Could not read Database due to errors

Hi Pedro,

it seems that the file 'airports.bin' (which is created by the DbBuilder) disappears unexpectedly. Most likely this is due to a too aggressive AntiVirus program. You should try to create an exclusion for the EFB data folder. For a quick test (before creating an exclusion), try create the Database while the AV-Program is paused.

Pedro,

it seems that the problem is not the missing airports.bin, it's more that the DbBuilder unexpectedly terminates. The missing airports.bin is the logic consequence because the database could not have been built successfully. Could you try to create a support file from the Server and upload it here? It additionally contains the Windows event log entries which maybe can point to the cause of the problem.  

There is no need to start the Server over and over again. If this mentioned file is missing, there is no chance that the Server will ever start. First thing is to have the DbBuilder create a complete database. We need to find out why the DbBuilder does not complete the Database Building Process. Have you ever tried to create a Support File from the Windows Start menu? Or, alternatively, uninstall EFB (Server and Client) with the standard uninstallers and reintall with the latest downloads from our website: https://www.aivlasoft.com/download.html

In the latter case however it would be adviseable to eventually backup own routings, checklists and profiles.

Hi Pedro,

thanks for uploading the support files.

Unfortunately NO error is logged In these logfiles. The only thing that I can see in the logfiles is that the installation folder of the simulator is the default path "C:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\....". I don't know what AntiVirus program is running on this machine or maybe other security relevant programs, but it is possible that such a program is preventing the Database-Builder from reading and analyzing the BGL-Files which are located in this default installation path.

Can you describe what happens with the Database-Builder when it is running? Does it stop running (freeze) but it is still visible, or is it suddenly disappeared? Can you try to create the database while the AntiVirus program is suspended, or switched off.

If all doesn't help I suggest to uninstall the simulator and re-install it into an own partition, which is - apart from the current situation - always a good idea to avoid any troubles with add-on programs.

The Data base loads the airport sceneries, it’s always visible but it seems that stops for a few seconds , then I gives you a message that it’s already done and it’s ok... I have try it with the anti virus on and off to no luck...., what’s a estrange is that it was doing fine until, I software update from last Week.

1 hour ago, Pedro Duran said:

The Data base loads the airport sceneries, it’s always visible but it seems that stops for a few seconds , then I gives you a message that it’s already done and it’s ok... I have try it with the anti virus on and off to no luck...., what’s a estrange is that it was doing fine until, I software update from last Week.

Hi Pedro,

please do the following:

- run the DbBuilder until it finishes with the "ok" Message

- make a screen shot of the DbBuilder with the "ok" message still on

And a few additional questions:

- How did you install EFB2 (last install). Do you use the default installation settings?

- How do you start EFB2?