Weight option linked to aircraft.

RayProudfoot

Hi Urs. Many eons ago I asked if the weight option - pounds or kilograms - could be linked to an aircraft rather than being a global choice.

The reason I ask is because Concorde has all weights in metric whereas Boeing uses pounds. I’m pretty sure Airbus will use metric too.

Whilst I use P3D v5 this is something that affects all platforms. Any chance you could make this possible please?

Hi Ray,

From my point of view there is no need to do some programming because changing the unit of weight is just one item among others when doing flight preparation. According to the region where a flight takes place one has also to change other units like pressure, or the unit of altitude etc. All these changes can be done easily in the Clients settings dialog.

Hi Urs. I don’t include the weight system in my planning. I use pounds for my three other aircraft but Concorde requires metric wherever it flies.

Regarding pressure that isn’t a problem either since EFB displays both inches and hPa. I Don’t need to choose.

I guess I’ll just have to remember to change the setting in EFB. Thanks all the same.