All selected sharts objects and aircraft symbol missing

Hello Urs,

What did I do wrong ? Don't know ?? but all selected charts-objects (VOR, airports, fixes, compass rose, etc...) and the aircraft symbol (while enabled) are missing on both local and remote DUs !!

Tried but no way to make them visible again. AFAIK I didn't make any change in my DU settings.The a/c symbol was visible on ground at EBBR but disappeared just after takeoff on the CIV7D SID ?? Except my planned route and rivers the France and Spain charts are desperately empty.

EBBR DCT CIV MEDIL UQ237 DISAK UN857 DIRMO UN855 PPG ALBER DCT LEBL

Any idea ?

Regards

Jean-Louis

Jean-Louis,

First, you did nothing wrong. A few minutes ago I took off using AIRAC 1008 and MTX airports and all seemed fine, but about reaching TOC (79-80nm from DISAK) I selected the STAR ALBE1T (for 25L) and suddenly lots of my navaids (plus my little red arrow-plane!) went away.

I've seen this behavior before (months ago) and Urs was always able to fix it. I've no doubt he will be able to do so again.

[attachment=0]status.jpg[/attachment]

This error popped up in my status line (I'm don't remember if the current release version has a status line so apologies if you don't have one), so I'm sending Urs my DisplayUnit log file and I suggest that you do as well.

Jean-Louis,

In further checking, this vanishing act only seems to occur when this one STAR (ALBE1T for either 25L and 25R) is added to an existing route. (Even for a simple route such as EGLL LEBL.)

It happens for me if I am connected to FSX or not.

Also for me, if I remove ALBE1T and re-activate the route, everything comes back as it should.

If you can, please try this again, and then select a different STAR (or no STAR) and let us know if you experience the same behavior or not.

Regards,

Thanks Travis !! Glad to know I didn't do anything wrong...

I confirm this issue is linked with some LEBL STARs. I just make some STAR change tries and I came to the following conclusions :

AIRAC 10/08 -

25R north arrivals LEBL

- BISB2V OK everything fine

- BIS2Y "

- ALBET1T "vanishing" issue is occuring everytime

- PUMAT3T "

Any possibility to fix it ?

Best regards

Jean-Louis

Hi Jean-Louis,

it took me some time to figure out what the reason for this problem is. But finally I found it: It's the fix name "CLE" in the Navigraph procedures for LEBL. At the beginning of this file a list with all used fixes can be found. There is a fix called "CLE". As per definition a fix with 3 characters must be a navaid (VOR, VORDME, DME). But unfortunately FSX doesn't have a navaid with the identifier "CLE". As a workaround I can only suggest to rename CLE to CLE99. Then it will be treated as a fix and no longer as navaid. But please be carefull in renaming because there are also transitions named "CLE" which should not be renamed.

Hope this helps.

Good investigation/job Urs !

"As a workaround I can only suggest to rename CLE to CLE99...."

Found fix CLE coords N41°38,40168 E002°38,002 located :

E:/Program Files (x86)/Microsoft Games/Microsoft Simulator X/AivlaSoft/SIDSTARS

made the change CLE to CLE99, choose STAR PUMAT3T and the vanishing issue is still there !

Did I select the correct file ?

Regards

Jean-Louis

I see a certain potential for further problems in the mentioned interpretation of wayoints/navaids as a function of their namelength. Many european VOR's - not to say most - have their equivalent waypoint with exactly the same coordinates and designator inorder to replace the VOR in case of a short or longterm malfunction or outage. If e.g. a VOR is being reconstructed over a period or more than one AIRAC cycle without being substitued by a TEMPO VOR it may well happen that there is only that replacement waypoint. As this is common throughout the current professional FMS databases it is reflected in NAVIGRAPHs data - being derived from EAG - as well.

So as a conclusion I would suggest to step away from the term "3-letter names depict by definition a VOR" which is simply not true. My guess ist that this did not have any consequences until now as there were obviously no problems with other VORs that have their 3-letter waypoint equivalent till now - but it might happen soon again :o

Hello all,

This issue was corrected for Jean-Louis by installation of the attached BGL file containing data for the CLE VOR-DME.

Here are the steps that Jean-Louis followed to have both his FSX and his EFB recognize the new navaid. (Please be aware that you should have some experience in manually setting up BGL / Scenery files.)

• 1) Exit FSX if it is already active.

2) Exit all DUs (local and remote) if they are already active.

3) Extract the CLE_VORDME.bgl from the attched ZIP file to an active scenery folder such as [FSX]\Addon Scenery\scenery.

4) Run the "FSX Scenery Data Update" from the EFB DataProvider (it will be running at the end of the process).

5) Re-start your EFB DisplayUnit(s). The VOR-DME "CLE" should be visible in charts around 17NM from the airport LEGE on a bearing of 200 degrees.

6) Re-start FSX. From the ground at LEGE you should be able to receive the ID from CLE by tuning your NAV radio to 113.35.

After EFB 1.2 launches - and Urs returns from a well-earned vacation - Urs will consider implementing steps to automate future navaid updates for any post-1.2 version.

(Deleting and/or moving stock FSX navaids could have a negative impact on the built-in FSX planner, so I believe it is doubtful to address those issues in an automated process.)