Quick question about installing 117 for V4 and V5 same PC

RobCom

I have both 4.5v2 and V4 installed on the same PC, I have the new FSUIPC6 installed in both and running, BUT I have the Aerosoft NavDataPro which as far as I can tell hasn't been updated for P3Dv5 yet? OR is there a way to updated that for V5? (I'm not totally 100% sure how that app works yet) I checked Aerosoft and it's not in their V5 updated list yet so, not sure.

Anyways, does this mean until that app is updated I have separate data bases for each sim? And if so the EFB2 app will know depending on which sim I am running at the time? 

I have already updated the EFB2 app, and the data base for V4.5.

I'm not sure what to do now for V5?

lol...yes I am confused.

Signed, 

Rob Comfort

1 hour ago, RobCom said:

I have both 4.5v2 and V4 installed on the same PC, I have the new FSUIPC6 installed in both and running, BUT I have the Aerosoft NavDataPro which as far as I can tell hasn't been updated for P3Dv5 yet? OR is there a way to updated that for V5? (I'm not totally 100% sure how that app works yet) I checked Aerosoft and it's not in their V5 updated list yet so, not sure.

Anyways, does this mean until that app is updated I have separate data bases for each sim? And if so the EFB2 app will know depending on which sim I am running at the time? 

I have already updated the EFB2 app, and the data base for V4.5.

I'm not sure what to do now for V5?

lol...yes I am confused.

Hi ??? ) please observe our Forum Rules)

It depends what you mean with NavDataPro. If you refer to the Chart viewer, I'm not sure how this is connected to P3DV5. The EFB2 Database from NavDataPro requires no special attention as it has nothing to do with which simulator you use it. Just  open the DbUilder, click "create new" and select P3D Version 5 , then confirm using the NavDataPro database and start building the database. It's exactly the same process as for P3D Version 4.

After creation you will have TWO databases in the DbBuilder. Select the one for the simulator ou intend to use and start the server with that database. You will notice the version being used in the right lower corner of the client's window frame.

Hey Oskar thanks fort the reply man, Sorry I forgot my name, I thought I had it in my sig, going to check that now!

I guess I'm confused on how the AS Navdata works, all the guides on this are way to far above my head.

The AS NavDatapro version I have does NOT include the database/compatible for P3Dv5 yet SO my P3Dv5 doesn't have the latest NavData, BUT AS NavDataPro itself is updated to the latest NavData and so is P3Dv4 (because it IS compatible), so when I start up EFB2 and select P3Dv5 IF I select the NavDataPro as my source for data it will? not match my simulator....because P3Dv5 itself hasn't been updated yet?

I know I might be confusing as I am just starting to use the NavData and I'm not yet familiar on how eveything works, but basically, P3Dv5 and Aerosoft NavDataPro are NOT yet compatible, and I just don't understand how it can work.

Again, please understand, I'm new at this so I need to be guided.

thanks for the help man, I really do appreciate it!!

Signed,

Rob Comfort

"RobCom"

Rob,

For EFB2 you need exactly ONE database. Even though in the NavDataPro Updater you will see an EFB2 dataset for each version of P3D (and even FSX), all those databases are identical. Selecting ONE of them activates selection of all of them. Maybe this is the somewhat confusing part of the NavDataPro updater. All 4 entries point to the same database in the same installation path. In fact it's only ONE database and it's compatible for all simulators. The compatibility for various simulators is not dependent on the database, but on the EFB2 variant, in this case as from build #117 onwards you can create databases for FSX, FSX-SE, P3DV2, P3DV3, P3DV4, P3DV5 and X-Plane, all with the same NavDataPro database.

NDP_EFB2.png.38b5ee0404189d26cc8b5b0ac50e985b.png

So, all you need is to open the DbBuilder, select "create New"...

DBB_EFB2.jpg.0672c369f92d59e131534030f407a25c.jpg

and then select Lockheed Martin Version 5

DBB_EFB2_01.jpg.1fcc44ff224da208b0b4ea2478f8dc74.jpg

then with "next" select the NavDataPro database that is already available for EFB2 and let the DB build. That's all. You see in my first screenshot from my EFB2 DbBuilder, that I have already built three databases, one for P3DV4, one for P3DV5 and one for X-Plane 11. All these databases use the very same NavDataPro dataset.