[Resolved] LIEO Rwy23 ILS problem

Hi gents,

P3D v5.3HF2 running ORBX LIEO.

I have a current Navigraph cycle - 2401 - but can't reconcile the issue of EFB showing no localiser available for Rwy 23 ILS.

The frequency is 111.30 which appears to be correct from searches. The attached screenshot confirms this as the correct frequency and when I tune it in P3D it comes alive.

So why is EFB reporting none available? I'm confortable editing AFCADs with ADE if required.

LIEO_ILS23.jpg

Hi Urs,

Thanks for the link. This is a third party airport and the associated BGL containing the ILS frequencies seems up to date.

If I attach it would you be able to verify its accuracy? I have used Herve’s updated data before but not currently. I’m not sure how his could help in this situation as it’s not a default AFCAD.

38 minutes ago, aivlasoft said:

Although I have no more installation of P3D, I can try it. Nothing promised ... ;-)

Thanks Urs. Attached. I had another thought about this last night. I was wondering if the VOR over the airfield might have changed its frequency. I'm flying at present but perhaps you could check if that might be the reason the ILS couldn't be recognised as it might be associated with the STAR.

If that's the case I can understand why it needs to have the current frequency.

LIEO_ADEX_ADE_enhanced.bgl

6 minutes ago, srcooke said:

Try updating the AFCAD Ray using Herve's airport inspector and editor to correct the invalid IOL identifier which should be IOLB

If that’s the reason for the Localiser not being recognised then that makes sense. But having tried Herve’s utility I do prefer AFD. Assuming default ILSs can be edited with it. If not then it’s Herve’s.

Gents,

I'm pleased to report Stephen was correct. The identifier was out of date. I used Herve's utility to correct it. It took a little while to work out which option to use as some were read-only. The BGL attached yesterday now has the correct ID.

This is a powerful utility and something I'll use as and when required to correct other issues. Many thanks! 👏

• RayProudfoot changed the title to [Resolved] LIEO Rwy23 ILS problem

I'm not aware of a change list Ray, however Herve now publishes a spreadsheet of airac ILS data so it would be possible going forward to run a comparison of data.

By checking the ILS in AIE it was apparent that the identifier did not match the chart.