groundspeed, rate-of-descent, and Time-to-Target for landing.

As in the thread from last month I can't give an ETA, and likewise the floor is open for questions and opinions.

The next version is looking very promising! Can't wait to try it!

I wonder if there will be an option to view all airways in the chart objects?

In any case: Keep up the good work! :)

Hello Antti,

Urs has decided to hold off improvements on airway display until after Navigraph's chief is back from his motorbike tour - IIRC, that should be sometime around the end of September. So nothing for the immediate next version I'm afraid. (But it is on the "Possible features list.")

Regards,

Hi there,

Really can't wait for the next version it looks wicked.

I wonder if there will be in version 2.0:

1) On the ground chart it would be nice to have the holding points at the different airports.

2) Transition Altitudes on the departure and arrival charts from the change from

3) Show the holds on the STAR's and be able to enter the hold and stay in it until able to exit for vertors. (Only really need this when flying on Vatsim)

This would be nice to have things.

Keep up the good work and can't to see more screenshots.

Many thanks

Mark Marshall

Mark,

Thank you for the kind words.

Your suggestions are good ones. Items 1 & 2 would be possible to add to a new version given a few caveats, and as always given the time:

Stock - and most 3rd party - airport data would contain holding points. I've noticed that some publishers "paint" or "plant" certain scenery aspects without recording in BGLs.

Transition altitude data can be "found" on the internet, so that would be a matter of collecting and verifying and providing a method of updating and correcting data. I say that not knowing if Navigraph has / could publish such data. If it could come from them, then so much the better....

As for "STAR holds" they (again) would have to be in the Navigraph dataset. Many months ago I tested EFB's ability to implement this by taking a r/w STAR chart and adding its hold data to a dataset. EFB drew the holds as I expected. Here's a segment from the Janesville 5 STAR into KORD that I just threw together for a quick example:

[attachment=0]edited-star.jpg[/attachment]

Transition levels and altitudes are part of the airport record in the ARINC 424 file. So - it's only the question whether Navigraph includes such data in it's databases. I'm sure they have it as my guess is that they work with a complete ARINC 424 data set and they should be able to supply all data included there.

Richard Stefan from Navigraph told me some months ago that they are currently working with only a subset of the whole Arinc 424 dataset and therefore such information is not yet provided to the several add-ons. But they are in discussion with EAG to get a more detailed dataset. Since Richard is still on his motorbike tour I don't know when and how more information can be provided through EFB. I hope that it will be soon.

I see. Thank you Urs, for the information. I was afraid of that. It's a pity that not the complete content of the ARINC 424 dataset can be used. It would make many things more flexible (and of course more complicated for the programmer... :lol: )

I still dream of a simulator using ONE complete dataset for every navigation application - and not dozens of subsets with individual limitations for each add-on. We are still allowed to dream, aren't we? ;)

Mark,

Thank you for the kind words.

Your suggestions are good ones. Items 1 & 2 would be possible to add to a new version given a few caveats, and as always given the time:

Stock - and most 3rd party - airport data would contain holding points. I've noticed that some publishers "paint" or "plant" certain scenery aspects without recording in BGLs.

Transition altitude data can be "found" on the internet, so that would be a matter of collecting and verifying and providing a method of updating and correcting data. I say that not knowing if Navigraph has / could publish such data. If it could come from them, then so much the better....

As for "STAR holds" they (again) would have to be in the Navigraph dataset. Many months ago I tested EFB's ability to implement this by taking a r/w STAR chart and adding its hold data to a dataset. EFB drew the holds as I expected. Here's a segment from the Janesville 5 STAR into KORD that I just threw together for a quick example:

Thanks for the quick reply. Hope to see this things in the new version if able.

Also would it be possible to run DataProvider in the background, so not on the task bar, in the notification area insted. So when you need to use it you would click on the little icon in the Notification area and it would load up. E.g. Windows Live Messager or Sype.

Can't wait for it! :)

Many Thanks

Mark Marshall

• 1 month later...

hello,

i really like this software

however is it possible to get to be able to check the weather conditions within the software, currently i have to go to an external application such as squawkbox to find the weather, it will be good to get weather of departure and arrival airfield within this software,

thanks

Hi,

yes, it is available from within EFB. You may there select from several sources:

- FSX,

- ActiveSky weather file,

- REX weather file,

- or online from NOAA,

whereas the files from ASx and REX obviously are the sources for FSX, but sometimes it takes time until FSX is showing you the weather which has been set by either ASx or REX.

Best regards

Urs

BTW: As per the forum rules, please sign your posts with your real first name.

Clayton,

It is in the upcoming version - 1.2.0.

You will be able to get FSX weather from your departure airport, as well as weather from REX or ActiveSky or from NOAA for airports outside the "FSX weather bubble" that surrounds your user aircraft.

Regards,

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Thanks, uh, Cool-P. :) I believe the English manuals are done; Urs is working on die deutschen Handbücher; and unless someone reports a b-u-g, we'll go with Build 33-stroke-3.

I just took my PC12 from KLAX to KLAS with one task in mind being trying to fool the Flight Information System into giving me faulty current descent rates or crossing fixes but everything went fine.

(Urs breathes a sigh of relief) ;)

Love those current descent rates....

Regards,