Client v2.2 (build #121) hangs at "Checking for Updates"

PhantomFlyer

32 minutes ago, PhantomFlyer said:

I have updated to the latest version of the server and cilent, now with the cilent it can't get pass the "Checking for Updates) now i cant use the programe at all. Was working before the update need help please

Hi Ray,

Please check and copy the content of the file "latestVersion.txt". It can be found at the following location (standard installation):

C:\Users\<Username>\Documents\AivlaSoft\EFB2\Server\Updates

Hi Ray,

it might be that due to the update of the EFB binaries the Windows Firewall does no longer allow the Client to access the internet. Hanging at "Checking for updates ..." means that the Client cannot access the internet. Did you already check the Windows-Firewall whether it allows the Client to access the internet?

• aivlasoft changed the title to Client v2.2 (build #121) hangs at "Checking for Updates"

I have found the problem, when the client startsup from a update you get the first window (checking for Updates etc) but behind that window is a second window (Close the server to check for updates Etc) I manage to put my mouse on it to streck the window out to press ok then the hold process continue on and loaded find. The problem has been where one window was on top of another window.

Hi Ray,

thanks a lot for this information. I wasn't aware of these doubled message boxes. That's indeed not obvious and I have to fix it.

EDIT:

Here's a screenshot about the situation. Depending on the size and location of the Client window it might happen, that the message box (see red arrow) is almost invisible because of its position behind the splash screen. Especially when the back color of the Desktop is set to a dark color it is very difficult to see the border of the message box.

So if you experience that the Client hangs at "Checking for updates ..." click on 'Hide' at the top right corner of the splash screen (see red ellipse) to close the splash screen and bring the message box to front.

MessageBoxBehindSplashScreen.png

It will be fixed with next update.