FSInn Flight Plans Auto Filled By FSX Flight Planner

Just a heads up to others who use FSInn and EFB when flying online.

Last night I noticed when I came to fill in the FSInn flight plan it was already filled in with a very long waypoint by waypoint route. I deleted this and entered the shortened version and sent my flight plan. Later in the flight I checked the FSInn plan again and it reverted to the long version again.

Its not a fault of EFB, but whats happening is I had "Create Garmin GPS Flight Plans" ticked which sends the EFB plan to the FSX Flight Planner -as designed. FSInn unfortunately copies this information from the FSX Flight Planner to FSInn so each time you change something in EFB the FSInn flight plan changes.

If you fly a non GPS aircraft like say the NGX make sure "Create Garmin GPS Flight Plans" is unticked. I'm hoping there is a way to prevent the FSX Flight Planner sending this info to FSInn so I don't need to keep changing EFB's settings.

Glen

Hi Glen,

as far as I can see it's a "feature" of FSInn. It seems that it permanently watches for any flight plan changes in that specific folder and as soon as it recognizes a change it will get the latest file that has been changed or added as the current flightplan. In my opinion it is not a bad idea but the behavior should be configurable.

Does somebody knows the developers of FSInn? AFAIK they don't do any further development or maintenance?

Does somebody knows the developers of FSInn? AFAIK they don't do any further development or maintenance?

Urs,

The developers of FSInn and CoPilot operated under the FSFDT website. This website went down quite a while ago and since then the developers disappeared; that's why the version number remains a beta as they never got round to properly releasing it.

As far as I understand it it's almost impossible that anyone will make any changes to the software. I spoke to Florian one of the VATSIM Governors who told me a few months ago that a new team got together to make a new version of FSInn - this would have been a new group not linked to FSFDT. More recently though it seems that we'll stay on this same coding and version for quite a while.

Thanks,

Jack

Hi Urs,

I was doing some testing today and confirmed the Vatsim Server 'flight plan' changes are caused by changes within the FSX Flight Planner. I have submitted a post on the Vatsim FSInn forum to see if anything can be done their end to LOCK a flight plan once its entered for the first time, so further changes to the FSX flight planner do not update the Vatsim/FSInn flight plan.

Regarding EFB, is there any way it could be programmed to send flight plan changes directly to the GPS rather than the FSX Flight Planner, which would eliminate this problem or can it only be done via the FSX Flight Planner.

Glen

I have just recieved a reply from someone on the Vatsim FSInn forum who says if you submit a flight plan using the 'Vatsim Prefile System' this locks the flight plan and prevents any further amendments i.e. from the FSX Flight Planner.

I haven't tried this yet but hopefully it will get around the problem of using a GPS type aircraft and FSInn and messing up the flight plan while using EFB.

Glen