No AI traffic above 10.000ft aprox.

Hello,

I am using P3Dv4.5 and ProSim B 737 and for the AI traffic UTLive.

Since the last update of ProSim 3.15b1 the AI traffic is visible only below 10.000ft. While trying to find a reason I checked with the EFB by circling over EHAM decending from 32.000ft.

The first traffic became visible at arround 10.000 ft (EFB and Prosim).

I assume, that UT Live is sending the information to P3D and the EFB is receiving it from there ? Or is there a direct link UTLive - EFB ?

The settings in UTLive should be made correctly (traffic up to 40.00ft) and in the EFB 5.000ft+/- the own aircraft. But I also did not make any changes in EFB and UTLive before the problem started.

So to my humble mind it looks that P3D does not receive or accepts or does not pass on the neccessary information to EFB/ProSim ?

Is there any idea, why this fails to be done above 10.000ft ? 

Maybe i should ask more nuanced.

I am not blaming the EFB ! I am just trying to find out if the data transfer between the programs involved give a possibility to dig deeper; and which programs comunicate; and why only planes aprox. flying 10.000 ft or higher are not indicated? This happens as well in ProSim as well as in the EFB.

In Prosim FSUIPC as well as simconnect is involved in the general data transfer between programs/modules. I am using FSUIPC 6. The neccessary setting there are made. So at a first glance this should not be the reason for the malfunction (?).

• aivlasoft changed the title to No AI traffic above 10.000ft aprox.

Hi Bernd,

I assume, that UT Live is sending the information to P3D and the EFB is receiving it from there ? Or is there a direct link UTLive - EFB ?

EFB is getting traffic data from FSUIPC which is reading this data from the simulator. There is no other way of getting traffic data (except 'snapshot' data from the online networks VATSIM and IVAO). No direct connection between EFB and UT.

10 hours ago, wolkenschieber said:

This happens as well in ProSim as well as in the EFB.

If the error appears in both programs in the same way, the reason for the problem must be found in or before the data source which supplies these two programs.

Thank you Urs,

will have a closer look again as far as the source is concerned. Although the traffic is not completly "gone". UTLive itself as well as FSUIPC, involved have Flifgt Level limitations; but I have set this correctly to the best of my knowledge. So probably the culprit is located in P3D, because the EFB as well as Prosim get the information from there (via FSUIPC). 

Hi Bernd,

In the EFB Client, Settings, then Aircraft TAB there is an option to Display AI Traffic within a specified height, both above and below the user aircraft.  I have mine set at 60,000 feet for above and -60,000 for below and I have never had any issues with either AIG or UTL1/2 and UT2.  Maybe you have checked these settings already.

Brgds

Ken

On 1/31/2022 at 6:15 PM, wolkenschieber said:

Hello,

I am using P3Dv4.5 and ProSim B 737 and for the AI traffic UTLive.

Since the last update of ProSim 3.15b1 the AI traffic is visible only below 10.000ft. While trying to find a reason I checked with the EFB by circling over EHAM decending from 32.000ft.

The first traffic became visible at arround 10.000 ft (EFB and Prosim).

The settings in UTLive should be made correctly (traffic up to 40.00ft) and in the EFB 5.000ft+/- the own aircraft. But I also did not make any changes in EFB and UTLive before the problem started.

So to my humble mind it looks that P3D does not receive or accepts or does not pass on the neccessary information to EFB/ProSim ?

Is there any idea, why this fails to be done above 10.000ft ?