Problems with install of distributed

Hello Aivlasoft team

I am desperate, I just go get a distributed installation. Although network connection and the shares are set, the display unit is not the data provider. In a normal installation, everything works fine. Any information you need from me please give me the location.

With kind regards Lothar

Hallo Aivlasoft Team,

bin am verzweifeln, ich bekomme einfach keine verteilte Installation hin. Obwohl Netzwerkverbindung besteht und auch die Freigaben gesetzt sind findet die Display Unit nicht den Data-Provider. Bei einer normalen Installation funktioniert alles einwandfrei. Sollten Sie Daten von mir benötigen geben Sie mir bitte den Speicherort an.

Mit freundlichen Grüssen Lothar

Hi Lothar,

I assume your network is working; like same workgroup name etc the 2computers see each other. You have installed Dataprovider on FSX-PC, Displayunit on 2nd PC.

I have the distributed system running on Win 7/64 (Dataprovider/FSX) and WINXP (DisplayUnit).

If you go into the DisplayUnit, hit "System", then Folders and Links how does your first entry (Provider data folder) look?

Mine is: \\Peter-PC\Users\Peter\AppData\Local\AvliaSoft\EFB\AvliaSoft.Efb.DataProvider.

And in Win7 you need to do everything as an Admin.

Let me know, if that helped.

Peter

Hi Peter,

Both PC's with Windows 7 prof. and also the settings in the AppData file match. Unfortunately, I can with me in the display unit is no longer 'in the folder> system, because the program is infinitely> Initializing'.

I have the manual up and down reading, now two people were busy, with no result.

Also, the firewall's on both PC's off.

No idea what went wrong.

I can stop just close the display unit via Task Manager.

Hi Peter,

beide PC´s mit Win7-prof. und auch die Einstellungen in der AppData-Datei stimmen überein. Leider kann ich bei mir in der Display-Unit nicht mehr in den Ordner >System<, da das Programm sich ins unendliche >Initializing<.

Ich habe die Betriebanleitung rauf und runter gelesen, mittlerweile waren 2 Personen damit beschäftigt, ohne Ergebnis.

Auch die Firewall´s auf beiden PC´s ist ausgeschaltet.

Keine Ahnung was schief läuft.

Ich kann die DisplayUnit nur über den Task-Manager stoppen und schliessen.

Grüsse aus EDDH Lothar

Lothar,

can you please try the following:

- stop/exit the DataProvider

- start the DisplayUnit on your second computer.

Now the splash screen appears for some seconds and then it will disappear. After that, the yellow bar "Initializing EFB system" appears. After some further seconds it should change to "Connecting ..."

- on the menu bar, press "System" > "Settings". The settings dialog opens.

Now verify the following settings:

- Is "Server Mode" set to "Remote"?

- Is the "Server Name" exactly the same as the name of the DataProvider computers name?

Hi Urs,

whether the data provider is running or not, the status LED stays red and the display unit, it can not connect.

I know very well that the correct server name in the display unit and also agrees the Remoteinstellung. The dataProvider is the server mode to Any and the TCP port is identical. Before I reinstall everything again (the third Währe times), are there other options?

Greetings from EDDH Lothar

Hi Urs,

egal ob der Data-Provider läuft oder nicht, die Status-LED bei der DisplayUnit bleibt rot und es kommt keine Verbindung zustande.

Ich weiss aber genau das der Servername in der Display-Unit stimmt und auch die Remoteinstellung stimmt. Im DataProvider ist der Servermode auf Any und auch der TCP-Port ist identisch. Bevor ich nochmal alles neu installiere (währe das 3. mal), gibt es noch andere Möglichkeiten?

Gruss aus EDDH Lothar

Hi Urs,

I've just again the File> Settings DataProvider_UserSetting.bin as VLC media file is run, and has recognition as the pylons of the VLC Media Player. Is that correct? If not how do I change them?

ich habe mir gerade nochmal die Datei >Settings< im DataProvider angesehen udn mir fiel auf das die Datei >DataProvider_UserSetting.bin als VLC media file geführt wird und hat als Erkennung die Pylone des VLC-Media-Players. Ist das richtig? Wenn nicht wie ändere ich sie um?

Grüsse aus EDDH Lothar

Hi Urs,

I've just again the File> Settings DataProvider_UserSetting.bin as VLC media file is run, and has recognition as the pylons of the VLC Media Player. Is that correct? If not how do I change them?

Lothar,

You can ignore the icon type - it does not affect how EFB reads the data. (I have the same thing on my PC. :) )

Hello Aivlasoft team

which is my last attempt to get the distributed installation but still.

Now that I have installed the full program with the new version 1.3.2 I get still unable to connect the display unit using the data provider. The settings have been checked several times and no one can find an explanation. ::

I would ask you the log files of the Data Provider and the display unit to check.

Please enter me for an Internet address.

Hallo Aivlasoft-Team,

die ist mein letzter Versuch die verteilte Installation doch noch hinzubekommen.

Nachdem ich nun das komplette Programm mit der neuen Version 1.3.2 installiert habe bekomme ich weiterhin keine Verbindung der DisplayUnit mit dem Data-Provider. Die Einstellungen sind mehrmals gecheckt worden und keiner kann eine Erklärung finden. :?:

Ich würde Sie bitten die Logfiles des Data-Providers und der DisplayUnit zu überprüfen.

Bitte geben Sie mir dafür eine Internetadresse an.

Grüsse aus EDDH Lothar

PS: Ich bin froh das ich meine Jeppesenkarten noch nicht vernichtet habe.