Can I pay in whatever currency I like?

Hi,

I was going to wait until v2 came out but having tried EFB on a 30 day trial I am already sold on it.

One question I hope you can answer. It's available in 3 different currencies - Swiss Francs, Euros and GB Pounds. Using current exchange rates there is a 5UKP difference between paying in Swiss Francs and US Dollars. Can I buy in US Dollars even thought I'm based in the UK?

Does the price include VAT or is that added dependent on the customer's country? I buy a lot of downloadable software from US sites as VAT is not included in the price. It makes a big difference.

Hi Ray,

I'm going out on a limb here as I'm not involved with the Shop processes... but I think you can purchase in either of the offered currencies (which I think are Swiss Francs, US Dollars, and ummm European Euros {???}) As long as PayPal will process, it should be good.

As for VAT... ummm those are things which we use here in California to help us crush grapes to make wine. Goodness knows what Europeans might do in a VAT. Fill them with hot water, sit and soak for hours, most likely.... :roll:

Thanks Travis. I hope you're right about being able to pay in USD. You guys charge sales tax which caught me out when I visited in 98. It is not included in the displayed price but added at the till! I thought the shop assistant was overcharging me! :lol:

Hi Ray - the places our paths cross!

I tried the 30 day free trial and when it ended was going to wait to purchase. I went into Fs the next day and found the lack of EFB so disturbing that I went straight online and made the purchase. haven't regretted it one iota.

Regards

Andy b

Hi Andy,

Good to see you around. Yes, it is very good but my laptop display of 1366x768 isn't quite big enough so I plan to use a 18" TFT at 1280x1024. The tricky bit is finding room for it.

Looking forward to the Ashes. Bet you're not! ;)

I decided to go through the payment process and see what happened. I was able to choose USD and went all the way through to the confirm payment page at which point I cancelled.

There was no indication that VAT would be added up to that page. Reading the T&Cs it said this...

3. Conditions

The pricing in place at the time of order is applicable. Without explicit declaration any prices displayed are incl. VAT. Postage and packaging will be charged separately and disclosed in the ordering process.

So it looks like the price does include VAT but I'd still like official confirmation please. Having an extra 17.5% added afterwards would not be welcomed.

And for any Brits considering EFB the USD is definitely the cheapest option. It works out for me as £43.82 compared to £47.45 if paying in Euros and £48.47 if Francs is chosen.