PMDG export?

That is good news!

I have set EFB aside for now and am using Vroute which seems to export to NGX successfully as a .rte file out of the box. Will the amended EFB export file also be a .rte file?

Thanks

Edwindf

I reckon it'll have to be because that's the only file that the NGX will accept. - Also, if the standard .rte file is used there only needs to be one exporter in EFB to cover all of PMDG.

Ray,

We have not received any more communication from PMDG on this. (We passed an email to them yesterday as a reminder.)

Maybe if you sent them a route export from EFB that works with their other a/c but not with the 737 and asked them "what's the difference?" we'd know. :roll:

Hi

I'm a little confused!

If Vroute, FSBuild and Flight Sim Commander are all able to export to PMDG NGX out of the box (thus without an updated SDK) how is it that EFB will not?

Regards

Edwindf

As far as I understand it there's an rte format that can be used for all FSX PMDG aircraft. Urs is aware of this, but contained in those files are some parameters that we are not sure of the meaning of. We're all waiting for a response from PMDG to explain what all of these mean so that a PMDG universal flightplan handler can be incorporated into EFB.

Urs,

As many programs such as vroute and FSC can create this file, would it be quicker to maybe contact someone like Michal of vroute to enquire about the format? - I say this since PMDG seem to be taking a long time to get back to you.

Thanks,

Jack

Edwindf,

I've not seen even an "outdated" SDK. :)

The guesswork I did for the JS41 route exporter was not good enough for the 737. The 737 RTE files that I've seen have different data structures than the ones generated by the JS41. I could guess at what the differences are and guess how to account for them, but I think EFB customers deserve more than "more guesswork."

@Jack,

Do you know Michal? Maybe we were more successful if someone get in touch with him who knows him?

Hi Urs,

Yes I sort of do; I previously had an email conversation with him about various exporting handles for another product (an aircraft).

On the other hand more recently I sent him an email and had absolutely no response, but I didn't follow this up and he's usually quite quick to respond.

If you'd like me to request for the data from him about the rte exporter then I can do so.

Just let me know.

Thanks,

Jack

• 3 weeks later...