Switching between sims problem

Hello

Every time when I switch between MSFS or P3D v.45 the software switches db. I understand that but everytime it wants to rebuild the db of said sim. And at best it takes 2 or 3 attempts for the MSFS db.

What can I do to improve this Or is there a proceudre or setting.

Any advise will be appreciated

Regards

27 minutes ago, robert_folmer said:

Hello

Every time when I switch between MSFS or P3D v.45 the software switches db. I understand that but everytime it wants to rebuild the db of said sim. And at best it takes 2 or 3 attempts for the MSFS db.

What can I do to improve this Or is there a proceudre or setting.

Any advise will be appreciated

Regards

Hi Robert,

Automatic switching the DB is normal but asking for a Db rebuild is not - at least I have never seen that here - and I use three different Sims. Just make sure that you follow the correct procedure for updating the DB after a new AIRAC-Cycle.

When a new AIRAC cycle is downloaded (speaking of EFB), you need to update ALL existing databases by using the "Update Navdata" tab. Using this tab updates the databases for ALL simulators at once.

Additionally, if you use the Navigraph-Navdata for MSFS, you need to rebuild the MSFS Database, as this Navigraph-Database is present in the \Community folder. Every change in the \Community folder needs a rebuild of the database.

Other than that I do not see any conflicting potential. AFAIK it will only ask for a rebuild if the choosen database for a certain Sim is not updated to the current AIRAC cycle.

EFB_DbBuilder.thumb.png.f778cb8200fea4021d260688b0fddc89.png

Understood. So last night I used P3d and Aivlasoft no problem. I am trying to start MSFS and the first thing I get is  see screenshot 1. Following the procedure as above I get screenshot two. Where I select import?

There after all seems to be back to normal.

Thanks for the guidance

Screenshot one.jpg

Screenshot two.jpg

Hi Robert

Automatic switching the DB is only possible if there is only one database for each simulator. If you have more than one database for a certain simulator, EFB cannot know which of them shall be the one to be loaded. That's the cause for displaying the information as on your screenshot 1.

The DbBuilder will be started because you have to manually select the Database to be loaded. This is done on the first tab 'Create/Select EFB Database'.

If you select the first tab in the DbBuilder ('Create/Select EFB Database') you see a list of currently available databases. Usually there is only one database for a certain simulator, except you have created a second (or third ...) database from the same simulator but from a different, old and no longer existing AIRAC cycle. If there are older databases from MSFS which were built using older AIRAC cycles you might delete these old databases.